PDA

View Full Version : USA Pepsi in glass bottles?

halloaaryn
10-23-2005, 06:45 PM
Any chance of this ever happening? I mean I can get the mexican stuff from a few places (if im lucky) but any chance of pepsi releasing glass bottles?

fusion
10-23-2005, 07:32 PM
10oz deli glass bottle Pepsi is widely available in the US.

The last longnecks I personally saw were Pepsi Racing / Dew Crew from CPG Pepsi in Atlanta.. this is going back a few years.

Android
10-24-2005, 12:54 AM
And if you mean returnable glass. Forget it. the only bottler left that has a line is in Memphis, Missouri, and last I heard it was going to be shut down the next time their bottle washer machine broke down. They only bottled for their own captive clients with 10 ounce vending machines - their returnables haven't been for sale to the general public for quite some time now.

I've seen a couple of varieties of the "deli" style bottles, but not in this part of the country.

andy

[ 10-23-2005, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Android ]

fusion
10-24-2005, 09:43 PM
Deli glass is very plentiful in the area around Dyersburg TN. That's the home of an indie Pepsi bottler, and they love deli glass. They also produce a lot of 6 pack cans, for some reason.

Usually I only see Pepsi, Diet and Dew in deli. I do remember seeing Mist in southern VA, though.

BottleBoss
10-25-2005, 05:13 PM
The only Pepsi in glass I see is from Mexico, as has been said many times before. Those large Mexican bottles just barely fit in mi Coke machine though. You have to set the vend shelves all the way down.

fusion
10-26-2005, 01:24 AM
Have you ever looked in a Giant-Landover store? I remember them carrying 10oz deli glass Pepsi.