PDA

View Full Version : so how is coke zero doing now?

popologist
09-18-2006, 02:38 PM
hi guys. i was just wondering how coke zero is doing in the US this year. are there any market share numbers out there? is there any chance it may crack the Top Ten soft drinks this year?

i know it's doing really well overseas.

and, i've seen more and more people drinking it here in NYC. and i know some of you said you've seen it in some soda fountains. so i just wondered how it was doing.

cokepa
09-18-2006, 09:12 PM
I don't have any numbers for you, but it seems to me like sales are increasing some, particularly 20 oz. bottles. Like I say, I don't have anything to back that up, I'm just going by what I see on my truck every day.

drpep
09-18-2006, 09:49 PM
All I know is that Coke Zero is very heavy in the south. Every store I visited had multiple facings and most vending machines had it. C2 12 packs are also in most supermarkets in the south.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
09-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by drpep:
All I know is that Coke Zero is very heavy in the south. Every store I visited had multiple facings and most vending machines had it. same with southern wisconsin. most machines have coke zero, and the stores have lots too. i personally know 4, maby 5 people who drink it, and one who it has become their main soda.

popologist
09-19-2006, 12:06 AM
it DOES seem like i see more of it stocked in supermarkets lately.

i haven't seen it in any vending machines in NYC yet, but i hardly use those.

i'd really like to see it in the Top Ten soon. which means it would have to have about 1.2-1.4% market share.

SamC
09-19-2006, 08:52 AM
In my area (CCBCC) it is showing up in almost all vending machines. It is sold in 16.9 six packs, which only the majors are. In cans it gets at least as much space a diet Coke, and is always spaced between that product and The Real Thing. It has new ads out.

Its a success.

popologist
09-19-2006, 02:32 PM
it definitely seems easier to find than it used to. so, that's good.

i was thinking that a good way to get people to try it would be to offer a flavor extension. for example, if instead of releasing vanilla diet coke again, maybe release vanilla coke zero instead. this would attract all of those people who liked vanilla diet coke... at least for a taste.

Mr Zabe
09-19-2006, 03:16 PM
IMO as I have said in a few previous posts;Coca Cola needs to launch a new dynamic (marketing) mother load of mother loads media campaign. Heavy in store tastings,couping and super "clear" adds stating brand differentiation.

CStoreCatMan
09-19-2006, 06:08 PM
I just checked out my Period 8 AC Nielsen report (which would only apply to convenience & gas accounts). It shows Coke Zero at 0.5 share points - up 215% for the full year, BUT down 21.5% over the last month. Its probably doing better in grocery, but not sure what those numbers look like. We'll see how it looks by the end of the year.

[ 09-19-2006, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: CStoreCatMan ]

David J.
09-19-2006, 08:58 PM
The grocery store I just got hired has some more Coke Zero on display.

No where nearly as much as Diet Coke, but quite a bit.

popologist
09-20-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
I just checked out my Period 8 AC Nielsen report (which would only apply to convenience & gas accounts). It shows Coke Zero at 0.5 share points - up 215% for the full year, BUT down 21.5% over the last month. Its probably doing better in grocery, but not sure what those numbers look like. We'll see how it looks by the end of the year. it's probably down for the month because the weather is cooling (sodas always sell best in july & august).

as for its convenience store sales being up 215%... that's amazing! i hope it's doing that much better in supermarkets as well. that's a significant jump. smile.gif

jmyjunk
09-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Seen alot of the New Coke Zero spots on TV. Better than laster year campaign. I like how they are brading it that it taste "like" coke classic. Which IMO it does.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
09-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by jmyjunk:
Seen alot of the New Coke Zero spots on TV. Better than laster year campaign. I like how they are brading it that it taste "like" coke classic. Which IMO it does. I like the new ads too, the new slogan "Enjoy Coke-ness" is cool, specially I like the ta-da-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta at the end of the ad :D

Ads here (http://announce.coca-cola.com/coke_zero-jan06/index.html)

[ 09-20-2006, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

popologist
09-21-2006, 02:01 PM
i hope it cracks the Top Ten this year! smile.gif

sirslash
09-26-2006, 02:38 AM
well my store goes through a case a week approx.. not bad almost better then sprite

popologist
09-26-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by sirslash:
well my store goes through a case a week approx.. not bad almost better then sprite wow! that's really great! smile.gif

popologist
09-26-2006, 11:59 PM
how many are in a case? is that cans or bottles?

fusion
09-27-2006, 12:50 AM
24 20oz, most likely.

popologist
09-27-2006, 01:34 PM
thanks.

i REALLY hope coke zero breaks the top ten this year.

i've acquired such a taste for it now that... with food... i can barely tell that it's sugar-free at all.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
09-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Good to know that Coke Zero is doing great! while in Germany Coke Zero is having a lot of promotion, in the german soccer matches you can see Coca-Cola Zero billboards around the soccer field...

BTW... I recently saw a marketing magazine here in Mexico called InformaBTL, and they made contact with Coca-Cola Mexico headquarters to ask them if Coke Zero would be released soon here in Mexico... unfortunately Coca-Cola Mexico said that they have no plans right now to release Coca-Cola Zero in Mexico...dang :(

[ 09-27-2006, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]