PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi 12oz bottle multi pack

Mr Zabe
10-08-2006, 03:39 PM
My Dad,who thinks my devoted interest in soda pop is insane,picked up an 8pk? of Pepsi 12oz bottles in a plastic multi pack holder. (Not plastic wrapped.)

I was not aware of Pepsi 12oz bottles and the plastic multi pack holder. The bottles were very cool looking.

Do you have them in your markets and are they selling?

[ 10-08-2006, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

fusion
10-08-2006, 05:28 PM
They are generally sold in fridge boxes, just like Coke does with their 8 packs.

But in some areas, different bottlers do different things. For example, Philadelphia Coke belly bands their 8 packs, since their bottle facility can't handle boxes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/garya/phlcoke8pk.jpg

Pepsi also used to sell belly banded 8 packs of 20oz bottles in Michigan, and Coke sold 8 packs of 16.9oz belly banded bottles in Maryland. We also had hi-cones to repair them when the bands were damaged.

pepsipimp
10-08-2006, 08:04 PM
We have the 12oz 12packs shrink wrapped of Pepsi, Dt. Pepsi, Mist, Dr. Pepper, Mtn. Dew, and Dt. Dew and they sell great at $3.98 only in Wal-Mart here...

No Soda
10-09-2006, 12:25 AM
In Connecticut, we've got 12-packs of 12-oz bottles of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, C/F Diet, Mtn Dew and Sierra Mist, but only at Wal-Mart. About a year ago, some fridge packs of these bottles showed up at Shaw's and Target, but since they were so overpriced compared to the cans, they didn't sell. Wal-Mart I think charges $3.49 for a 12-pack of the bottles, which isn't too bad. I like that they can be resealed.

Mr Zabe
10-09-2006, 01:12 AM
These bottles would be cool for entertaining at parties and family gatherings. I also like the idea of the screw cap. If your walking around socializing it sure beats an open can. LOL...I always finish 12oz cans so re-storage is not an issue. :D

[ 10-09-2006, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

No Soda
10-11-2006, 09:14 PM
I was in the hospital for major sugery recently, so I snuck in two of the 12-oz Pepsis in my bag of personal stuff. The hospital only had 4-oz cups of foul tasting iced tea, or White Rock ginger ale on the menus (though there was a Pepsi machine on the floor.) So, once the doctors OK'd eating and drinking-and I specifically asked about soda--it was very nice to have a fresh bottle of Pepsi at the bedside. I couldn't drink a whole one at once, so the screw cap feature was much appreciated, as I could stash an open bottle in the night table drawer. I can't tell you how good that first sip, even on ice, tasted :D . Later, as I recovered, and was encouraged to walk, I did make a few trips to the Pepsi machine, after my stash ran out.

Mr Zabe
10-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Now that's just what loyal soda freak does. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Very cool story. It's amazing how damn good the first sip of cold Pepsi tastes. I felt the same way a few years ago. I had not had Pepsi for about 2 weeks. :(

No Soda
10-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Thanks for your reply, Mr Zabe...it's good to be home and checking out Bevnet again...

Interesting that all it takes to get us soda freaks excited is a new or different sized package of the same great product ;) !

rackitup
10-12-2006, 12:13 AM
I saw the 12 oz 12 pack @ WallMart in Vegas today.

In Oregon we have had the 24 oz. 6 pack with a plastic banding around them, and we used high cones 2 repack them OFTEN.

We had Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mtn Dew, Slice, and Dr. Pepper, I think after I left Pepsi 4 years ago they might have come out with Diet Defaff Pepsi.
BTW I am a little Old Fashoned in that I call a Glass container a Bottle, and I find it hard 2 call a Plastic Container a Bottle.

Mr Zabe
10-12-2006, 12:32 AM
My local Jewel (Super Value) has the 12oz btls 8pk on sale
starting tomorrow for 3 for $8.

I still would rather buy cans as they seem to keep cold better and the carbonation seems to be stronger.

[ 10-11-2006, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]