PDA

View Full Version : Low Carb Whiskey? Low Carb Jack Daniels?

antenna_ball
11-20-2004, 10:43 AM
Doesn anybody know were the infamous Low Carb Whiskey can be found????/

Robot
11-20-2004, 11:05 AM
arent they all low carb?

i dont know of too many hard liquors with that many carbs per serving.. baileys and those types of things, yes.. but i know the captain morgan i drink is like 2-3 carbs per serving, and the private stock is maybe 5-6 carbs?

i'd imagine whiskey to be around that?

gecko
11-20-2004, 12:35 PM
so youre concerned about eating carbohydrates, the most important food group and nutrutuinal neccessisty, but youre willing to drink alcohol, which kills brain cells and rubberizes your liver.

drink on, i guess.

antenna_ball
11-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Actually I dont drink at all I am not a drinker, this post was originated as humor. It would not suprise me however to see low carb whiskey on the market.

Robot
11-20-2004, 11:18 PM
i dont agree that carbs are nutrtionally necessary.. mankind lived for longer without carbs or large amounts of carbs for longer than it has lived with ingesting carbs.. and we did fine then.

or maybe some people just want to be skinny and drunk? ;)

SamC
11-21-2004, 08:50 AM
Jimmy, you should have paid attention in health class. It is impossible for any animal to live without carbohydrate fuel.

"Mankind" has certainly never live with "carbs". In fact no animal has ever done so.

DietCokeEnthusiast
11-21-2004, 05:12 PM
Carbohydrates are the body's main source of energy...without them the body slowly begins to shut down. Any "low carb" diet is about as healthy as going pro ana.

antenna_ball
11-22-2004, 05:35 AM
The day they came out with LOW Carb Cotton Candy I became convinced that one day everything will turn LOW CARB.

Fruity Pebbles
11-23-2004, 04:23 PM
The fad is already beginning to slide. Has been from what I can see for about 3 months now. The Atkins diet was a useful tool for me to lose some quick weight, although I am certain it was not all that healthy to do so. My workouts became scarce as I lost about 30-40% of my strength. Lost 14 lbs in 2 weeks, though.

Red Bull has a "SugarFree" SKU which I could not, for the life of me, figure was not called "Low Carb" seeing as how the craze was really in a frenzy; it was everywhere you looked! I found out that RB felt that it would be a faze and that people would be able to understand that Sugarfree=low carb anyway but that the appeal of sugarfee has and will be around for a long time.

It appears they were correct.

I really thought this was an intellegent move as it would appear we are seeing less and less of Atkins/South Beach, etc.

Robot
11-23-2004, 05:05 PM
samC, please tell me what major sources of carbs cavemen ate back in the day.

yes they had some carbs, the majority, if not the entirety of their diet, was not carbs however.

boodoo
11-24-2004, 08:07 AM
Rock candy? (Sorry I couldn't help myself).

[ 11-24-2004, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: boodoo ]

gecko
11-24-2004, 07:01 PM
cavemen were not known for their long, healthy lives. in addition a "caveman" could be any of various human species living over millions of years, ... and depending on time and place they most likely ate just about every diet.

still most importantly, you shouldnt look to cavemen for nutrirional advice.

antenna_ball
11-27-2004, 05:30 AM
Oh Lets Go Back To Pre Historic Days Caveman Days??????? What does this have to do with 2004.

Robot
11-27-2004, 06:59 AM
i am just saying, not having carbs wont kill ya if it can propogate a species for thousands and thousands of years.. smile.gif

most of the people in the world do something unhealthy.. smoke, drink, eat too much, not workout.. if someone wants to lose the carbs and look better, until someone steps up that has a body fat of less than 15%, doestn smoke, doesnt drinkn, works out regularly, etc etc to give advice, i dont care to hear what they say usually. i love when someone tells me "oh thats unhealthy to go low carb, i keep my carbs" and then pigs out on way too many carbs than is necessary.. wow, what a trooper.

Vitamin Coke
04-19-2005, 06:01 PM
More nonsense. Carbs have been a part of the human diet since the beginning of human time.

Carbs can be found in fruits and vegetables, too. Cavement probably found carbs in foods similar to apples, oranges and corn.

Oh god! You can not live long without carbs.

Hacksaw
04-20-2005, 09:35 PM
I think calling alcohol Low Carb is not a good idea. Just ask any Diabetic in the know about there being Carbs in alcohol.