PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to get TaB on|ine?

Thelonious Monkey
10-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Does anyone know the cheapest place to get TaB on|ine? I've found a couple of places to get it, but they are selling it for an average of $1 a can, and that's before shipping! I was hoping there might be an on|ine grocer or warehouse that might sell it at more reasonable prices.

TaB is a bit of a mystery in my neck of the woods. I've been able to purchase it 3 times in my lifetime, with gaps of months or years in between. One day I'll just go to the grocery store and there'll be 5 or 6 cases. Then I've got to avoid eye contact while I clean the place out and tell the 14 year old at the register what the heck TaB is and why I'm buying 6 cases at once. I've also noticed that it is usually very close to its "sell by" date, even though I've drank it months after it "expires" and can't tell any dropoff in quality.

[ 10-23-2005, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Thelonious Monkey ]

Mr Zabe
10-23-2005, 02:32 PM
I have done this a few times.
I have found out when the route man for Coca Cola makes his weekend/weekly stop at my grocery store. I am very fortunate since I live near very large stores, most of the route men make Saturday stops.

Your route man is your Soda Pop G-d. They can work magic for you. The store manager does not know what the route man has on his truck. I have requested things from the route man that eventually get cut into the shelf. Sometimes the route man has what you want like TAB and will get you a few cases or have them for you next week.

Or at least tell you which local stores he stocks TAB. You may need to travel a short distance to get it but that's no big deal.

Now buying what ever you want short of Tampons is nothing to be ashamed of.LOL Who cares what some pimple head thinks of your soda pop choice. Please all is good and fair game when buying what you want and love. OK

Again your route man is your G-d. smile.gif

[ 10-23-2005, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
10-23-2005, 06:37 PM
Except in areas and stores where there is no "route man." Many stores are sold bulk, which means that the people you see in the store are not the ones who are making the deliveries.

But it is always a good idea to try and catch the salesperson or driver in the store and ask them questions.

But also keep in mind that some will be hesitant to tell you to go somewhere else to find something (I personally got ripped by a store manager once, a customer said I told them to go to another store to find something, which actually wasn't true).

But they can usually order some for the next time, if it is authorized in that store. Some stores will keep it in the back until you arrive, some may keep it at the service desk.

Thelonious Monkey
10-23-2005, 10:27 PM
That sounds pretty good, although I rarely catch the Coke guy stocking shelves. Next time I do I'll try and have a word with him.

pepsidew
10-24-2005, 01:47 PM
i'm sure someone here could send you some.

wonkapete
10-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Yep, I can send you all you want at cost. I'm not here to make a profit. Just to help out fellow soda lovers. We have Tab in all our stores.

ramonazo
10-24-2005, 05:04 PM
I remember seeing in Texas a lot of 6 pack of Tab in a Wal-Mart last december, but I don't remember if was in a Wal-Mart from San Antonio or a Wal-Mart from McAllen

[ 10-24-2005, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

golee1
10-24-2005, 07:51 PM
Or you could try calling your local Coca-Cola bottler, and see if they can tell you if they carry it, and where. I can help you out, but give that a try too.

Here, Dr Pepper still sells off the truck. I feel bad for the routeman at my Wal-Mart, building his orders in the parking lot at 4:30 in the morning, often in the rain, and then dragging them inside. He only does bulk drops on Friday.

fusion
10-26-2005, 12:50 AM
The indie Pepsi we go up against in Maryland was doing that for the longest time (along with using 2 10 pallet box trucks), but they recently started delivering a good bit of their bulk loads off of an 18 wheeler.

And to Mr. T. Monkey.. in what part of the country are you located?

Energy G
10-28-2005, 04:21 PM
On the topic of Tab, does anyone have info on Tab Energy which should be coming out next month?