PDA

View Full Version : bottling manufacture 101

Stephen
09-14-2006, 09:36 PM
just looking to get into this business (interviewing for a job). I have the QA background, but have never been in the bottling side of the business. Are there any good sites out there that can introduce me to the basics? I was told I should "know the lingo" before my interview.

Thanks,

NRGSLLR@
09-15-2006, 11:35 AM
Sales or Operations, the fact that I am asking would tell me you need to develop your questions prior to your interview. You need to be clearer in your questions and answers. This business is a vast array of sub businesses each of which have their own "lingo" ie; are you familiar with such things as ROI, GP, BMP, Are you interviewing on the sales side? Are you familiar with planograms, space to sales, market share? We can help but you need to be specific.

Mr Zabe
09-15-2006, 01:13 PM
IMO...besides knowing about the company your interviewing for:

1 Speak when asked to speak. Answer questions and do not try to "show boat" how great you feel you are.

2. At least once in the first few minutes offer a light bit of soft humor with a smile. (This shows you are human. LOL)

3. Be humble. State you realize that you are eager to learn how their company works and become a productive MEMBER of their team.

4. Send and Email thank you (keep it simple) ASAP.

IMO...Employers want trainable people when they hire, keep that in mind.

Good Luck
Zabe