PDA

View Full Version : Is Vault Better Than Surge?

jblaviback
02-26-2006, 05:01 AM
I have thought about this question a lot lately due to the fact that I have been drinking a lot of Vault and it tastes really good. But I think my answer still has to be no because I have this faint memory of Surge and for some reason I remember it being better than Vault.

Anyway I am curious to see how die hard Surge fans reply as well as others opinions.

Mr Zabe
02-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Ok, since for ever, I have been a big time lover of fresh oranges and grapefruits. The taste of cold sweet orange juice and tart grapefruit juice to me is magical. YUM

Early on I be came an Orange Crush and Grapefruit
soda pop drinker. I can't explain why but I never drank Surge. I have been a loyal Mountain Dew Drinker and of and on Mello Yello drinker.

Vault IMO has the taste notes of orange and grapefruit juice with just the perfect sweetness that blends into the full taste experience. smile.gif Vault IMO approximates the flavor of citrus,which I find so enjoyable.

iluvsurge220
02-26-2006, 02:55 PM
I like Surge better than Vault, probably because it was the original and that is what I grew up drinking. I guess it's just like anything. The first thing is always the best and anything like it that is made later on just isn't as good. I know Surge and Vault are close in tastes but I will always like Surge better just becuase it was first.

Hollow Man
02-26-2006, 03:41 PM
I did a taste test of the two last week, and they were so similar, that I really can't make a judgment based on taste alone.

So I give SURGE the win because:

-it was first
-color
-name (SURGE is a much better name)
-packaging
-no artificial flavor

-HM

jmyjunk
02-26-2006, 05:19 PM
To me Mellow Yellow is still the best soda in this flavor category. And it came way before Surge, and Vault. ;)

Mr. Zabe, if you love Orange Juice and Grapefruit juice soda, you should try some of the Italian Soda's that Trader Joe's or Whole Foods have. Gourmet all the way. And of course the underrated, but fantastic Squirt!

Mr Zabe
02-26-2006, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

iluvsurge220
02-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Squirt is an awesome grapefruit pop. And yes Hollow Man, the greeness of Surge definitely puts it over the top, lol!!!

SURGE
02-27-2006, 03:12 AM
I would say that I prefer the bite of SURGE overall but at the same time I find Vault to be smoother and a more "consumer friendly" formulation that seems like something I could drink all day. But yeah from a packaging standpoint its SURGE all the way- still I think SURGE was conciously aimed at my demographic while VAULT seems to be aimed at a different kinda guy.

Mr Nethead
02-27-2006, 03:52 AM
Remember when Surge first came out? They actually promoted it as loaded with carbos! I miss the days when people didn't think carbs were evil. lol