PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper

el hombre de los moleculos
10-11-2006, 07:03 PM
In the past few weeks, I can not find this stuff anywhere (winston-salem, nc). Out of 7 stores, I have seen only 2 that had the diet version. Even Berries and Cream is looking scarce. Please do not tell me they are pulling this from the market??! Anyone have any info, or is my area isolated? Thanks.

If they do pull this, I will NEVER drink another extension from any brand EVER again. I'm tired of liking these drinks only to get disappointed. Tropical Sprite Remix, Vanilla Coke, now this??!!! :mad:

[ 10-11-2006, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: el hombre de los moleculos ]

pepsipimp
10-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Haven't heard anything about these flavors going away...We still have them here.

upinarms
10-11-2006, 08:28 PM
When I was in that area we saw the regular Dr Pepper Berries and Cream, which was surprising because all we have is the diet one in New England.

I've never seen the non-Diet Cherry Vanilla. I bet that would be awesome. The regular B&C was so much better than the diet, it was like night and day.

the saint
10-11-2006, 08:56 PM
I am able to get all 8 variations of pepper around my parts.

fusion
10-11-2006, 09:08 PM
The regular version of CVDP has disappeared from some markets.

Thankfully, Philadelphia Coke still produces it. Baltimore MD PBG stopped, though.

I did read that it may be a while before we see another flavor extension.

DMC
10-12-2006, 03:41 AM
well we've still got both CV flavors and both BC flavors. but, let me stress, since BC came out, CV sales have declined...BIG TIME. i've picked up so much out of date CV 20's in the last 2 months, and that's not a good sign. i've also been picking up quite a bit of BC 20's also. we've cut some DCV and some DBC out of several stores, though we've got the regular flavors in all our stores still.

i haven't heard about any discontinuations yet, so if anything it just a regional thing.

I've said from day one that Cadburry releasing BC was a bad idea, as it was just going to cut into he sales of CV, and it has dramatically. and to top it off, BC isn't selling too hot either. worse than CV in my area anyways.

el hombre de los moleculos
10-13-2006, 09:56 PM
thanks for the info guys, i guess whatever bottler region i'm in decided to ditch it. ima try out charlotte when i'm down there, hopefully find some and stock the heck out of it.

Cheer-wined
10-14-2006, 10:30 AM
dr pepper is distributed in winston-salem by Pepsi Bottling Ventures. you may want to call their office on Myer Lee Drive and ask if it's being discontinued in this area.
west of w-s, dr pepper west jefferson still has all variations, they service ashe, watauga, allegheny if you're in that area.
south of w-s, ccbcc picks up dr pepper in cabarrus co. (concord). another place to check.

MATHA531
10-14-2006, 06:29 PM
In the NYC area, I have never seen any bottled Dr. Pepper other than regular and diet...the only diet cv Dr. Pepper I have seen are in 12 packs of 12 oz...it is still available albeit lots of places don't carry it....

But then again in NYC it has become increasingly difficult if not impossible to latch onto diet coke cherry (cherry coke is still available) in any form...wonder if our geniuses who bottle coke for the NYC area have decided to deep 6 diet coke cherry the same way they did to diet coke vanilla long before the national office did the same thing (and is it the chicken or egg syndrome...you know sales go down because one major area of the country doesn't want to provide it so it is discontinued nationally or is it being discontinued because sales go down???)

But diet coke slime is still available (ugh!)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
10-15-2006, 01:19 AM
Regular Cherry Vanilla Dr.Pepper is great... It doesn't deserve to die... :(

upinarms
10-15-2006, 01:54 PM
I actually tried the regular CV today as my fiance's family brought some back from vacation (who knew they were bev enthusiasts?). I liked it, but it wasn't drastically better than the diet like BC was.

I'm still perplexed as to why New England doesn't seem to distribute it, though. I've heard as a region 9 out of 10 prefer the diet, but who knows.

We still have gross diet coke w/ splenda and C2 coke, I can't see why we dont have more Dr pepper.

Blue Efficacy
10-17-2006, 11:40 PM
My opinion is, get rid of CV Dr Pepper. To me it tasted too much like regular Dr Pepper. Berries and Creme is much better. Not to say CVDP is bad, but if there is only room for one flavor extension, and that is probably the case, BCDP is it.

pepsidew
10-19-2006, 11:09 PM
both extensions arent as hot as they used to be - cv dr pepper probably is dog ass slow down there so the distributor probably couldnt turn over the product fast enough - isnt cheerwine big down there

DMC
10-25-2006, 05:40 AM
i'm sorry, but cheerwine was finally introduced in my area by pepsi about 5 months or so ago. i tried the stuff, i really gave it a chance. i bought cheerwine whenever i wanted a soda for a about a week or so, and just couldn't get into it.

jdavidb
10-26-2006, 05:14 PM
I love the CV Dr Pepper, but only because it reminds me of Red Fusion. I'd give up any other drinks to have Red Fusion back.