PDA

View Full Version : PEPSI IZZE Deal

NRGSLLR@
09-22-2006, 12:28 PM
Acting on the assumption that rumors tend to be true in this business, what do you guys think of the deal between Pepsi and IZZE?

fusion
09-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Smart on Pepsi's move - more drinks for them to sell to schools. I could see them merging Izze with Sobe.

juniorjin
10-11-2006, 12:36 AM
drinks that are more upmarket seem to be popping up all over the place lately.
thanks in part to the insane popularity of wild oats and whole foods.

This is a genious part on Pepsi, as they continously gain more space in more upscale markets with this drink.

I just wonder where dole sparklers fits in now...

plasticgirl
10-19-2006, 03:00 PM
Anyone know if Izze's hot filled?

greg
10-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
Smart on Pepsi's move - more drinks for them to sell to schools. I could see them merging Izze with Sobe. I was talking to some Gatorade guys at the Pepsico booth at the NACS and they say that Pepsico is going to do a major downsize of SOBE brands. The line just isn't as hot as it used to be. Perhaps people are catching on that no matter how much you tout your nutraceutical ingredients when you combine them with as much sugar as a regular soda it isn't good for you.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-19-2006, 09:41 PM
[/qb][/QUOTE]I was talking to some Gatorade guys at the Pepsico booth at the NACS and they say that Pepsico is going to do a major downsize of SOBE brands. The line just isn't as hot as it used to be. Perhaps people are catching on that no matter how much you tout your nutraceutical ingredients when you combine them with as much sugar as a regular soda it isn't good for you. [/QB][/QUOTE]

maybe people realize that not everything pepsi touches turns to gold? hmmmmmmmmmmm...

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-19-2006, 09:41 PM
btw, pepsi's gonna bomb on this one.

pepsidew
10-19-2006, 10:06 PM
yeah i dont really get this move - pepsi needs to push more water, tea, and coffee products - thats where they are the shiznet

CStoreCatMan
10-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I think it depends on the overall gameplan. What if its an education only move? It has been a major struggle to find products that meet the strict criteria put into place by school districts across the country. I don't know that Pepsi would even try to get this into the mainstream.

reset man
10-21-2006, 08:08 AM
I've been told we are going to be getting the Izze in our warehouse next week and we're not a Pepsi distributor. We carry primarily Cadbury-Schweppes products. Strange?

plasticgirl
10-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Anyone hear any further strategy on this acquistion? Sounds like Pepsi's primarily interested in getting into the schools.

How is Izze filled and where?

greg
10-24-2006, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
I think it depends on the overall gameplan. What if its an education only move? It has been a major struggle to find products that meet the strict criteria put into place by school districts across the country. I don't know that Pepsi would even try to get this into the mainstream. I believe that it is purely as a source of income that they are losing from having to pull back in the schools. Look for more moves from Coke and Pepsi like this in the near future. The school market took a long time to develop and they have to continue that income stream to add to the bottom line.