PDA

View Full Version : Slice One

fizzbizz
10-29-2005, 08:32 AM
heard Pepsi plans to introduce Slice One next year. Splenda product in orange, berry and grape. Only selling to wal mart. targeted at diet rite.

pepsidew
10-29-2005, 09:56 AM
haven't heard this, but it would fit in at walmart. they always do something different every year at walmart but its usually just different packages.

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-29-2005, 09:16 PM
It's so weird how Coke and Pepsi have created the euphamisms "zero" and "one" for diet.

SEV :rolleyes:

pepsidew
10-29-2005, 09:19 PM
yeah i agree, its kind of stupid - i wish pepsi wouldnt have renamed diet sierra mist -

Chad.
10-29-2005, 11:53 PM
seems kind of odd after killing the slice brand

mjb1124
10-30-2005, 01:43 AM
Well, I can tell you that in Hungary, the Slice name is used for Pepsi's diet fruit soda line.

Mr Zabe
10-30-2005, 03:45 AM
IMO....I hope that is not so, Pepsi will have made a big Boo Boo (LOL Halloween Pun). Why not really rock the low cal/diet soda pop catagory and innovation a soft drink with approxamitely 3 to 4 percent juice and a small amount of aspartame. The new formula could me marketed as a low carb ND soft drink (Nearly Diet). For those who are watching their carbs and calories yet want a more fruit like taste.

What do you guys and gals think?

[ 10-30-2005, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

pepsidew
10-30-2005, 10:25 AM
they could release it after xmas, since alot of people try to lose weight for their new years resolution. i'd love to see them bring back Slice around here (we used to have orange & diet orange) it sold alot better then that tropicana twister is selling. tastes better too (in my opinon)

Mr Zabe
10-30-2005, 10:35 AM
LOL,
I used to like Orange and Lemon Lime slice(sugar and diet) but the thought of Splenda being the sweetner does not make me happy. Give me the original Slice.....
PLEASE!!!!!

[ 10-30-2005, 10:37 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
10-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Do you like Tropicana Twister at all, pepsidew?

SEV :confused:

[ 10-30-2005, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: SnappleElementsVenom ]

XLS_04
10-31-2005, 02:17 AM
This is being marketed for Wal-Mart??? Wal-Mart does not even sell as many flavors of Pepsi and Coke as a super market does.

Mr Zabe
10-31-2005, 03:48 AM
You raise a good point.

Just a far out guess,maybe Pepsi wants to do a test market with a mass merchandiser. Pepsi might have done research regarding the soda sales of Wal-mart customers. Taking advantage of Wal-marts ability to distribute products in a very efficient way, perhaps Pepsi has an agreement to use Wal-marts distribution system to drop ship Slice as a test. This way Pepsi could run all of the Slice production at one plant making for a uniform and efficient test. Then the local Pepsi stocking crews/route sales people could stock the drop shiped Slice products.

Then as the test continues, Pepsi can evaluate the sales data and then form a market plan for roll outs for regional markets.

What does Wal-mart get out this deal? They get the opportunity have a short term hold of a soda pop product that has previous appeal to their soda pop customers; which could increase their sales for the entire soda pop catagory.

[ 10-31-2005, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

the saint
10-31-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:

SEV :confused: All 4 are dead dogs. Here we have to put 25-50 cent off stickers on one dollar 2 liters just to sell them before they go out of date. The 12 packs get a dollar off coupon.
I continuously have people asking where the diet orange Slice is, and how they always bought so much ,blah blah blah, how they JUST bought some last week at so-and-so's, blah blah blah.
No I do not like the twisters and although I cannot speak for "pepsidew" I am willing to bet they see eye to eye with myself on the twisters.

pepsidew
02-22-2006, 09:23 AM
i saw a print out at work about slice one & pepsi one at walmart - so i think it may be coming soon to all walmarts - i know there is another thread about this somewhere - havent some of you guys seen it already

jstylzz
02-24-2006, 06:57 PM
The Slice One products are here at my local Wal-Mart. I was intrigued, because there aren't many diet grape sodas on the market. I took home a 2-liter, and it wasn't half bad. It has the normal diet drink aftertaste, but all in all it was pretty good.

One word of warning: as I filled up my glass, the overspraying fizz (just the bubbles, I didn't spill the liquid over the top) came down on the tray that I had it on, and dyed it a light blue! I got some on my hand, and it dyed a little as well. It came right off of my hand, but not the tray. Watch out!

pepsidew
02-25-2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by SnappleElementsVenom:

SEV :confused: i don't like drinking them and i also don't like that they replaced Slice which i really liked smile.gif and i dont like any products that pepsi hangs on to when they dont sell at all. i'm hard on my employer i guess smile.gif

i orange & diet orange to "ok" but grape and strawberry dont sell at all - its hard to get rid of it before it gets old

Mr Zabe
02-25-2006, 09:55 AM
I'm a little concerned about the deep staining. I do not have children but I know they spill stuff all the time. Maybe adult sippy cups might be good marketing promotion. LOL Really is there any grape juice in Grape Slice One?

killjimmy
03-06-2006, 01:33 AM
I have had the orange Slice One and it is a pretty decent diet version of slice in my opinion.

XLS_04
03-06-2006, 11:35 PM
isnt this stuff just regular diet slice with a new name? like sprite zero is really diet sprite.

anyways it is still not sold in R.I. yet.

Mr Zabe
03-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Not from what I have heard from fellow board mates. The new formulation of Diet Slice is sweetened with Splenda.

killjimmy
03-06-2006, 11:43 PM
It is with splenda, I just looked at the can to make sure.

jstylzz
03-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Confirm the Splenda as well. The berry flavor is not half bad, and with some elbow grease, we were able to remove the blue stains from the grape overspray. Like most diet drinks, chilled over ice is the only acceptable way to consume it, IMO.

sirslash
03-08-2006, 04:30 AM
we stopped selling trop twister at my store after the first case we got of all 3 flavors never sold ...sure a few but that wasnt enough
Slice actually sold well...pepsi really screwed up here...especially since it was one of the feew pepsi flavors i actually liked

Mr Zabe
03-08-2006, 04:49 AM
I agree. The original line up of Slice and Diet Slice were good and seemed to do well in my neck of the woods. Too bad the new diet slice is sweetened with Splenda. :(

jblaviback
03-08-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah, Splenda is gross stuff.

Mr Zabe
03-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Double Ditto!!!

Dewman1979
03-11-2006, 04:24 PM
slice one is great

popologist
03-11-2006, 06:08 PM
when coke was planning to introduce coke zero, walmart made coke invent "diet coke with splenda" because they wanted a splenda version.

well, we see what happened. coke zero is selling well, and diet coke with splenda really isn't.

walmart should let the soda companies run their own businesses.

Dewman1979
03-11-2006, 06:41 PM
I hope I can find slice one in non super walmarts.

mjb1124
03-11-2006, 08:25 PM
I see we have a lot of Splenda haters around these parts. I think the issue with Splenda is that the soda makers haven't quite figured out the right amount to use - it seems that a lot of Splenda-sweetened sodas are either too sweet or not sweet enough. (Slice One falls into the latter category - more on that below.) Still, I think that Splenda works well in fruit-flavored sodas/drinks - just not in colas. Having tasted Diet Rite, Pepsi One, Diet Coke w/ Splenda, and Diet Big Gulp Cola, I have to conclude that if you've had one Splenda cola, you've had them all.

That said, I tried both the berry and orange flavors of Slice One. (I held off on getting the grape, as I didn't want to have too much to carry, and I'm generally not that big a fan of grape sodas.) The berry was quite yummy IMO. The orange isn't anything spectacular, but it's still a pretty good diet orange soda with minimal aftertaste. Again, I think that both could stand to be a bit sweeter, but overall, I think these are solid efforts.

billygtexas
03-13-2006, 05:27 AM
Just tried two 2 liters of Slice One Orange and Grape, bought at Wal-Mart. Diet Grape sodas so are few and far between here so it was worth a shot.

The grape had a strange BLUE color when I poured it on ice. It was bland and a little bitter, but it was better than watered-down Diet Rite white grape.

The orange was the same way. Tasted pretty much like Diet Slice Orange. I still prefer Tropicana Twister Diet Orange which is the BEST tasting diet orange soda out there.

It's strange Kool-Aid using Equal or Spenda can taste better than most non-cola diet sodas (but it doesnt fizz!).

[ 03-13-2006, 05:34 AM: Message edited by: billygtexas ]

Mr Zabe
03-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Good to hear you review. I take it you were drinking diet Slice grape and orange?

I tried drinking Kool-Aid sweetened with Nutra Sweet and Sweet N Low a few years ago. IMO...Kool-Aid was only meant to be made and drunken with pure cane sugar. Sugar Kool-Aid is IMO one of those magical primer kid drinks that gets most kids trained for the big leagues, soda pop. I have so many found memories of drinking cherry or grape Kool-Aid, getting a sugar buzz and riding my 3 speed (banana seat) bike for hours it seemed. LOL

[ 03-13-2006, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-13-2006, 04:11 PM
now when i was a kid, i would mix way too much sugar, with a can of RC that i would steal from my mother, and for some reason i would add a packet of grape coolaid... i mixed all that in a pitcher and it came out a odd tasting hypermixture, lol...

Mr Zabe
03-13-2006, 04:36 PM
YEIKS!!!!!
Maybe drinking that hypermixture damaged your taste buds. LMAO You stold RC and I stold my Mom's TAB and Merit cigarettes. LOL

mjb1124
03-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by billygtexas:
The grape had a strange BLUE color when I poured it on ice.Hmm...I noticed that Tropicana Twister Grape is a litle blueish in color as well.

jstylzz
03-14-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by mikibacsi1124:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by billygtexas:
The grape had a strange BLUE color when I poured it on ice.Hmm...I noticed that Tropicana Twister Grape is a litle blueish in color as well. </font>[/QUOTE]Hope you didn't spill it! My earlier post in this thread lamented the fizzy overspray that stained my t.v. tray that same color blue (looked like overspray from a can of spray paint). Some serious elbow grease from my wife finally got it off!