PDA

View Full Version : Blak

SamC
01-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Business pages report this as a "coffee flavored cola" (I wonder if they meant "coffee flavored soft drink") to be launched in USA/Canada by Coca-Cola in second quarter 05.

Blak?

PhillySteve
01-12-2005, 08:15 PM
I have to say if Pepsi had done this Coke fans would have jumped all over it. 2005 is according to Coca-Cola itself a year for innovation and so far we've heard about:

1. Coca-Cola with Lime
2. Coke Zero
3. Vault
and now...
4. Blak

Just what exactly are they innovating?

teamtitan512
01-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Blak to me sounds innovative. Coke Zero is a ripoff of Pepsi One, Vault of so many products now it's not even funny, and Coke w/Lime is slightly original, considering there hasn't been a regular lime-flavored cola yet...in the United States (Mexican Pepsi Twist came before, I understand).

PhillySteve
01-13-2005, 06:39 AM
http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/pepsi%2Dkona/

RunWithDaLilGuy
01-13-2005, 09:30 AM
yeah, was gonna post that

bigrich
01-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Inovative would be to make their hard to find Fanta flavors easier to find. If they really pushed the better tasting flavors it would really sell. I think KO needs to have a flavor pack suitcase of Fanta. That would be 3 cans each of every flavor in the US to make 24.

[ 01-13-2005, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

ithastabeshasta
01-13-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
Coke w/Lime is slightly original, considering there hasn't been a regular lime-flavored cola yet...in the United States (Mexican Pepsi Twist came before, I understand). Shasta had a regular cola with lime 2 years ago.

the saint
01-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Yes but there are some people who will say that Coke is the first to do anything even though more times than not they aren't the first. Some people have a blatant hatred for anything other than coke products and either cannot see or do not want to see other companies doing something first.

ithastabeshasta
01-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
Blak to me sounds innovative. Coke Zero is a ripoff of Pepsi One, Vault of so many products now it's not even funny, and Coke w/Lime is slightly original, considering there hasn't been a regular lime-flavored cola yet...in the United States (Mexican Pepsi Twist came before, I understand). Not only did pepsi have Kona. In the 1960's and possibly as early as the late 1950's Canada Dry had a diet coffee flavored drink.
http://home.comcast.net/~collectiblesodacans/NewCollection/pages/canadadrycoffee_jpg.htm