PDA

View Full Version : Weird Situation Today

teamtitan512
11-23-2004, 12:15 AM
Today I went on a small road trip to Somerset, PA, and stopped in a Family Dollar. I notice a Dr Pepper sticker on the Coke cooler, wondering why that was there. I opened the cooler to find Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper in extra pojnt bottles, with CCBA caps. Here's what's weird about this:

-PBG Johnstown controls Dr Pepper in these parts, as they do in all of Central Pennsylvania.
-CCBA caps shouldn't be on Coke products, considering everything in this area comes from CCE-Twinsburg.

Weird situation indeed. This peaked my curiosity so I stopped at both Giant Eagles in town, a Sheetz, TurkeyHill, BiLo, and Wal-Mart to find everything looking pretty normal, with Dr Pepper where it always is.

RunWithDaLilGuy
11-23-2004, 07:31 AM
cce is a member of the ccba. but i guess you forgot to check the code on the bottle?

family dollar's get stuff from wholesalers too, not necesarily from coke or pepsi.

JACK
11-24-2004, 10:05 AM
Quite possibly Plano based DPCO cut a deal with Dollar that puts DP/DDP 20oz. in the Coke coolers and CCNA allowed this to keep Pepsi from taking away their core business

teamtitan512
11-25-2004, 01:54 AM
This could be possible, but I've been in a lot of Family Dollars recently checking this, and only this one has the Dr Pepper. None of the others should, and they don't. Some even had Pibb.

Drink
12-07-2004, 11:11 PM
Yes there is some stores/places that have pepsi bottled Dr Pepper with Coca-Cola