PDA

View Full Version : MyCokeRewards

fusion
02-25-2006, 11:10 PM
Coke is going to be starting up the site on 2/27, with three different promotions.

We are already getting in products with two of them - Classic with a small band around the top announcing the promotion (a tie-in with the Final Four), and red caps with codes under them.

The second one is a little more interesting - shiny metallic-like labels for Diet Coke, with an Oscar tie-in.

The third involves a tie-in with the FIFA World Cup and the Mexican National team. No idea what brand(s) is/are going to be involved with this promotion.

http://mcr.us.icoke.com/index.jsp

The labels on the Diet Coke 20oz are really a departure from their standard labels.

ramonazo
02-26-2006, 01:03 AM
Wow Fusion! Thanks for this update!

Trips to the FIFA Soccer World Cup in Germany, Oscar prizes, NCAA Final Four Entrances Free, that seems it will be a kicka promotion!

One question, do you know if Coca-Cola USA is going to change their website now that their released the new campaign?

ramonazo
02-26-2006, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by fusion:
The second one is a little more interesting - shiny metallic-like labels for Diet Coke, with an Oscar tie-in.Here in Mexico, the labels of Coca-Cola Light have been shiny metallic since 2003... :D

The third involves a tie-in with the FIFA World Cup and the Mexican National team. No idea what brand(s) is/are going to be involved with this promotion.I'm so sure it will be Coca-Cola Classic, Coca-Cola recently launched promotions and campaigns in the latin regions in U.S., supporting the Mexican Soccer Team, for example they released a 8 oz. full-wrapped conmemorative bottle with the Mexican Soccer Team... and Mexico is not the exception, here Coca-Cola released a promotion of ten glasses with the shirts of the Mexican Soccer Team printed on them.

SURGE
02-27-2006, 03:15 AM
I got a chance to see one of those DC bottles a couple days back- really nice. Hopefully we see other brands added at a later date.

ramonazo
02-28-2006, 06:42 PM
My complete admiration for mycokerewards.com (http://www.mycokerewards.com) , I just saw the site, and there's a lot of great and accessible prizes! electronic devices, magazine subscriptions, and the most important of all: original Coca-Cola stuff! and even you can get a 2 liter Coke there!, it's completely amazing. While here in Mexico, Konec-T (http://www.coca-cola.com.mx) is really disappointing me, the prizes aren't accessible, there isn't any Coke stuff available, and the tickets are for concerts and events only in Mexico City or Guadalajara or Monterrey and travel expenses are not included. In December I collected 15,000 points and I ordered a CD of a tejano group called "Intocable", and I haven't received it yet... :(

[ 02-28-2006, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

fusion
02-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Coca-Cola Cherry and Coca-Cola Zero are now sporting the red caps and MCR labels.

ramonazo
02-28-2006, 11:49 PM
The weird thing is that Rafa Marquez appears in the banner of the Mexican soccer team... and he's with Pepsi...

ramonazo
02-28-2006, 11:52 PM
OMG! Even you can win a free dozen of 12-pack Coke! That is like heaven!! :eek:

But of course, you'll need an eternity to collect 615 points...

HERE (http://mcr.us.icoke.com/getRewardDetail.do?category=KM&rewardId=2178)

[ 02-28-2006, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

jblaviback
03-01-2006, 02:55 PM
How many points is one code worth. Do the values vary?

ramonazo
03-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by jblaviback:
How many points is one code worth. Do the values vary? Here are the values according to the rules:

12 Pack Fridge Pack: 10 points
20 oz. bottle: 3 points
2 liter bottle: 3 points
1 liter bottle: 3 points
1.5 liter bottle: 3 points
3 liter bottle: 3 points

CCE Girlie
03-04-2006, 02:02 AM
Wow, I think I might be interested in this!

silentmiller
04-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Can't get the "Big Prizes"
The promotion began on February 27th of this year and the last day to enter the codes is December 31, 2006. Meaning the contest runs for 308 days.
There is a limit of ten caps redeemed per day, which gives a maximum of 30 points per day. Over 308 days that would total 9,240 points. Many of the top prizes are only attainable with 28,000 points, nearly two thirds more than is possible to achieve.

There is mention that 12 packs will have a code that is worth 10 points, but that is not available yet(at least in our area). The contest rules stipulate that you cannot combine points with others under one account etc...So, essentially as far as I can tell, they have no intention of ever having one of their top prizes claimed.

This seems to be a blatant exploitation of contest rules by a major corporation that would easily be able to turn aside one individual with countless corporate lawyers. I am not so interested in the legal aspect of it, but it angers me that a major company such as Coca-Cola that is financially fit, would try to dupe the Americana public in such a manner.

jblaviback
04-04-2006, 07:51 PM
silentmiller- That is funny you say that because I was just thinking the same thing last night.

As far as the 12 packs go they do not have codes around here yet either so it is sort of cheap. Either way even if you entered 10 12 pack codes a day for every day of the promotion you would have 30,080 which is just a couple more thousand than the most expensive prize. So it is sort of cheap to have those big prizes listed.

On the other they have pretty good prizes that are attainable for just 30 points you can get a free 12 pack.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Man, you should see Konec-T Coca-Cola... the cap worths 100 points but to win the prizes you need around 45,000 or 50,000 points to win it, or they're given through auctions... and it's impossible to reach the number of points required... At least you can change your points for Coke products discounts, in Konec-T most of the prizes are tickets for concerts or sport events, but only in Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey, travel expenses are not included so if you win the ticket and you're from the rest of Mexico (like me) you have to pay your trip and you have to pay the hotel... and at least you can find the codes for points in all the Coke products, in all the sizes, but here in the Konec-T promotion, codes are only available in the 600 ml size of regular Coke... :(

www.coca-cola.com.mx (http://www.coca-cola.com.mx)

[ 04-04-2006, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

AzRocks
04-04-2006, 08:14 PM
its great being in a skool where i could just go around and collect leftover red caps. i already have over 60 points

drpep
04-04-2006, 09:50 PM
School :rolleyes:

Etoile
04-05-2006, 11:54 PM
Thanks to my dad and sister-in-law I have got about 180 now. I am primarily a DC Splenda drinker and that seems to be the only version that isn't participating in MCR. (I don't think BCVC is in there either.)

The site seems to have some flaws, though. Its cookies don't get set properly so you can't ever save your login; the page jumps around after you click submit to enter your code; you can't tab between the three fields of the code entry...definitely a lot wrong with the MCR site.

And I definitely agree that it's ridiculous for them to offer the big ticket items when they are mathematically impossible to get. Maybe we should write to them and point that out...

[ 04-05-2006, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Etoile ]

The BigTymer
04-13-2006, 06:44 PM
According to an e-mail I got, the non-20-oz. codes will be available starting May 1. And don't worry, DC w/ Splenda will have codes.

Speaking of which, if anyone doesn't plan to use codes, I could use them (http://www.thebigtymer.com/contact/). Thanks!

fusion
04-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Our 12 packs of Diet Cherry Coke and Cherry Coke are now coming with codes inside.

AzRocks
04-21-2006, 05:03 PM
i got my coupon for a free 12 pack of coke!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by AzRocks:
i got my coupon for a free 12 pack of coke! Awesome! This is a REAL promotion! smile.gif

While Konec-T (http://www.coca-cola.com.mx) is disappointing me even more :( ... Konec-T didn't offered free passes for yesterday's "Rockola Coca-Cola" concert here in Ags., just for the next "Rockola Coca-Cola" concerts in Leon and Morelia... why those cities and not us?... easy... they're Coca-Cola FEMSA (http://www.coca-colafemsa.com) territories (Coke's anchor bottle in Mexico)... while we are in CONTAL (http://www.contal.com) territory... it's sad... :(

[ 04-21-2006, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

AzRocks
04-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Ramón Cokeaholic:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AzRocks:
i got my coupon for a free 12 pack of coke! Awesome! This is a REAL promotion! smile.gif

While Konec-T (http://www.coca-cola.com.mx) is disappointing me even more :( ... Konec-T didn't offered free passes for yesterday's "Rockola Coca-Cola" concert here in Ags., just for the next "Rockola Coca-Cola" concerts in Leon and Morelia... why those cities and not us?... easy... they're Coca-Cola FEMSA (http://www.coca-colafemsa.com) territories (Coke's anchor bottle in Mexico)... while we are in CONTAL (http://www.contal.com) territory... it's sad... :( </font>[/QUOTE]Yep its real! i got it after like a week even though it sed to expect to wait 8-10 weeks!!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-24-2006, 01:08 AM
Great! MyCokeRewards is awesome! :D

Etoile
04-25-2006, 09:55 PM
I just got an e-mail thanking me for being an early participant in My Coke Rewards and they gave me 5 bonus points! Anybody else get this?

The BigTymer
04-26-2006, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Etoile:
I just got an e-mail thanking me for being an early participant in My Coke Rewards and they gave me 5 bonus points! Anybody else get this? I didn't get the e-mail, but I got the 5 extra points.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-26-2006, 12:50 AM
Superb!

jblaviback
04-26-2006, 12:59 AM
Does anyone know if they restock the prizes? because I selected one the other day and it said, "sorry we can't prosses your order we are all out of that prize"

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-29-2006, 02:34 AM
Finally Konec-T is making something good!

http://www.coca-cola.com.mx/images/premios/viaje_mundial_gde.jpg

Konec-T is giving participation codes for 450 points in order to have the chance of winning 1 of the 3 trips the the FIFA Soccer World Cup in Germany...

I already have 25 codes, plus with the 3 codes I've received in the Powerade promotion, 27 in total :D

I'll cross my fingers! :D

[ 04-29-2006, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-29-2006, 03:12 AM
i hope you win, MrR! then you would be able to sample some german sodas, too!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-29-2006, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
i hope you win, MrR! then you would be able to sample some german sodas, too! Oh yeah! :D Thanx!

The BigTymer
05-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Argh, they took off the free 12-pack coupons!

That sucks. That's what I wanted; the "free year of Coke".

I hope they bring it back.

01GTB
05-08-2006, 04:37 PM
I signed up for this, even though I don't drink that much Coca-Cola. I got the five bonus points for joining, but it will not accept my very first code entry, a code from a 12-pack of Coke Cherry.

The BigTymer
05-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Better hurry, they got free 2-liter coupons up now!

Hopefully, they bring back the free 12-pack ones.

Etoile
05-25-2006, 01:04 AM
I will have to spend part of my points on my dad and my sister-in-law, since they are giving me most of my codes! Maybe a free 2-Liter each? ;)

Mana211
05-25-2006, 11:05 AM
I just read the rules and they want you to save the physical points for at least 90 days in case they want to verify any of them.

I also did the math to get a 40" LCD TV you'd have to open roughly 7 12packs a day between now and December. Then stack up the 2000+ pieces of cardboard to prove to them that you have valid points.

Mana211
05-25-2006, 11:50 AM
I figure I won't be able to break 1000 points without getting codes from other sources so the 20,000 point LCD TV isn't reachable for me.

I might get a 500-900 point item if I save all my points or I might get 12 packs if they put them up again.

I don't use 2 Liters as I drink 3 to 4 styles of Coke in a day. Anything larger than a 12 ounce leaves me with flat soda to pour out. I already have a coupon for 5 free two liters from the Olympics giveaway that I'm not going to use. I'll give that to a friend of the family that does use two liters.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
05-26-2006, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Ramón Cokeaholic:
Konec-T is giving participation codes for 450 points in order to have the chance of winning 1 of the 3 trips the the FIFA Soccer World Cup in Germany...

I'll cross my fingers! :D I missed the trip to the soccer world cup :(

http://www.coca-cola.com.mx/images/premios/sorteo_ford_fiesta_gde.jpg

but now I go for the Ford Fiesta! :D

[ 05-26-2006, 01:51 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Coke
05-31-2006, 05:35 AM
Hi guys, I have a grate news for you. Mycokerewards is going to start a promotion in which we can win 50,000 mycokerewards points. Great!!!. Imagine what we can purchase through this points.

Etoile
05-31-2006, 10:33 AM
I wonder what we will have to do for the contest...

I finally found a 12-pack of Diet Coke with Splenda that had a code on it. I bought two of them!

fusion
06-07-2006, 12:43 AM
Latest MyCokeRewards 2 liter label features FIFA, and promotes the Spanish version of the website.

www.mispremioscocacola.com (http://www.mispremioscocacola.com)

The image of the trophy appears on the bottle as well.

Look In The Tunk
06-07-2006, 12:48 AM
All the good prizes are selling out quick. I missed out on a $100 egift certicate to sephora.com.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
06-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Latest MyCokeRewards 2 liter label features FIFA, and promotes the Spanish version of the website.

www.mispremioscocacola.com (http://www.mispremioscocacola.com)

The image of the trophy appears on the bottle as well. Cool! it was since 1994 that Coca-Cola haven't released a conmemorative label of the FIFA World Cup in U.S.

[ 06-13-2006, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Cokeaholic ]

Etoile
06-13-2006, 10:11 AM
I'm extremely disappointed. I JUST got an e-mail saying that inventory was "running low" on a bunch of the things on my wishlist. So I went to go redeem them...and they're already out of ALL of the things I wanted. I filled out the Contact Us form to let them know how disappointed I was, and I suggested that they should give more warning. :(

Contestking
06-13-2006, 01:08 PM
As fas as the Mycokerewards unreachable point totals, I contacted coke and got this reply:
Thank you for contacting MyCokeRewards.com. We appreciate you taking the time
to contact us regarding this issue.

Thank your for your participation in the My Coke Rewards program and for sharing
your concerns around achieving specific points values. Please be assured that
future aspects of this program will allow for your participation in various
points acceleration opportunities. To ensure you do receive such notifications,
please check 'Yes' for receiving information on special offers, sweepstakes, new
products and other information from My Coke Rewards in the 'My Communications
Preferences' section of the 'My Account' page.

If you have any other questions, feel free to use the "Contact Us"
link on the MyCokeRewards.com help page.

Sincerely,

Ryan
The Coca-Cola Company
Industry and Consumer Affairs

Now, even if they did double points for the rest of the year it would be almost impossible to get items such as the American idol Sofa at 56000 points...I suggest to everyone concerned to contact the Attorney gererals of their states and express your concerns before we all find out there are only one of each item and we all get stuck with 1000's of points we can't use!

drwatson
06-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Contestking:

Now, even if they did double points for the rest of the year it would be almost impossible to get items such as the American idol Sofa at 56000 points...I suggest to everyone concerned to contact the Attorney gererals of their states and express your concerns before we all find out there are only one of each item and we all get stuck with 1000's of points we can't use! They are holding contests now where you can win 50,000 points, thus making the unreachable items reachable.

Also, if you guys are collecting points, this guy is posting Free MyCokeRewards codes (http://asdfhj.com/free-mycokerewards-points/49) every other day or so. First come, first serve, I guess.

Etoile
06-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Oh boy, that poor guy is going to get spammed with beggars from now till the contest ends! I'll stick to collecting them from my family members. Thank goodness we're all Coke-drinkers!

Contestking
06-18-2006, 02:07 PM
RE: 50000 contest. OK, they're giving 6 people the points. Not a lot of opportunities for the average person to get bigger prizes. Most of the big prizes are running low due to the $10000 in Rewards contest. I believe the points are geared for the lower tiered prizes under 5000 points, with most point totals across the country equal, Coke won't have 5000 trips or entertainment centers to give away in December.

The BigTymer
06-21-2006, 10:05 PM
With all the crap prizes they're pushing now, I never believed you could make money off these on eBay. But I am (http://cgi.ebay.com/MYCOKEREWARDS-50-CAPS-15-12-PACK-CODES-300-POINTS_W0QQitemZ9532960287QQihZ007QQcategoryZ10255 4QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) .

01GTB
06-22-2006, 12:59 AM
That's what I should have done with the ones I entered. I see nothing that I want that I will ever have enough points for. My only problem with selling them is I have had 2 of 8 fridgepack codes that would not work when entered.

Etoile
06-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I've had some bad codes, too. Not sure what causes that kind of thing.

As for selling them on eBay, I'd be worried about Section E.4 of the official rules, which says you can't sell the codes. Up to you though!

Contestking
06-22-2006, 09:29 PM
I've seen one guy on Ebay sell 1000 caps at a time every couple days and get around $225-250 for them. I wonder where he is getting 1000's of caps a week at...

fusion
06-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Either somewhere like an airport or venue that sells a lot of 20oz.. or he's stealing them from the bottling plant or the company that makes the caps, those would be my guesses.

jblaviback
06-22-2006, 11:05 PM
I actually e-mailed one of the guy's selling tons of caps and asked. He said he is a technician at a recycling plant and he just walks into the yard and there are piles of the bottles. So he just takes the caps off.

drpep
06-23-2006, 10:15 PM
I work in a grocery store in New York State. Any time I needed some kind of code or proof of purchase from a soda container I just went into the bottle return area and grabbed what I need. Got tons of Pepsi points when that promo was around in the 90's and got all the Dr Pepper points I needed off 20 oz bottles when they had a Nascar diecast car promo a few years ago.

Contestking
06-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Anyone out there putting in codes on Mycokerewards.com? I'd be curious to see how many points people have out there...as of today (6-25-06) I have 4685 points. I still have a long way to go for the big prizes!

Etoile
06-26-2006, 11:12 AM
I have a little over 500. How did you get so many, Contestking? Lots of 12-packs?

Contestking
06-26-2006, 08:42 PM
I first started in Mycokerewards when I won a contest on the radio which came with a Coke prize pack with a 115 point card. That was on May 13. I do have a vending route so I started buying hundreds of 12 packs. The only problem is I have about 200 (and building) 12 packs in my garage and I don't use as much as I sell and it would be hard to sell the pop if I bought enough for one of the trips before the expiration dates. I would need about 2600 12 packs to build up points for trips and the prizes probably won't be there by December.

Contestking
07-02-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey! Where did all of the 40000+ prizes go? The dreaded AI couch is gone! Which is impossible, because no one on this planet can have 56000 points! Even if you won the 50000 point contest you can't add points to that.

Etoile
07-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Interesting site; I'm adding it to my weblog. You may not have realized, though, that we actually have been discussing whether or not it's possible to accrue the points. We are discussing how much you would have to drink. Not the fact that it would kill you, but that it's not possible to accrue that many. Isn't that the same thing? (I am one of those who gets codes from friends, and I still only have about 600pts.)

By the way, I don't drink regular Coke at all. I only drink Diet Coke. Is your campaign based solely on regular Coke?

Contestking
08-10-2006, 01:34 AM
Point Update...I'm around 9200 points as of today. Approaching good prize levels but will the contest winners of 50000 points get them before me?

Etoile
08-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Holy Toledo, 9200? I was up to almost 800 when I decided to cash out. They had a travel kit - neck pillow, eye mask, reading light - and I got that. I also got two $25 gift cards for 1-800-FLOWERS, my spouse's birthday is coming up in a month so I'll use them for that.

They were just running out of the good stuff too darn fast, and I'm not interested in the collegiate/sporting merchandise.

Contestking
09-03-2006, 12:44 AM
September point update...I now have 11565. I was wanting the Sony Dream System but it sold out before I got the points. My new target is the Sony 32" LCD at 13600. I have enough codes to get it, but will I have enough time before it goes away also?

Contestking
09-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Update, got the 32" LCD TV at 13600! I can finally quit buying Coke for about 6 months!

The BigTymer
10-15-2006, 02:30 PM
One 12-pack code (10 points) away from a $100 Blockbuster gift card. Now watch it sell out.

I have a code, but a line of it is unreadable.

Big ups to anyone who can pass a 12-pack code, or 3 cap codes. Thanks!

RookieCAF
01-08-2007, 09:33 PM
OK, I can still enter codes, How long has this been extended? Anyone know?

So far, I got a PS2, a Game for it, A T-Shirt, A Hat, 4 Mag Subs, a Free game and two free months of Gametap. And 3 free 20oz Coca Cola Zero Coupons ;)

To the poster above, I always emailed them when I got an unreadable code and they credited my account.

Etoile
01-09-2007, 10:11 AM
I still don't understand how you folks get so many points...

RookieCAF
01-09-2007, 09:43 PM
People just throw the caps and box flaps away at work, I take them and enter them after work smile.gif

drpep
01-09-2007, 09:47 PM
When I worked at a store over the summer that did not use Tomra machines to process can and bottle returns I could easily get 50 caps a day from the bottle return room. I got enough Dr Pepper labels to get four of the Dr Pepper t-shirt/cap/lunchbox sets they were giving away for points off the bottle.

Etoile
01-10-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm looking forward to the codes coming out on more products (Sprite, Vault)...I will probably earn more then.

Cherry7Up
04-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Coke has updated their rewards site making it sleeker than ever. They've also added many more of their brands (Sprite, Vault, Pibb, etc). I'm digging the design of it all, though the heavy use of Flash makes my computer slow down a bit.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-17-2007, 02:18 AM
Mine too... :( but the new design of the site is cool... :D

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-17-2007, 02:25 AM
Mine too, and i have a very good gaming rig. I had to turn the quality down a bit for the site to run smoothly.

BluejacketT
04-18-2007, 02:56 AM
I like the new design of the site. It looks pretty cool.