PDA

View Full Version : Red Fusion cancelled?

Mr.Surge
12-09-2002, 11:51 AM
I stopped at a Convenience Store near Henderson Texas on Friday and I saw Red Fusion 2 for $1.00. I grabbed two and headed for the counter. When I commented on the good price, the clerk said, "I can do better" and pointed to a pad of "$.50 cents off Red Fusion" coupons on the freezer case. He told me to grab two of them. In shock I realized I was getting my drinks for free. He went on to elaborate that Red Fusion was selling horribly and that Dr.Pepper now just wanted to get rid of the remaining stock. Is this true?

drpep
12-09-2002, 11:53 AM
The coupons have been around since it came out. Where I work the kids love the stuff.

fusion
12-09-2002, 11:57 AM
It may be doing bad, but I doubt that has anything to do with the price you paid.

DPSU has a history of putting coupons on packages and in those sticky pad things on cooler doors. They did it with DNL, Red Fusion, and so on. they coupon a hell of a lot more than the big two do. Dr Pepperman has talked before about getting 12 packs for really cheap after using the on package coupons. I never pay more than 90 cents or a dollar for a 12 pack of DPSU products. Sale price, $1.99, and there is usually a 50 or 65 cent on pack coupon. I just collect a few from damaged 12 packs in the backroom of the store, and I'm on my way.

The coupons come from DPSU corporate, and are redeemed by them. The 2/$1 sale was probably the local bottlers' promotion. I saw DNL for 2/$1 at a Super Wally a few weeks ago.

But I haven't seen any numbers for Red Fusion, so I really don't know how it is doing. I've seen it in 20oz, 12 pack, 2 liter, and 24 pack. I was hoping the Pepsi bottlers here that have it would come out with 24oz, but no luck.

SURGE
12-10-2002, 05:02 PM
I doubt it is getting killed yet no matter how bad it may be doing. I would like to see those numbers. It doesnt seem to be flying around here but its not a total bomb like Pepsi Blue.

FIZZMAN
12-10-2002, 07:01 PM
Speaking of Pepsi Blue I was talking to a store owner this week and he always does some kind of special for the month. Just so happen his last month was buy a 8in. hot stuff pizza and get a Pepsi Blue 20oz. FREE. He was doing this so he could get rid of the first load Pepsi brought him. Anyway he said that he had many people that wouldn't even take one even though it was FREE. Speaking of poor products does anyone know how the Aquaessentials and Dole smoothies are doing. They seem to be in the same boat with Pepsi Blue around here.

SURGE
12-10-2002, 08:09 PM
Hey there Fizzman, Yeah I have heard similar stories. I don't mind those Aquafina Essentials too much though you arnt gonna see them in my fridge and those Dole smoothies are just rank. Anyho I would venture to say this hasnt been a good year in the Pepsi introductions department. A big departure it seems from their usual deal of introducing and inferior product and people buying it like hot cakes. Maybe the world is smartening up? Nah I'll belive it when I see everybody '"Being Free" and Drinking RC' ;)

fusion
12-10-2002, 09:32 PM
Aquafina Essentials are just plain disgusting. Dole Smoothies, Pepsi Blue, Mr. Green.. what's next?

datruth
12-14-2002, 10:02 PM
Diet Red Fusion in spring

SamC
12-16-2002, 07:33 AM
Red Fusion 2L for 49c in my local Kroger.

Gary C
12-16-2002, 10:37 AM
I like Red Fusion, and buy some every so often. I hope it stays around.

SURGE
12-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Upon later investigation of those Aquafina Essentials I have decided that the one that I don't mind, Strawberry is infact the best one by a long shot. I'm with you fusion but I think you need to ad Sierra Mist to you list.

teamtitan512
05-22-2003, 11:18 PM
I remember back in the days of Herbco controlling products that w/coupons and such Kmart had a deal that 2 liters of Sunkist, Squirt, Welch's, and Canada Dry came out to .19 each. It was one great deal.

I think RC/DPSU does this because in a lot of markets, they are a distant third, and having lower priced products can get their name out there, and then when prices are more on the level of Coke and Pepsi, their products may get chosen more. It all boils down to marketing.

Terry K
05-23-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
I remember back in the days of Herbco controlling products that w/coupons and such Kmart had a deal that 2 liters of Sunkist, Squirt, Welch's, and Canada Dry came out to .19 each. It was one great deal.

I think RC/DPSU does this because in a lot of markets, they are a distant third, and having lower priced products can get their name out there, and then when prices are more on the level of Coke and Pepsi, their products may get chosen more. It all boils down to marketing.Here in Missouri, the coke guy is running 55 cent off of a 20 oz coupons (go to your local Kroger who doubles coupons, and do the math!...they're coming up FREE)

That's a deal!

Of course the local Coke here plugs the heck out of the 20 oz nad 2 litres...plus the 12 pks still have coupons on them!

teamtitan512
05-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Very rarely does Central Coke put any coupons on anything (or PBG).

Shatter
05-24-2003, 01:24 AM
Coke occasionally puts coupons on Fanta 2-liters around here. Usually either buy 2 Fantas get one free. Or buy 2 Coke products get a free Fanta. They were doing that kind of thing when they were re-introducing Fanta here.

SURGE
05-24-2003, 08:55 PM
Coke cupons here are just about non-existant.

teamtitan512
05-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Thing is in the Northeast, Fanta is a distant memory already again. Fanta came around for Central for about a week in Orange, Grape, Strawberry, and Lemon in 2 liters. Fanta Orange and Grape was unveiled in the former Herbco/now CCE areas. CCE then changed to Valencia and Grape Medley MM, and Central went to MM Valencia. CCE Pittsburgh never had Fanta, and I never saw it at CCE Mid-Atlantic. The only place you can even buy Fanta is Consolidated territory on the east coast that I know of, and Philly Coke (but both sell Fanta and MM).

sundrop
05-26-2003, 04:25 PM
consolidated carries fanta in central and western north carolina. we have

20oz
orange, grape, strawberry, pineapple, berry, and peach

2ltr & frige pk
orange, grape, strawberry, and pineapple

teamtitan512
05-26-2003, 07:56 PM
So Consolidated does Pineapple in Fridge Packs? When I was in WV Consolidated territory, all I saw was Orange, Grape, and Strawberry in Fridge Packs and 2 liters, and the same in 20 oz. (no Pineapple, Berry, or Peach there)

fusion
05-26-2003, 09:31 PM
CCE Mid-Atlantic has Orange/Grape in 2 liter/12 pk/20oz. Strawberry in 2 liter/12pk. We used to have Lemon 2 liter, but it died a horrible death. I thought Lemon was the best flavor out of all of them. We've also intermittently had 2 liter pineapple.

Philly was selling Orange/Grape/Strawberry/Pineapple in 4 pack cans, but they've disappeared. Now I see Orange/Grape in fridge pack. All four flavors are still available in 99 cent prepriced 2 liters, though.

I've seen Fanta Berry in the NYC area.. And supposedly the next new flavor is going to be Black Cherry.

ben
03-24-2004, 01:45 AM
i like the taste of dr.pepper red fusion