PDA

View Full Version : "Repack" on 12 pack of Mt Dew

drpep
09-17-2006, 07:40 PM
I was in a Fort Lauderdale area Albertsons and notice a 12 pack of Mtn Dew with the word "repack" printed on the box above the plant code where the sell by date normally is. Could this been a box made up of cans from broken 12 packs?

the saint
09-17-2006, 08:44 PM
That is what it would be, More than likely since the "repack" was printed on it, it was from 12 packs that broke in the warehouse. To keep from using alot of manpower to sort dates to put the proper date on the cartons they just put repack.

rackitup
09-17-2006, 09:30 PM
When I worked 4 pepsi we had 12 pack knocked down boxes that we re packed in the stores when product was damaged, we never put repack on the boxes or wrote a date on the box.

pepsipimp
09-17-2006, 09:46 PM
We unfortunately have to repack sometimes. The dead giveaways are usually
-No expiration date on box
-Box taped shut (thats no obvious is it?)
-Finding 6pk cans with ringers in 12 pk box

I have had accounts that will ONLY carry Cubes when they are on Sale so after the sale instead of picking them up, we have to repack whats left into 12Packs.

Some stores are smart enough to know that this messes up their inventory because it comes in as 24s and goes out as 12s. We had one genious that that was repacking stuff and mixing up cans...All you guys that want multi-packs I guess thats one way to get them!

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-19-2006, 09:33 PM
one of my old jobs at my beer distributor was to repack damaged product.

DJ HawaiianShirt
09-20-2006, 10:40 PM
I suppose this is quite a good idea, the repack. It's really a waste if the "orphan" cans aren't used.

But a problem I could see arising is the various expiration dates on different cans. If one plans to keep the pack for any lengthy period of time, some could spoil before others.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
09-20-2006, 10:48 PM
the way our local woodmans store deals with broken cases is, first off, they have a section of the store with expired, almost expired, slightly damaged, and overstock merchandise, so they put the individual cans there with like a 15 cent price tag each on them

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-21-2006, 08:26 AM
yeah the thing about repack is is that you just have to make sure that it goes out to the fastest moving accounts, and assure that the quality is there.