PDA

View Full Version : Cheerwine?

DakotaDave
10-03-2006, 03:14 PM
I have seen this all over this forum; what is it, and what does it taste like?

Rob The SURGE Drinker
10-03-2006, 05:10 PM
it is a very good (when cold) cherry soda made by the carolina beverage company, and distributed by a handful of other bottlers. it tastes way different, and better, than any other cherry soda i have ever had. i make regular trips 45 miles north just to get my fix. the website (http://www.cheerwine.com) has a approximate map of distrobution area, although i can get it at places not on this map, also. if its not available near you, it is available for purchase on numberous sites, as well as ebay.

[ 10-03-2006, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Rob The SURGE Drinker ]

DakotaDave
10-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Wow; I just got on the Cheerwine website and a 24 pack of cans direct from the site is $12.00!

bigrich
10-03-2006, 08:04 PM
DakotaDave, in Iowa Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Davenport sells Cheerwine. If you get over that way pick up some

iowacity
10-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by bigrich:
DakotaDave, in Iowa Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company of Davenport sells Cheerwine. If you get over that way pick up some :eek:

No kidding? Any specific stores over there that carry it? I might be heading East next week!

wonkapete
10-05-2006, 12:21 PM
We just now started getting Cheerwine in our area. If anyone wants any, I'll sell it to you at cost or trade for sodas in your area.

bigrich
10-05-2006, 12:49 PM
I know most of the Hy-Vee stores there carry it both in regular and diet in 12 pack cans. You can find it in 20 ounce almost everywhere including most C-stores.

iowacity
10-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by bigrich:
I know most of the Hy-Vee stores there carry it both in regular and diet in 12 pack cans. You can find it in 20 ounce almost everywhere including most C-stores. That's great to know. I'll check it out next time I'm over that way. Thanks for the info.

bigrich
10-06-2006, 09:25 AM
I like Cheerwine alot but has anyone else noticed that you have to drink it down pretty quickly after opening it as it goes flat. It has plenty of carbonation when it is opened, but sit a can down for 15-20 min. and you can notice the difference.

iowacity
10-06-2006, 10:21 AM
I find DrPepper to be the same way.

doug1885
10-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Down in North Carolina, they have Cheerwine in glass bottles, with real sugar. I recently tried some I found at a BBQ there. Even more tasty than the usual kind! Beveragesdirect.com appears to carry it.

-Doug

Rob The SURGE Drinker
10-10-2006, 01:36 AM
i have ordered some off of beverages direct once, good stuff. the cane sugar and glass really changes the taste of the product for the better.

upinarms
10-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Its only the best beverage around. smile.gif

To be its like a Cherry Dr Pepper, just smoother and without the bite.

Its worth ordering. Or like I do, bring a ton back when you visit the area.

[ 10-11-2006, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: upinarms ]

Acheron
10-26-2006, 10:47 PM
I got some Cheerwine about two months ago at a HyVee in Mt. Pleasant, IA on a trip back from St. Louis. I assume it's from the plant in Davenport.

Great, great stuff. I plan on driving the hour and a half back to get some more at some point.

jerr2429
10-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Where is the closest to nj that you can get cheerwine. I love it and i know its sometimes sold in areas not shown on the cheerwine website. anywhere in pa or de? when i go to nc every year i buy like 15 twelve packs

Cheer-wined
10-26-2006, 11:10 PM
About 2 years ago I saw Cheerwine 6-packs at the Shady Maple farm market (restaurant/store) in East Earl PA. I believe the same distributor had Hires & Crush there, don't know who it was.

fusion
10-27-2006, 12:05 AM
That is/was Superior Beverages in Phoenixville PA. I lost touch with the guy who I knew that worked there - I'm not even sure if they are still in business.

Otherwise, the closest I know of would be northwestern PA, or northeastern VA.

jdavidb
10-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by upinarms:
To be its like a Cherry Dr Pepper, just smoother and without the bite.Does anyone else agree with this assessment? Since I mainly drink sodas for caffeine I wasn't much interested until hearing this. If it's really anything like DP, is it anything like Red Fusion?

The BigTymer
10-28-2006, 09:47 PM
Picked up some in the Mobile area today (Grand Bay).

Big ups to the peeps at 7up Southeast and Greer's Food Tiger in Grand Bay for helping a brother out with providing more than normal so I could stock up. Good prices too, only $2.99/12 pk.

Picked up a 20 oz. Dr. Wham as well, because I was thirsty from lifting all that Cheerwine.

Also, Mobile has the best radio station ever. "106.5 the Pirate... arrrr!!!!"

MDCoke
10-28-2006, 11:32 PM
In Virginia you can get the glass bottled cane sugar Cheerwine at the Getty gas station on Route 15 between Lucketts and the Maryland line. I stop there often to purchase one.

iluvsurge220
10-29-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by jdavidb:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by upinarms:
To be its like a Cherry Dr Pepper, just smoother and without the bite.Does anyone else agree with this assessment? Since I mainly drink sodas for caffeine I wasn't much interested until hearing this. If it's really anything like DP, is it anything like Red Fusion? </font>[/QUOTE]I agree that it tastes like Dr.Pepper with more cherry flavor, but I'm not sure about its similarities with Red Fusion because it has been quite sometime since I have had a Red Fusion. They sell cheerwine around here at quite a few places. I know it is in most every C-Store and I think you can buy it in 12-packs at Kroger and Wal-Mart. Personally, I don't care for Cheerwine too much but I don't like regular Dr. Pepper either. It's not bad though.