PDA

View Full Version : Newer Beverage Brands...Opinions Wanted

xslipknotx
10-15-2005, 02:44 AM
I am researching some newer energy drinks and beverages found on Bevnet, etc. for a business associate who may add them to their beer distro. biz, anybody have any comments, suggestions on potential commercial success of these:

Snow Sparkling Mint Soda
Flathead Lake Monster Soda
Arizona Beverage Company
Jones Soda Co. Organic Tea line
IZZE 100% Sparkling Juice
Chocolate Moose
Havana Cappuccino
O Beverages (flavored water)
Zico
Vita Coco
New Leaf Tea
Clearly Canadian
Trek
Firefighter Brand Beverages

Thanks for the input!

the saint
10-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Given the above choices, I would go with the larger known brand(s). Arizona would probably be my first choice Jones second. I wouldn't go with Clearly Canadian as they have been a dead item for years and I have seen it reintroduced several times here to no avail.
I would start off with 4-6 flavors or so I wouldn't go with the full line of anything.
If frappuccino isn't very strong in yours/his area I would probably try the Havana Cappuccino as well. Get some racks and display it everywhere. Cold coffee drinks sell really well (why I do not know yuck), but if frappuccino is a strong brand they will have a hold on the market and more than likely it will fail.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-15-2005, 10:47 AM
izze works well
gets you into other markets such as coffee houses. izze's good at getting small, local chains to let them in.

lots of hippie stuff/appeal with their charitable ways. overall, a good product.

it tastes great.

agree with the saint. the only thing you gotta watch out for with arizona is anyone can sell it, like gatorade, and they have like fifty SKUS.

what breweries does your uncle carry?

Hacksaw
10-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Arizona, Jones, & Clearly Canadian are the only ones I see around here. I'd love to try the Firefighter brand. They have a well thought out sweetener package.

Now, as far as local sales go, Arizona is the top one on that list around here. Not bad for not having a big ad capaign. Jones sells so-so, and Clearly Canadian is a real dog on sales. Nothing against the brand; It just doesn't move around here.

boodoo
10-16-2005, 09:35 AM
The brand research indicates that your bud is looking for specialty drinks. I would suggest matching brands to his existing customer base. If this includes specialty brands then rock on. If he is looking for bare knuckled fist-fighting with the big soda boys in grocery and c-stores then be very selective.

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-17-2005, 12:35 AM
IZZE's not a stellar drink, but it's pretty good, and as RunWDLG said, it's definitely developed a hip image from strategic sales locations.

I think the Snow Sparkling Mint Soda has big potential, because it's different, and from what I've heard, very good. But my biggest complaint is distribution. Unfortunately, the smaller, newer drinks have trouble getting national recognition.

SEV smile.gif