PDA

View Full Version : Country Time Lemonade Revisited

Mr Zabe
10-12-2005, 03:15 AM
Well folks I picked up a few ice cold liters of Country Time Lemonade today. I could not explain why but I was very much impressed with CTL.

I double checked the codes and found out that this bottle was produced a little less than a month ago. (I drank a bottle last year that was a few months past the 9 month mark.) It had a very pleasing taste, nicely sweetened and a very mild yet very pleasing lemon tartness. Actually I drank the whole (33.8 oz) bottle as I just kept wanting to enjoy the experience.

Maybe some time ago the recipe was improved. I have another bottle in my fridge that is calling my name. LOL I guess it's cool to revisit soda drinks that I tried but did not fall head and heals in lust with. LOL

[ 10-12-2005, 02:17 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
10-12-2005, 06:41 PM
It was improved. I think it was reformulated a few years back. I remember when I worked for Coke in NJ, and we sold it. The stuff was so tart, I thought it was completely undrinkable.

There is also a Country Time Iced Tea in bottle/can, and I believe a light lemonade as well.

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-15-2005, 02:35 AM
Zabe, I was inspired by your post(as I often am) and decided to try a Country Time today when I spotted one.

Blech, I really don't see the magic in this stuff. You drank a whole 2 liter? Damn.

It's really just mediocre for me. It seems it not sweet enough AND not tart enough to me.

Tell you what. If you like lemonade, try Sobe's McLizard Lemonade. It's made with lemons and lemongrass, and it's fantastic. Easily my favorite Sobe flavor.

SEV smile.gif

Mr Zabe
10-15-2005, 03:05 AM
SEV
I will do as told. LOL
I will be shopping on Saturday.

I drank a 1 liter of Country Time. I would
have to skip a meal in order to drink a whole 2 liter at once.

Mr Nethead
10-15-2005, 08:27 AM
I used to drink Country Time lemonade a lot back in the day. I also drank the pink stuff. Problem is, it goes down so smooth I can't resist chugging. I can knock down a 12 ounce can of most beverages in less than a minute. But it seems like a Country Time lemonade takes about 20 seconds. ;)

Mr Zabe
10-15-2005, 12:57 PM
MrN
LOL So true. That's me. LOL A 12oz can feels like a couple of nice shots with out the booze buzz. LOL I still dig CTL just not as often I would want. (I need carbonation like a gum ball needs a mouth. LOL)

[ 10-15-2005, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

ChrisPC
10-18-2005, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
It was improved. I think it was reformulated a few years back. I remember when I worked for Coke in NJ, and we sold it. The stuff was so tart, I thought it was completely undrinkable. Yeah; it was like drinking battery acid. Now it's really smooth.