PDA

View Full Version : Vault to go National

Mello Yello Luver
10-13-2005, 04:35 AM
An insider at vaultkicks.org had the fallowing to say:
*Vault Sales have been exceptional
*Vault will be going nationwide "soon"
(probably around the super bowl)
*All of Coke's profits will be re-invested in to Vault it's first 2 Years.
(Expect to see a lot of Vault ads)
*Mello Yello will still be sold.

pepsidew
10-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Bring It! - if this does happen i would be willing to bet pepsi will push Mountain Dew BIG TIME to cut into vault sales

ramonazo
10-13-2005, 04:35 PM
Vault nationwide in January PLEASE!!!

[ 10-19-2005, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Mr Zabe
10-13-2005, 04:47 PM
Fingers and toes are crossed, waiting for the arrival of Vault. smile.gif

iluvsurge220
10-14-2005, 12:44 AM
Yeah that would be nice. From what I bought 2 months ago I only have one 20 oz left and one 2-liter left. I also have a can and another 20 oz but I am keeping those and not opening so I will always have some Vault around just in case it ends up like Surge.

karks88
10-14-2005, 09:41 AM
We're not sure of the exact date of the national launch but hopefully we'll know soon smile.gif From everything I've heard, Vault has exceeded expectations during the test-marketing. Can't wait for 2006!

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-15-2005, 01:28 AM
Even the Dew fans will be like "Wow, this stuff is better."

;)

SEV smile.gif

Chad.
10-15-2005, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:

;)

SEV smile.gif way to start a flame war, hahahaha

Mr Nethead
10-15-2005, 07:42 AM
When Vault is released here I will be overcome with joy. I haven't been this excited about a soda since... well... ever.

In some ways I'm tempted to order more off eBay. But I keep telling myself it's only a few more months.

the saint
10-15-2005, 08:33 AM

;)

SEV smile.gif They may say that but thier next purchase would be Dew, unless Vault is dirt cheap. I doubt that they would switch because Dew fans are pretty brand loyal, it is the same as coke people aren't gonna drink Pepsi, Dr Pepper people aren't gonna drink "fill in the blank with your choice". They MAY try it but more than likely they won't switch. MDX is slated for a Nov. 1st nationwide rollout (whether or not it happens remains to be seen) and if a Dew person is gonna switch to something else my money would be on something that taste pretty much the same, just better.

[ 10-15-2005, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: the saint ]

ecliptic
10-15-2005, 06:11 PM
I am brand neutral, I drink what I like. But I will always almost exclusively drink new pop if its good. Mainly because I get tired of the old ones.

pepsidew
10-16-2005, 05:22 PM

;)

SEV smile.gif if it does i will admit it

mjb1124
10-16-2005, 05:45 PM
Yeah...too bad they're coming out with MDX, which from all accounts seems to be a clone of Vault, at the same time. So the Dew fans will go for that.

Robot
10-16-2005, 05:57 PM
will MDX be in 12/24 packs of cans and priced the same as regular dew?

ramonazo
10-17-2005, 12:05 AM
I wish that MDX launching would accelerate Vault's launching...

[ 10-17-2005, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-17-2005, 12:42 AM
I may think Vault is better, but I'm still a big Dew fan. And no longer do I have an preference over Pepsi or Coke...

But forgive me, I like to start rivalries...

Does anyone think that Pepsi is releasing MDX because they don't think Dew can handle Vault?

If all these Dew fanboys say Dew can win the battle by itself, then why is Pepsi bringing in reinforcements?

Enjoy.

SEV smile.gif

iluvsurge220
10-17-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah that is exactly what I've been thinking. MD fans are always bragging about how Mountain Dew is the greatest and nothing will ever stop it. If Mountain Dew is so great, then why is Pepsi so worried about Vault? I thought Mountain Dew couldn't be stopped? LOL I think it is funny because I am a coke fan!! Why else would pepsi be launching this MDX around the same time that Vault is coming out? The only reason I can think of is that they are SCARED!!! I'd just like to see one MD fan admit it.

Robot
10-17-2005, 12:10 PM
well actually they announced MDX on the website like 6-12 months ago, with a free "sign up" form.. meaning that they were working on the flavor/idea for a good year before that probably... well before talk of vault..

Mr Zabe
10-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Just my two cents.

From who one who enjoys MD and as a total soda pop freak. I will gladly add Vault to my A list rotation and drink both Vault and MD.

To me Coke Classic and MD are my "mothers milk".
I will always have my Mother's Milk binges, months of buying cubes of Coke and MD and then a month or so of Pepsi and Vault???

It's all going to be good :cool:

[ 10-17-2005, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

the saint
10-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by mikibacsi1124:
Yeah...too bad they're coming out with MDX, which from all accounts seems to be a clone of Vault, at the same time. So the Dew fans will go for that. If MDX is nationwide first (tentative NOV 1) then wouldn't Vault be a clone of MDX??

the saint
10-17-2005, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:
well actually they announced MDX on the website like 6-12 months ago, with a free "sign up" form.. meaning that they were working on the flavor/idea for a good year before that probably... well before talk of vault.. How can you possibly say this??? We all know that coke comes up with EVERY idea first. Afterall Mountain Dew is just a poor copy of.. well I forget which coke product was the first FAILURE at this category?

[ 10-17-2005, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

The Truth
10-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Pepsi bought Mnt Dew. Did not come up with ideal.

karks88
10-17-2005, 04:13 PM
We've known about Vault since Fall 2004. The first I'd heard of it was either in August or September and it was from someone who had tasted it in Rochester, NY. They made a post about it on the SaveSURGE.org bulletin board. I actually thought they were kidding at first but then of course everything they said turned out to be true smile.gif

I'm not too worried about MDX. People will try that, then they'll try Vault. They will stick with what they like best. There is plenty of room for both on the market.

ramonazo
10-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
If MDX is nationwide first (tentative NOV 1) then wouldn't Vault be a clone of MDX?? :rolleyes: Get outta here! That MDX will be launched nationally first than Vault doesn't mean that Vault is a clone of MDX, Coca-Cola came up first with the concept of Citrus-Energy drink with Vault!

Afterall Mountain Dew is just a poor copy of.. well I forget which coke product was the first FAILURE at this category? Well... in Mexico, Mountain Dew FAILED... and Beat is still available in some states.

[ 10-17-2005, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

TaB
10-17-2005, 06:12 PM
You are all wrong - Sundrop for the win! tongue.gif

Oh, and Mr. R, you never responded to my PM I sent you.

[ 10-17-2005, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: TaB ]

ramonazo
10-17-2005, 08:18 PM
I disabled Private Messaging ... Sorry :D but I read it and to be honest, I've never sent anything by mail and I don't know how to send the cans... I need the book "Mail for Dummies" LOL

[ 10-17-2005, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

TaB
10-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Oh... Darn, I'll have to go to Mexico myself to get one of those cool simline coke cans. >.<

Cheer-wined
10-18-2005, 06:31 PM
Consolidated is pushing Vault like crazy now. I saw the 16oz Vault cans for .69 in Charlotte today. It has more advertising in c-stores than any other brand.

Mello Yello Luver
10-19-2005, 05:14 AM
That kind of ticks me off that MDX will be going nationwide before Vault. Then Mountain Dew fans will just think "MDX came out first, and Vault is just a copy cat" when actually Vault was the first to be sold.

Come on Coke why are you taking so long? If I were in charge of Coke, I would have Vault on the Shelves in 2 weeks!

[ 10-19-2005, 05:19 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

the saint
10-19-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Mello Yello Luver:
That kind of ticks me off that MDX will be going nationwide before Vault. Then Mountain Dew fans will just think "MDX came out first, and Vault is just a copy cat" when actually Vault was the first to be sold.

Come on Coke why are you taking so long? If I were in charge of Coke, I would have Vault on the Shelves in 2 weeks! And yet you see MDX as a copy of vault, what is the difference.

the saint
10-19-2005, 09:44 AM
[/qb][/QUOTE]Well... in Mexico, Mountain Dew FAILED... and Beat is still available in some states. [/QB][/QUOTE]
Yes and in Oklahoma all of the tamarind sodas fail so your point is what?? I do not believe that Beat was cokes first attempt at a citrus soda, was it?

[ 10-19-2005, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

the saint
10-19-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by The Truth:
Pepsi bought Mnt Dew. Did not come up with ideal. Where in my post did I say that Pepsi came up with the idea for Mountain Dew?? I am quite well aware that Pepsi bought Mountain Dew back in the 60's or so.

ramonazo
10-19-2005, 12:13 PM
Yes and in Oklahoma all of the tamarind sodas fail so your point is what?? I do not believe that Beat was cokes first attempt at a citrus soda, was it? In Mexico? Yes it was, and unfortunately neither Beat nor Mt. Dew survived... and please... tamarind sodas are great specially Jarritos Tamarind and Fanta Tamarind... In fact, what's your point to saying that tamarind sodas failed?

[ 10-19-2005, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

iluvsurge220
10-19-2005, 01:53 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by mikibacsi1124:
Yeah...too bad they're coming out with MDX, which from all accounts seems to be a clone of Vault, at the same time. So the Dew fans will go for that. If MDX is nationwide first (tentative NOV 1) then wouldn't Vault be a clone of MDX?? </font>[/QUOTE]Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:
well actually they announced MDX on the website like 6-12 months ago, with a free "sign up" form.. meaning that they were working on the flavor/idea for a good year before that probably... well before talk of vault..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you possibly say this??? We all know that coke comes up with EVERY idea first. Afterall Mountain Dew is just a poor copy of.. well I forget which coke product was the first FAILURE at this category

Hey The Saint what side are you on? In the first post you seemed to be saying that Vault is a clone of Mountain Dew but then in the second post you argued that we all know that Coke always comes out with every idea first so how could they have possibly started MDX before Vault? How can you argue for both sides. You are either against Vault and for MDX or vice-versa!!
The talk of Vault has been around WAAAAY longer than MDX. Coke wins again so why dont you Pepsi fans quit crying about it and just deal with it. VAULT was first. You all have your popular Mountain Dew that you brag about every chance you get and when Coke finally comes up with a hopeful competitor with Mountain Dew, you all start complaining. IT MAKES ME SICK!!

TaB
10-19-2005, 02:20 PM
Citrus Drinks had been around for a while. Sundrop and Mountain Dew originated around the same time, but were not copycats. Sundrop, in fact, has roots in the late 1910's as a noncarbonated Sunny-D like drink. The fact is, neither Pepsi nor Coke invented the citrus drink era, they are just providing further evolution and incubation for it.

the saint
10-19-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Ramón el Coca-Colero:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by the saint:
Yes and in Oklahoma all of the tamarind sodas fail so your point is what?? I do not believe that Beat was cokes first attempt at a citrus soda, was it? In Mexico? Yes it was, and unfortunately neither Beat nor Mt. Dew survived... and please... tamarind sodas are great specially Jarritos Tamarind and Fanta Tamarind... In fact, what's your point to saying that tamarind sodas failed? </font>[/QUOTE]I am not knocking tamarind sodas. I think that they taste pretty good. I was merely replying to the fact that as a whole cokes attempts to knock Mt Dew off have all failed and you replied that Mt Dew failed in Mexico. Tamarind fails to generate sales in Ok so in a sense it fails. Different regions have different demographics, not all products will do well in every one of them.

the saint
10-19-2005, 06:54 PM
oh yeah Mr. el Coca-Colero I stand corrected on Beat, I was not sure.

the saint
10-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
Yeah...too bad they're coming out with MDX, which from all accounts seems to be a clone of Vault, at the same time. So the Dew fans will go for that. If MDX is nationwide first (tentative NOV 1) then wouldn't Vault be a clone of MDX?? </font>[/QUOTE]Originally posted by Jimmy O'Sullivan:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you possibly say this??? We all know that coke comes up with EVERY idea first. Afterall Mountain Dew is just a poor copy of.. well I forget which coke product was the first FAILURE at this category

Hey The Saint what side are you on? In the first post you seemed to be saying that Vault is a clone of Mountain Dew but then in the second post you argued that we all know that Coke always comes out with every idea first so how could they have possibly started MDX before Vault? How can you argue for both sides. You are either against Vault and for MDX or vice-versa!!
The talk of Vault has been around WAAAAY longer than MDX. Coke wins again so why dont you Pepsi fans quit crying about it and just deal with it. VAULT was first. You all have your popular Mountain Dew that you brag about every chance you get and when Coke finally comes up with a hopeful competitor with Mountain Dew, you all start complaining. IT MAKES ME SICK!! </font>[/QUOTE]ummm it was Sarcasm towards coke fans. Sorry you didn't get it. Mdx has been in planning for at least 2-3 years. Amp was actually a trial run more or less being the 2 drinks are quite similar. The lab people were working on a formula that tasted more like Mt Dew rather than an energy drink.
As far as sides are concerned I really have no preference. You can take your entire post and switch the word coke with Pepsi and vice-versa as well as Vault and MDX and re-read it so I don't have to type basically the same thing.
As far as quitting crying and deal with it why don't you look at your beloved drink. SURGE is long gone "quit crying about it and deal with it" :D

[ 10-20-2005, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]

Tannerman
10-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Bring Vault nationwide... let more than the test markets decide. I think the end result will be the same for all bottlers involved.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-20-2005, 09:42 AM
vault will do well for a while. let's see if coke has the same vigor with it as they did in their test markets that's the real key. coke really dropped pushing surge the last time. if you're gonna take on a monster, you better be in the limelight for quite sometime. look at miller lite versus bud light.

Mello Yello Luver
10-20-2005, 11:15 AM
It looks like Vault will be going national around Feburary.

Philadelphia Coca Cola said this to a Vault fan:

"Much to our excitement and hopefully yours....the test-markets for Vault have far exceeded expectations!! Given the early success of the brand in our trial markets, Philly Coke is currently planning to launch Vault in this marketplace early 2006 (tentatively scheduled mid to late February). You should be on the lookout for Vault in 20oz plastic bottles, with other packages (12pk Fridgepack cans and possibly 2ltr plastic bottles) to follow shortly thereafter.

On behalf of Philly Coke and the Coca-Cola Company of North America, I thank you for your support of Coca-Cola products and look forward to your discovery of VAULT!!!"

[ 10-20-2005, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

ramonazo
10-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Noooo!

January 10th Please!!!

[ 11-08-2005, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-20-2005, 06:53 PM
It's true that we've known for quite a while about MDX. I myself signed up on that website too.

But we've also known about rumors of Surge's reintroduction(ie, Vault) for a while too. And I can guarantee you that Coke knew about it long before we ever did.

This is my opinion:
Dew is a classic and has many fans. Coke has been trying to take a piece of Dew since who knows when, and they can't seem to do it. Mello Yello is very popular, but only regionally speaking.

I think Pepsi saw the fast-paced, yet short-lived success of Surge, and started to think. They heard Coke was going to reintroduce the formula, and as a good company should, took extra measures.

So now Vault seems like it will be released nationwide, and Pepsi has a backup plan. I really don't think this shows weakness, just good business decisions.

Sorry for mucking up the fan wars with a little logic. :D

SEV smile.gif

ramonazo
10-20-2005, 08:00 PM
I saw the MDX ads in www.benocturnal.com (http://www.benocturnal.com) and my opinion is: WHAT THE HELL IS THAT???!!! Looks like a Discovery Channel documentary made with a nightglow camera or the intro of a terror stories program...

Another thing, MDX in 14 oz.? six ounces less than Vault? Vault will be the leader in the segment, that's for sure.

More info:
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-19-2005/0004172969&EDATE=

[ 10-20-2005, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

the saint
10-20-2005, 10:47 PM
You know, the bad thing about this entire thread is that MDX and Vault will probably just be distant memories in a year or two. We are all in an uproar over it and neither will have the neccesary volume (IMO) to have any type of longevity. In 5-6 years there will be someone posting on here wanting to know where they can find some of either kind of like they do looking for Josta.

fusion
10-20-2005, 11:02 PM
That does seem to be the trend. 2006 already promises to be another year overloaded with new introductions, most of which will probably fail or do marginally ok.

I would like to think that Vault has some promise, and it looks like it does, based on the test markets, but then again, Surge had an excellent first year, and then tanked.

Mello Yello Luver
10-21-2005, 05:36 AM
If Coke keeps trying, and doesn't give up, eventually one of it's citrus drinks will catch on. I think Vault has lots of potential.

pepsidew
10-21-2005, 06:12 AM
i dont know why people are comparing vault to mdx - mdx is a soda/energy drink combo - its just a better tasting energy drink.

iluvsurge220
10-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by pepsidew:
i dont know why people are comparing vault to mdx - mdx is a soda/energy drink combo - its just a better tasting energy drink. Hey pepsidew where have you been. Vault is also a soda/energy drink. Why can't you see why people are comparing the two? They are basically the same thing.

iluvsurge220
10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by iluvsurge220:

The talk of Vault has been around WAAAAY longer than MDX. Coke wins again so why dont you Pepsi fans quit crying about it and just deal with it. VAULT was first. You all have your popular Mountain Dew that you brag about every chance you get and when Coke finally comes up with a hopeful competitor with Mountain Dew, you all start complaining. IT MAKES ME SICK!! </font>[/QUOTE]ummm it was Sarcasm towards coke fans. Sorry you didn't get it. Mdx has been in planning for at least 2-3 years. Amp was actually a trial run more or less being the 2 drinks are quite similar. The lab people were working on a formula that tasted more like Mt Dew rather than an energy drink.
As far as sides are concerned I really have no preference. You can take your entire post and switch the word coke with Pepsi and vice-versa as well as Vault and MDX and re-read it so I don't have to type basically the same thing.
As far as quitting crying and deal with it why don't you look at your beloved drink. SURGE is long gone "quit crying about it and deal with it" :D </font>[/QUOTE]Why should I cry about Surge being gone if its back for good? AKA Vault? Im sorry if I took that a little too far, I dont want to start a big war or anything, but Coke has finally come up with something that could possibly compete with dew and if it does I will be very happy. Im very passionate about Vault and Surge and when Dew fans make fun and sarcastic jokes and what not about it, I just lose my temper. SO I apologize for some of my posts.

ramonazo
10-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Vault to the TOP!!!!

BTW, I wrote a months ago a topic about discontinued Coke products in a Marketing magazine forum, and somebody told me that Beat is still available in Hermosillo, Sonora... so, If you have the chance to go there, pick up some BEAT!

[ 10-21-2005, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

the saint
10-21-2005, 02:42 PM
No need to apoligize to me, Grain of salt man, grain of salt. Actually pepsidew is right MDX isn't going to be a mainline soda as in 12pk,2ltr, etc. from what I understand it is merely energy drink going in the energy drink section. What I posted above was that if dew fans are going to switch that more than likely they would switch to MDX being it is Dew with a kick then all hell broke loose about an MDX/Vault war. Vault is going after Dew and I wish them the best of luck. MDX is going towards red bull, monster, rockstar, whoever made a new one this week, etc.

Mr Nethead
10-21-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by pepsidew:
i dont know why people are comparing vault to mdx - mdx is a soda/energy drink combo - its just a better tasting energy drink. Hey pepsidew where have you been. Vault is also a soda/energy drink. Why can't you see why people are comparing the two? They are basically the same thing. </font>[/QUOTE]I don't think Vault is *really* an energy drink. It's more of a marketing gimmick. It has none of the typical energy drink characteristics except tons of caffeine. Besides, has Coke actually said it's an energy drink or just that it "kicks" like one?

I so love Vault though. My cravings for it are running at an all-time high.

iluvsurge220
10-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Yeah I agree. Its just a lot of caffeine and it tastes like pop not really an energy drink. Maybe they are using the term energy drink so that it will appeal to both pop lovers and energy drink lovers, which in my opinion is smart.

Mello Yello Luver
10-22-2005, 06:36 AM
It's sort of a soda and an energy drink. Let me remind you of the Vault slogan:
"Drinks like a soda, kicks like an energy drink"

The reason it's considered an energy drink is because of it's high caffiene content.
Caffiene
Mt.Dew 50g
Vault 70g

It gives you a big time buzz, thus it's an energy drink (that doesn't taste like one)

[ 10-22-2005, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-22-2005, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure it's considered an energy drink by market definitions.

I haven't seen many energy drinks in 20oz, 2 liters, and 12 packs.

SEV smile.gif

Mr Zabe
10-22-2005, 11:58 AM
While shopping at my local Jewel grocery store I noticed that the Pepsi end cap cooler located in front of one of the check out lanes had several small envelope sized MDX stickers.

The sticker said that MDX will be available in the store shortly. It showed a picture of the bottle as well.

Ladies and Gents, it appears there will be some good cut throat marketing of these new brands. LOL
Can you say deep discounts? LMAO

karks88
10-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Exactly! No matter which side your on, we will all end up with a lot of cheap drinks filling up our fridge smile.gif

I'm just glad that Vault is getting a chance to go national and to prove itself. There is definitely a good bit of anticipation for it and I think that can only translate into good things in the future.

iluvsurge220
10-23-2005, 06:22 PM
Yeah I hope so. I'm a college student with little money, and cheap Vault is just what I need, lol.

Tannerman
10-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Doing the math with the released numbers, MDX will contain about 5.875 mg per ounce, which is the same as Vault. Interestingly, the diet version of MDX will contain more caffeine, at 6.25 mg per ounce.

For comparison, regular Dew et al all just have 4.5 mg of caffeine per ounce. AMP has 8.875 mg per ounce.

SURGE
10-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Wow what a conversation. I've got so many things to add but I'll summurize. First I think there is completely a place in the market for Vault. No matter its success against Dew it will take small portions of the diet energy category as well as the sportsdrink category and perhaps even some of the bar scene. Its a good value on a $/oz for a caffinated citrus. Also there is the built in SURGE audience and some Citra/Fanta Citrus/Squirt ect will inevitably be switched. The flavor and marketing are and will be different than Dew. I think Coke is and will do a good job showing people that Vault isnt Dew repackaged. If I had to give a guess on the volume for 2006 I would put it like this.

100 Million cases of regular Vault (somewhere near but slightly less than Sierra Mist)

and 35-40M cases of Diet.

Obviously thats totally out of the air but looking at the inflation of the market since SURGE's debut of 69m cases in 1997 as well as how Coke is handling this brand suggest a modest boost over Coke's first year SURGE numbers. The diet ought to also help with brand awareness and legitimacy.

Mello Yello Luver
10-28-2005, 08:41 AM
I predict Vault will sell about 150 Million Cases in it's first year(2006). But the do or die year for Vault will be 2007. If sales increase or stay the same, Vault will be ok. But if Vault sales take a big drop in 07, Vault will be in big trouble.

[ 10-28-2005, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

Mr Zabe
10-28-2005, 08:56 AM
I might be stating the obvious. It's not the cases sold per say, it's the cases sold in relation to net profits realized over a years time.

In other words if Coke has to provid discounts and extended promotions, gross cases sold do not mean as much to the profitability of Vault.

Coke like any other corporation seeks to maximize profit. IMO looking at net profits provides a more meaningful picture that would show the strength of the Vault brand.

Granted cases sold is a good snapshot way of gaging the perceived health of a brand.

[ 10-28-2005, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

iluvsurge220
10-30-2005, 08:26 PM
I just finished up the last of my Vault today. I do have a can of it and a 20 oz. bottle of it that I will keep forever and never drink just to have around in case it goes away like Surge. It almost took me 3 months to drink all that I had, and now that I am out, I have to have some more!! So hurry up and come out already!! LOL.

Mello Yello Luver
10-30-2005, 08:34 PM
I can't wait!!! Only 3 more Months till Vault goes national!!!

[ 10-30-2005, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

fusion
11-03-2005, 10:33 PM
I've been told we will be getting it early next year in Maryland as well.

Vault is getting a lot of action in Eastern Tennesee, if you're looking for it, iluvsurge. I saw it all over the place in the Tri-Cities area. I think I also saw it as far west as Cookeville, but I can't really remember. I didn't stop in Knoxville, but I am told it is there, too.

iluvsurge220
11-04-2005, 11:29 AM
Yeah that is where I stocked up on it. Around the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area. I'm not desperate enough for it to go all the way down there to get it. I can wait, it's just that I'm so excited about it.

wonkapete
11-04-2005, 03:14 PM
Vault just hit us yesterday! Banners are out at almost every station, stickers on cooler doors, signs on posts.. it's everywhere here. Finally!

fusion
11-04-2005, 08:27 PM
I am hearing a LOT of talk about this around the office, from salespeople, etc. Everyone is expecting big things from Vault next year.

ChrisPC
11-05-2005, 12:09 AM
MDX? Isn't that an explosive? smile.gif

Vault is showing up here in Nashville now.

ramonazo
11-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by ChrisPC:
MDX? Isn't that an explosive? smile.gif

Vault is showing up here in Nashville now. You're so Lucky smile.gif ...

Mr Zabe
11-05-2005, 10:26 AM
I am so bummed out. I went to my local Jewel Food store (which has always been in stock kind to me. LOL) to get some of the MDX 14oz energy drinks. The store manager said that they sold out of their initial shipment during the first two days of the add. So I ended up with a rain check and a sad face. LOL

I did not have the energy to drive around the area looking for it. I will look for it next time I am near a Jewel. I felt sorry for myself so a cashed in a coupon for a free Pepsi cube. Back on sugar I go....

SURGE
11-07-2005, 02:38 AM
phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=114845&p=IROL-SingleRelease&t=Regular&id=773249&

According to this press release Vault will expand into all of Coke Consolidated's territory this November. I would finger this as the time for Vault Zero to immerge. This is obviously great news for southerners since CC covers (parts of) 11 states!

The Truth
11-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Does that mean they will drop Sun Drop???

fusion
11-07-2005, 09:49 PM
Mobile and Nashville were the last two big CCBCC markets that didn't have Vault.

On a smaller scale, there also wasn't any Vault in WV.

I wonder if Vault will make it into multipack bottle packages, like 8pk 12oz or 6pk 16.9oz.

DJ HawaiianShirt
11-07-2005, 10:48 PM
I'm sorry, SURGE, but I think you're crazy if you think that Vault will take a chunk out of the sports drink segment.

SEV smile.gif

SURGE
11-08-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm sorry, SURGE, but I think you're crazy if you think that Vault will take a chunk out of the sports drink segment.
"Small portion" is alot different than a chunk. I would say it will snag about as many sports drink sales as MDX.

karks88
11-09-2005, 04:25 PM
I could actually see Vault competing a little bit in the sports drink market. I haven't tried MDX yet but from what I hear I imagine that it could as well.

In Vault's case, it's got the energy from caffeine and has very little carbonation. It's easy to drink so I wouldn't be shocked to at least a few people use it as a sports drink.

Back in the day when I used to get off my lazy butt and play sports, I always preferred a soda to a Gatorade-type drink ;) Vault could give me the taste I want without as much carbonation.

Mr Zabe
11-09-2005, 04:53 PM
LOL
Back in my day (hockey and baseball sports) I would have gone crazy if I could not gulp down ice cold Lemon Lime Gatorade from a glass bottle. smile.gif I tried drinking a coke after hockey practice once and I ended up giving the sidewalk a piece of my stomach. :(

Non carbonation works best at least for me post physical work out....in my day.

ChrisPC
11-09-2005, 11:49 PM
I just picked up some Vault tonight. Great stuff; it is almost the second coming of Surge. smile.gif Not too carbonated, but I like that. No Surge aftertaste; It's a bit more like Mello Yello.

There are huge displays for it at local gas stations, including one at the end of my street. They had 20oz Vault on ice for 79 cents. They also had MDX; I need to try that next.

[ 11-09-2005, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: ChrisPC ]

iluvsurge220
11-10-2005, 10:33 AM
MMMM.. 79 cents for a 20 oz. of Vault. The cheapest I could find it when I was in TN in August was 89 cents and when I found it for that I bought 10 of them lol. I think Vault is best in 20 oz. It just has a very smooth feeling and it tastes great. I don't get that out of the cans, and the 2-liters are okay until they start going flat.

Darren
11-10-2005, 12:33 PM
For what it's worth, a friend of mine works for a production company and they just got a ton of work from Coca-Cola, creating Vault fridge packs, etc. They also got work for Coke Blak and Black Cherry Vanilla Coke.

fusion
11-10-2005, 02:13 PM
I found the 16oz cans at an Exxon in the Natural Bridge VA area for 59¢.

karks88
11-10-2005, 04:40 PM
Cool! I really want to see one of those 16oz. cans, although I imagine that it's pretty much the same as Full Throttle.

Still haven't found MDX in my area. We're usually the last in the country to get everything.

fusion
11-10-2005, 05:37 PM
I kept one can -- I'll have to take a picture of it when I get it out of the car.

BATBL18
11-10-2005, 09:49 PM
http://img497.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vault16oz0016nh.jpg

http://img497.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vault16oz0025zs.jpg

http://img497.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vault16oz0039gd.jpg

Mr Zabe
11-10-2005, 10:02 PM
Gee maybe Coke should have named this new brand,
"Vault Dew". LOL Vault appears at least by reading the can's ingredients to be a Dew with a slight kick up in caffeine. If Vault does not rock my world taste wise a small amount of extra caffeine will not win me over. IMO

karks88
11-11-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by BATBL18:
http://img497.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vault16oz0016nh.jpg

http://img497.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vault16oz0025zs.jpg

http://img497.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vault16oz0039gd.jpg Thanks so much for the pics! I'll be sure to give you credit on the site smile.gif

Hollow Man
11-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Actually Zabe, if you compare the ingredients to SURGE (rather than Dew), you'll see they're almost exactly the same. The basic differences are the lack of maltodextrin, the change of a type of preservative, and more caffeine.

-HM

ChrisPC
11-13-2005, 04:19 PM
You're right: it does have more caffeine. I just had one, and I can feel the kick!

I still only see the 20oz bottles here; no cans or 2 liters.

The local Coke trucks now have Vault ads on them, and there's a full size billboard for it right down the street from me.

Chad.
11-16-2005, 01:34 PM
http://vaultkicks.org/launch/bottles.jpg

vaultkicks.org has official word that vault and vault zero are being released nationwide in feb 2006

ramonazo
11-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Until February?! NO, PLEASE!!!! January!!! or I will have to try it until 2007! :(

[ 11-21-2005, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

karks88
11-16-2005, 03:36 PM
We were able to get official word from Coke that the launch will be in February! Depending on which state you are in though, you may see it sooner. Ramon, hopefully you'll be in a state where it comes out a little early.

ramonazo
11-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by karks88:
We were able to get official word from Coke that the launch will be in February! Depending on which state you are in though, you may see it sooner. Ramon, hopefully you'll be in a state where it comes out a little early. Eric, pal... I hope too!, I'll be in Vegas next January, but according to your note Vault it's presented today in the NACS event, I hope Vault to stay in Vegas from today, and not only for the event!...

Wish me luck!

[ 11-16-2005, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

karks88
11-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Good luck! I hope it's there waiting for you in fabulous Las Vegas smile.gif

VoiceofReason
11-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Lets get a few things straight...

1. Vault is little more than Surge with extra caffiene. It is not an Energy drink, it is just a caffeine loaded soda....and likley to follow the stunning success of Surge.

2. MDX is not an energy drink OR a soda. It is a hybrid of the two. Look at the price point. 2/$3 or $1.59 ea. DO NOT Compare MDX to Vault. MDX has all the elements of an energy drink, not JUST caffeine. MDX however is marketed as a great tasting alternative to an energy drink (and it truely is great tasting).

3. Vault is coming out to be Coke's next answer to Mtn Dew. Since every other attempt has failed, KO has intelligently decided that its new effort needs a point of differentiation...extra caffeine. At first look, it certainly does seem to be a better attempt to take marketshare from the best selling 20oz soda in the country (Mtn Dew).

4. Let's not forget however how funny this actually is. This is the 3rd? 4th? Try that Coke has made to compete. When will they realize that they JUST CAN'T DO THE DEW.

Mr Zabe
11-20-2005, 04:14 PM
I would have to agree. Mountain Dew is IMO in a class of it's own. smile.gif

fusion
11-20-2005, 06:06 PM
I found MDX to be seriously lacking in the taste department.

fusion
11-20-2005, 06:12 PM
You also failed to mention that Pepsi didn't invent Dew, they bought it.

VoiceofReason
11-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Who cares who invented it? Mergers and acquisitions are the fuel of competition and a key measure of success for a corporation. The fact that Coke has failed to successfuly market a competing product after many many attempts is what is really funny. It almost reminds me of KMX...Coke's first, second, third, fourth (Reformulation after reformulation)....you get the drift...attempt to launch a successful competitor into the highly profitable and growing energy drink category. When all else failed, they bought distribution rights of more established, better marketed drinks (Rock Star and Von Dutch)

sundrop
11-20-2005, 07:13 PM
It is amazing how much attention Vault's pending national launch can draw. A drink that three fourths of the country has never saw(or heard of) has Mountain Dew drinkers bashing it left and right. Why do we need to be reminded of how strong Dew is?(we have not forgotten) Are they really worried?

So soda drinkers are excited about a new drink coming, is this wrong?

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
I found MDX to be seriously lacking in the taste department. i thought it tasted like hell. so did the diet. i can't believe that this stuff is going to be around for long. just doesn't seem like something you'll see out for long, like that B^e crap that budweiser had

Mello Yello Luver
11-21-2005, 05:46 AM
Vault is a lot better than MDX

Mello Yello Luver
11-21-2005, 05:48 AM
Is Vault Zero out yet? Once it comes out, I'll make another road trip to Virginia

[ 11-21-2005, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Mello Yello Luver ]

iluvsurge220
11-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Voiceofreason I agree with you that Vault and MDX are different and we need to stop comparing them. I loved surge and I love Vault. I like Mountain Dew as well and I don't think that Coke will ever be able to come up with something that will take big sales away from Mountain Dew. Coke should know that they have no chance against MD but I don't think they are going to give up. They are gonna keep making attempts until they get something that will at least stay around for a long time and not die out like Surge. I don't think they are looking to run out MD, they are just trying to find something to get a little competition.

karks88
11-21-2005, 01:58 PM
To me, this is all just the same 'ole Coke vs. Pepsi stuff we've been debating forever smile.gif Fans (outside the industry, that is) could care less about exactly which ingredients make something an "energy drink", they care about how it tastes. They'll choose what they want based on taste and of course price too.

Mr Zabe
11-21-2005, 02:30 PM
IMO, granted I do not drink energy drinks, those that do regularly drink energy drinks shop based on ingredient's,taste and price.

IMO, energy drink drinkers are seeking a real or perceived to be real health effect. They know the difference between caffenated soda pop and a drink with the "energy" ingredients. They like us pop freaks, read labels,research products and most of all know what is an energy drink and what is soda pop.

It's kind of like shopping for golf balls. Range balls are good for novice golfers. Seasoned golfers buy golf balls based on performance and course/weather conditions.

[ 11-21-2005, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
11-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by VoiceofReason:
Who cares who invented it? Mergers and acquisitions are the fuel of competition and a key measure of success for a corporation. The fact that Coke has failed to successfuly market a competing product after many many attempts is what is really funny. It almost reminds me of KMX...Coke's first, second, third, fourth (Reformulation after reformulation)....you get the drift...attempt to launch a successful competitor into the highly profitable and growing energy drink category. When all else failed, they bought distribution rights of more established, better marketed drinks (Rock Star and Von Dutch) My point was that it seems like a lot of people act like Pepsi created something that Coke can't touch.. like someone else said, the same old Coke vs. Pepsi wars. I was just pointing out that Dew was acquired by Pepsi, not invented by them. There are still a few bottlers in the Mid-Atlantic that bottle/distribute Dew that aren't Pepsi bottlers.

Actually, Coke had Full Throttle for about a year before signing the master Rockstar distribution agreement. And KMX was reformulated once, not many times. It is actually still around in the south in many places.

karks88
11-21-2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
It's kind of like shopping for golf balls. Range balls are good for novice golfers. Seasoned golfers buy golf balls based on performance and course/weather conditions. Excellent point! Hardcore enegry drinkers may notice the ingredients, but I don't think that's who Vault is going after. I think Coke is positioning Vault to be sort of a step up from a normal soda's caffeine, while keeping the price range right with your average CSD. A lot of people aren't interested in spending $2 for a 8.5oz. can when they can spend a lot less for a 20oz. bottle of something that also gives them a boost.

Of course, one could make the point of what's another $2 spent in a convenience store after you've already paid $50 to fill up your gas tank :D

golee1
11-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Mello Yello Luver:
Is Vault Zero out yet? Once it comes out, I'll make another road trip to Virginia It's not out yet, but I got an advance sample of it from our Sales Center manager. It's really good, I think better than Diet Mountain Dew.

fusion
11-25-2005, 12:06 PM
I think it may already be out in TN - but I could be wrong.

http://www.chattanoogacocacola.com/promote.htm

ramonazo
11-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
I think it may already be out in TN - but I could be wrong.

http://www.chattanoogacocacola.com/promote.htm If they announce it now on their site... It's sure it's there...

I WANT TO KICK IT!

[ 11-25-2005, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

fusion
11-25-2005, 08:36 PM
I think Coke learned something from Surge. To effectively compete, you need a diet counterpart. I see a lot of loyal diet Dew drinkers, people who are buying 4-8 2 liters or fridgemates at a time.

I think Coke may be targeting people who want a little extra oomph in their drinks, but don't want to pay $2 for an 8.4 or 16 ounce can of an energy drink. Dew is all about extreme sports and such, and if Coke is going to put Vault up against it, it needs to show it can effectively compete, imagewise.

Mr Zabe
11-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Warning another post down memory lane. LOL

I remember during my childhood (10 to 15 yrs of age) seeing those slick Mt Dew adds on TV and in various magazines. The ones were the "gang" are playing around in a beach or driving on a road trip. I remembered how they ended up drinking Mountain Dew and looking as they were having the best time of their life.

What kid would not be brain washed into giving the Dew a try? I tried the Dew. I instantly loved the flavor. The flavor and the fantasy of living the carefree life, to me and IMO, is what sold Dew. Great marketing built the Dew.

Vault needs to offer a marketing plan that will give the fantasy of enjoy the carefree good life of middle America, if it desires to win their hard earned cash. The jury is still out. Taste is key but a stupid marketing plan could hurt Vault's chances.

[ 11-25-2005, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]