PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Punch Found!!

DPDude
10-31-2004, 04:46 AM
Quite by accident I ran across cases of Delaware Punch in Austin, TX. HEB Central Market on North Lamar had a stack of Delaware Punch near their deli section. Even though Central Market usually stocks specialty sodas (Bubble Up, Canfields, Frostie, Dublin Dr Peppper, Coke/Coke Light/Sprite/Fanta Orange from Mexico, etc.) and other non-alcoholic regional drinks this was a surprising find.

I grabbed two cases, checked out, and proceeded to drink one after hooking up with a few friends. It was almost as I remembered it but just not quite as strong as it used to be. Looks like a new batch too as the expiration date is May 2005. Canned by Southwest Canners, Inc. in Portales, NM and Nacogdoches, TX. Asking price was $2.89 a six pack.

Lord Turbine
11-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Dude, they sell Delaware Punch in hordes in Mexico! It's awesome!

Shatter
11-06-2004, 01:41 AM
It's been about three or four years since i've found Deleware Punch.

When I was in Austin (Round Rock, specifically) last year, I stopped at an H-E-B and bought a 4-pack of Ol' Bob Miller's Prickly Pear Cactus Cooler. Track that one down. I bet you've never had a soda flavored with prickly pears before.

DPDude
11-07-2004, 01:59 AM
Shatter,
I've tried that Prickly Pair Cactus Cooler. Pretty good stuff! They sell it at just about every HEB store around south Texas.

I'll be on the lookout for more Delaware Punch since the Mexican version of it is pretty hard to come by these days.

ramonazo
11-07-2004, 02:26 AM
Hi everybody!!

I think that the reason that Mexican Delaware Punch is hard to find is because this brand is not available in Nuevo Leon and Reynosa, Tamaulipas and also in Leon, Guanajuato. In the rest of Mexico, Delaware Punch is available, and also DP is sold in a new package called "pouch" that contains 200 ml, and is sold in four different flavors: the traditional grape flavor, fuzzion flavor (Pineapple and apple), fuego (fire) flavor (orange and strawberry) and enigma flavor (melon and pineapple).

By the way, one question, the DP cases in Austin were made by Coca-Cola or by another bottler?

See ya!

DPDude
11-08-2004, 02:54 AM
Ramonazo,
The Delaware Punch that I found in Austin stated that it was a product of the Coca Cola Company. I don't know if the company that canned it, Southwest Canners, is a Coca Cola bottler though.

bigrich
11-08-2004, 10:30 PM
Southwest Canners is a Co-op canner for Independant Coca-Cola Bottlers in the Southwest. Anyone of the Independant bottlers could have had Southwest Canners produce this. They are much like MAC in the NE and Indiana. There is also a co-op in Bishopville, SC (Southeast Canners). There used to be one called Mid-America Canners, Inc., Madisonville, KY, but I believe they no longer can for Coke.

Drink
11-08-2004, 11:10 PM
I remember Delaware Punch,I thought I was quite good.Now that I think about I always remember Delaware Punch being a Coca-Cola Product.