PDA

View Full Version : Coke C2

here we are
10-21-2006, 03:03 AM
Is this still being made. Have not been able to find it in our stores for past 2 weeks. Don't like the after taste of diet cokes, C2 was the best. No wonder they didn't sell much, our stores were always out of it! The manager at one of the stores said people always asked for it but they never could get the coke guy to stock enough of it. BOOO on coke!

popologist
10-21-2006, 05:11 AM
C2 is great. and could've been a huge hit, but coke botched the marketing from the very beginning, and then just abandoned it.

it's still sold... here and there. but i figure its days are numbered. unless coke decides to support it with a real ad campaign.

also, you should try coke zero. it tastes much more like coke and C2, than diet coke.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
10-21-2006, 12:05 PM
c2 is good, and still sold here side by side with coke zero and coke. i get it sometimes...

David J.
10-22-2006, 03:27 PM
It has as much, if not less shelfspace than Mello Yello in my area.

Mr Zabe
10-22-2006, 04:34 PM
Ditto David, although a few chain grocery stores that I lurk at will have it but not on a steady basis. Just like MY, only one fridge pack facing and no other size btls.

[ 10-22-2006, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
10-23-2006, 12:32 AM
I saw it in the Coke machine from the World of Coca-Cola store and some other stores in Vegas...

Chad.
10-23-2006, 04:04 AM
in stl at least at 2 different Schnucks the shelf space for C2 is as good as coke zero and caffiene free regular coke, but it is unavailable anything but 12 packs

popologist
10-23-2006, 09:53 AM
C2 must be a "regional" brand.

i still think it has widespread potential though. and almost all of us agree that it deserved a better marketing push from the get-go.

i think coke (and pepsi's) problem the last few years is that they've been trying to create new interest in soda and... it's just not happening. so, any gains that a new product like C2 or Coke Zero makes, cuts into their other brands.

people are aware that soda isn't very healthy, and they're moving to other, healthier products... or to diet sodas (though they may have peaked as well).

[ 10-23-2006, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: popologist ]

Mana211
10-23-2006, 05:16 PM
I still buy C2 as my primary daytime soda.

Of course when I'm at a resturaunt with a self serve fountain I just mix my own. Depending on the resturant I get:

1. Caffiene free diet coke + regular Dr. Pepper
2. diet coke + regular Dr. Pepper
3. diet coke + regular coke
4. diet Dr. Pepper + regular Dr. Pepper

Number 1 is hard to find in self serve fountain but a local pizzeria with very high health board ratings has that setup.

Number 2 and 3 are very easy to find. 4 is easy to find as well but since Dr. P. doesn't sell a C2 equivalent I'm willing to give a partial nod towards the company that does.

Where possible I bring my own can or try not to eat at any resturant that doesn't have those combos.

Worst case scenario if I don't have a can with me and can't mix it myself I get

5. Diet coke
6. Dr Pepper
7. Regular Coke

in that order.

Mr Zabe
10-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Your very dedicated to your C2 facsimile mixes.
I'm not as dedicated, there are a few joints that have great food but non drinkable soda fountains.
I just opt for bottle water or even plain tap water. Chicago has excellent tap water.LOL

Blue Efficacy
10-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Gee, lets sell a pop thats half diet and half HFCS, and sell it in 8 packs! But you can bet we will sell them for standard 12 pack prices! We'll make a fortune!

Silly Coke...

Mr Zabe
10-23-2006, 08:01 PM
That's what most of us thought when Coke first rolled out C2. Your point was well said.

Gregg
11-05-2006, 10:42 PM
From what I understand from someone I know that is a driver for Coke, he said that Coke C2 is no longer being sold in the NY area. Not sure if that applies to other areas of the country.

I'm not happy with it. I've been a dedicated C2 drinker since it it came out.

Anyone know where they may still have stock of it?

Chad.
11-06-2006, 03:03 AM
btw saw c2 in the holiday packaging here

popologist
11-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Chad.:
btw saw c2 in the holiday packaging here do you have a pic of the packaging?

loveC2inDallas
11-14-2006, 11:56 AM
I want C2 back on the shelves too. I'm sending a letter to my local bottler. We need a grassroots effort to get C2 back in production.

[ 11-14-2006, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: loveC2inDallas ]

fusion
11-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Gregg:

Anyone know where they may still have stock of it? Western PA/Eastern OH would probably be the closest for you.

billygtexas
11-15-2006, 12:51 AM
It looks like C2 is dead in Texas. It disappeared off store shelfs in East Texas, Oklahoma and in Dallas around July. Now that shelf space is filled by Coke Zero.

Cokeologist
11-15-2006, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Chad.:
btw saw c2 in the holiday packaging here I don't believe it.

popologist
11-15-2006, 03:22 PM
speaking of C2... bevnet posted this comparison of Pepsi Edge vs Coke C2 a few years ago.

They gave Pepsi Edge the edge, though C2 ended up staying on the market longer (since it's still being sold in some markets).

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bevnet.com/news/images/2004/373-news-c2pep.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bevnet.com/news/2004/06-14-2004-pepsi_edge_vs_coke_c2.asp&h=25 1&w=179&sz=29&hl=en&start=91&tbnid=0jJ5_Z6fp36RDM:&tbnh=111&tbnw=79&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dc2%2Bcola%26start%3D80%26ndsp%3D20%26 svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.bevnet.com/news/images/2004/373-news-c2pep.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.bevnet.com/news/2004/06-14-2004-pepsi_edge_vs_coke_c2.asp&h=251&w=179&sz=29&hl=en&start=91&tbnid=0jJ5_Z6fp36RDM:&tbnh=111&tbnw=79&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dc2%2Bcola%26start%3D80%26ndsp%3D20%26 svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN)

billygtexas
11-16-2006, 04:35 AM
Doubt C2's coming back nationwide now that the Atkins diet fad is long dead. I knew some Coke Classic drinkers didn't like C2 because it tasted "Watered down" (not my quote). Diet Coke drinkers didn't want the 45 calories per can. It was a good product that never found it's audience.

Does Kroger still sell their Big K 50/50 soda anymore? It was the only C2/Edge store clone I saw. It didn't taste much different from other store colas, but it might be a alternative to people who miss C2.

Chad.
11-16-2006, 05:32 AM
well i just went out on a 3 hour trip to find where i saw the c2 holiday packaging and couldn;t find it but i am 100% sure i still saw it...

fusion
11-16-2006, 10:05 AM
Atkins dieters never drank C2 anyway, it had too many carbs.

popologist
11-16-2006, 12:53 PM
C2 flopped because coke botched it from the beginning.

--the inflated (8-pack) pricing (rip-off)
--the ad campaign that didn't explain what it was
--the undistinctive packaging
--the fact that it was nearly impossible to find

and, then, when it wasn't an instant success (for reasons above), coke just abandoned it and left it to die a slow death.

it didn't help matters then that coke zero tasted almost as good... with zero calories.

in the end, i guess coke zero is the heir or off-spring of C2... since both sort of aimed at a similar market (young males).

loveC2inDallas
11-19-2006, 02:13 PM
I do not really care for Coke Zero it doesn't have the burn. C2 is a winner.

I spoke with comsumer affairs at the Dallas Plant. She said they were just not selling enough. I suggested that Dallas become to C2 what Dublin, Texas is to orginal formula Dr. Pepper. I know people who go to Dublin once a month or more to buy the orginal formula, made with the cane syrup.

They are still making the syrup for C2 in Atlanta. We just need to pull together and get some bottler to start bottling it again.

fusion
11-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Some bottler? CCE and CCBCC still produce C2. It's a 12 pack-only brand now.

I saw plenty of it on my last roadtrip in Ohio.

Dr. dnL
11-20-2006, 09:19 AM
In Jacksonville, the only place I've found C2 is Food Lion. fusion's right, it's only in 12 packs.

popologist
11-20-2006, 05:35 PM
C2 is the new TaB... a "fringe" drink.

i mean, if coke had plans to just let C2 die, you'd think that they would've given it the ax by now. but they haven't.

it will probably become a regional drink and limited to 12-packs.

Bigjon9981
02-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Some bottler? CCE and CCBCC still produce C2. It's a 12 pack-only brand now.

I saw plenty of it on my last roadtrip in Ohio.

I have been looking for C2 in Ohio. Where in Ohio did you find it, just curious. Thanks.

Mana211
02-26-2007, 02:38 PM
btw C2 has 70 calories a can not 45. Even then it is less than half the calories of a Mello Yello (170) and has become my new morning drink for that reason.

I tried Cherry Coke Zero and Coke Zero as my morning drink and I like having some calories a bit better.

fusion
02-26-2007, 07:56 PM
I have been looking for C2 in Ohio. Where in Ohio did you find it, just curious. Thanks.

Northeastern Ohio, produced in Twinsburg. I stopped at the Marc's in Boardman, and the Acme in Akron. So one of those two places. Probably the Marc's - they had an insanely huge soda selection.

Stuff in your area probably mostly comes from Cincinnati production, and they probably don't make C2 anymore.

Oh.. and last time I was in Tennesee, I found Mello Yello in 10oz glass bottles in Union City.

dalepetrie
03-06-2007, 04:30 PM
I live in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota, and from the time I first tried C2 in June of 2004 until my last can about 3 weeks ago, I purchased this soda exclusively. I was a lifelong Coke drinker, but health issues forced me to cut calories, so I can no longer drink regular Coke. I have never been able to stomach Diet Coke, it just tastes like chemicals as do all diet colas currently on the market. I was excited when Coke Zero appeared, and the first few sips really did taste like Coke or C2, but once I drank about 6 ounces, the diet aftertaste started to sneak up on me, getting stronger and stronger as I drank more. I have yet to be able to finish an entire bottle or can because by the time 9 ounces are gone, it tastes every bit as bad as Diet Coke to me. I was frustrated when at first I could only get it in 20 ounce bottles, then they put in cans, but like many have stated, it was 8 cans for the price of 12. Finally they put it in 12 packs, and even in 2 liter bottles. Then the 20 oz bottles disappeared. Then the 2 liter bottles disappeared. But I had always been able to get 12 packs, and the 3 largest grocers kept carrying it. Then one of the 3 stopped, but the other 2 were reliable right up until the end, which I didn't even know was coming. About 3 weeks ago, I drank my last can and went to the store to get more, and I noticed two things...one was the existence of Cherry Coke Zero, in 12 packs (something which C2 wasn't afforded until it had been out for months), and the fact that these 12 packs were in the place of the C2 12 packs, which were nowhere to be found. I made trips to every grocery store in a 50 mile radius, I contacted Coke directly, I searched on the internet, and finally discovered that they simply stopped making it. I saw a post from December of 2006 of an email to another C2 lover from Coke saying they had "no plans to discontinue the product", but when I emailed them less than 2 months later, they said they had discontinued it. Even though it still has a presence on their website, nonetheless. At this time I'm told the N.C. bottler still makes it, but that the syrup they use will no longer be produced after April. I created an email, bring.back.c2@gmail.com to accept online signatures for my petition to get them to bring the product back. Please email me if you too would like to see it return.

Mana211
03-06-2007, 07:52 PM
I just found out this week that C2 is gone. I've still got a couple left but had I known the end was coming I would have probably bought out the whole store the last time I saw it.

Normally the stores would have a few to dozens of 12 packs. I would have bought at least ten more packs had I known...

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-06-2007, 09:07 PM
I think i might check out woodmans and maybe grab a 12 pack or two if there is any left. C2 is pretty good.

popologist
03-06-2007, 10:58 PM
R.I.P. C2... you deserved better than you got.

Mana211
03-07-2007, 09:39 AM
map (http://www.cokeconsolidated.com/map.html)

Word is that C2 will be produced until April for sale in:

FL
GA
AL
MS
TN
SC
NC
VA
WV

Now I just need to get someone to bring me some or I need to make a road trip.

popologist
03-07-2007, 01:34 PM
i guess they're trying to get rid of the syrup in the states where it sold best.

fusion
03-07-2007, 02:01 PM
No, that's Coke Consolidated territory. And I doubt they are still selling it in all their areas. They have large regional production facilties (Nashville, Charlotte, Mobile, and they run the Bishopville co-op) that distribute product to their various territories, plus they do a lot of copacking for other Coke bottlers, mainly energy drinks.

karaintn
03-08-2007, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately, I have to disagree with the PP who gave a list of states that still produce C2. I am in Memphis and quit seeing C2 toward the end of last year. So I called our bottler in Jackson, MS. The customer service rep said that Jackson no longer bottles it, but she had received over 300 calls in one month looking for it, so she was going to submit that to see if it could be brought back. I called again yesterday, and she said that they don't bottle it, and have no plans to. She said they supply MS, AL, and TN (maybe just west TN?). Anyway, I'm confused why the PP said these states would have it. I certainly wish they did!

fusion
03-08-2007, 01:58 PM
Coke Consolidated does not operate in any of the areas you mention. Those are CCE areas.

Consolidated operates facilities in Mobile AL and Nashville TN, like I previously mentioned. Their Tennessee territory is mainly in the western half of the state, but excluding far west and the area around Tullahoma.

in FL/AL/MS, they are in the panhandle of FL, excluding a big part of the middle, and they are in SE MS and SW AL, mostly all served out of Mobile.

As far as Memphis, CCE has two facilities in the area. Memphis, which is a bottle facility (code MP), and West Memphis AR, which is a can facility (code WM). Jackson MS probably gets a good portion of their product from those facilities as well, or maybe Harahan LA.

The closest Coke Consolidated office to you is in Jackson TN. That is who I would suggest you call next.

And keep in mind that just because you live in a state, you are not seeing everything in your area that is carried in different parts of the state. Especially in TN - there are a bunch of independent bottlers in that state, as well as three different big Coke bottlers, and two different big Pepsi bottlers.

Mana211
03-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Anyway, I'm confused why the PP said these states would have it.

map (http://www.cokeconsolidated.com/map.html)

The word map above is a link to a web site map of the areas covered. Unfortunately it wasn't very obvious. Try clicking on it or type www cokeconsolidated.com/map.html into your web browser (but put a period between the www and the cokeconsolidated).

If you live in Memphis you should have less of a drive than I do. The closest location for me to get it is over 2 hours drive and I'm in east TN.

look at this map (http://www.cokeconsolidated.com/map.html)

Mana211
03-08-2007, 05:29 PM
http://www.cokeconsolidated.com/images/Ccbccmap1.gif

aha at least this way the link isn't shortened.

I hate the automatic links in this version of uBB (http://www.cokeconsolidated.com/map.html)

Mana211
03-08-2007, 06:19 PM
She said they supply MS, AL, and TN (maybe just west TN?).

Unfortunately life is complicated.

As to TN suppliers there are several (with thanks for the corrections):

Coca-Cola Enterprises (HQ in Atlanta, GA) with affiliated sites in

Cookeville, TN
Cleveland, TN
Johnson City, TN
Knoxville, TN
Sevierville, TN
Memphis, TN

CCE is I'm assuming the largest bottler of Coke as they claim to serve a population of 407 million.

Coca-Cola Consolidated (HQ in Charlotte, NC) It is the second largest Coca-Cola bottler in the country and one of the highest per capita soft drink bottlers in the world. The Company's 6,000 employees operate five production centers and 70 sales and distribution centers.

Chattanooga Coca-Cola Bottling Company/United Packers is part of Coca-Cola Bottling Company United, Inc. (CCBCU), headquartered in Birmingham, AL, and claims to be the first bottler of Coke ever.

Coca-Cola Bottling Works of Tullahoma, TN (looks to be independent?)

Corinth Coca Cola Bottling of Lexington, TN (looks to be independent?)

Union City Coca Cola Bottling (looks to be independent?)

Coca-Cola Bottling Works, Inc. Pulaski, TN

So thats more than 5 or more than 10 Coke bottlers in TN depending on how you count the CCE affiliated bottlers.

And these are just the ones I found by a quick Google search. That doesn't count ones that sell to TN from just across the TN border from one of the 8, yes eight states that border TN. Nor does it count any Pepsi, DR. Pepper, RC, whatever else kind of bottlers I didn't find by searching only for Coca Cola.

To add to the fun if I compare the label on a can from my work vending machine it comes from a different location than the ones at my local grocery store less than a mile away. Two totally different bottlers serving the same geographic location.

No it isn't always easy to figure out who is providing the coke you buy on a day to day basis...

fusion
03-08-2007, 07:42 PM
A few corrections:

Chattanooga is Coke United.

There is also an independent in Pulaski TN.

Corinth is indeed an independent. Part of the Corinth MS bottler. I had forgotten that they had territory in TN.

And CCE is a corporation, so all the sites you mentioned are part of the company, not independent.

It is easy to figure out where your Coke comes from if you know the production codes. There are some old topics on here with that info.

That's why you really just have to get in your car and drive around and see what you find. Since soda franchises were often sold by county, some of those old structures exist, and you can drive one county over, and find completely different stuff.

I can drive 30 minutes in different directions from my house, and be in three different Pepsi bottlers areas, three different Coke bottlers areas, and two different Canada Dry/3rd tier bottlers areas.

Mana211
03-08-2007, 10:35 PM
CCE production centers:

Charlotte/Snyder Production Center, North Carolina
Roanoke, Virginia
Nashville, Tennessee
Mobile, Alabama

is the 5th in South Carolina?

Mana211
03-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Probably the most expensive Cokes I've ever bought but I made the trip.

I drove over 150 miles each way (over a mountain range) and visited no less than 5 grocery stores plus a few gas stations, a bargain food outlet, and the holy grail (Walmart).

I got 2 twelve packs from an Ingles in Swannanoa, NC. I gave up on finding the Bi-Lo in Black Mountain. Got 10 more twelve packs in Hickory, NC.

The best thing is the date on the box. My old C2 from a local source had a Jan 2007 date. Most of the boxes I got last night had August 2007 dates. So it's fresh and plentiful once you get far enough into the state of NC.

I feel confident you could find it easily in major cities in Virginia and South Carolina as well.

Unfortunately NC has the highest Gas tax, fortunately their sales tax on food items was only 4.75%. I'll probably try Bristol VA next time but then only if I hear that they are still making C2 this summer.

fusion
03-11-2007, 04:04 PM
CCE production centers:

Charlotte/Snyder Production Center, North Carolina
Roanoke, Virginia
Nashville, Tennessee
Mobile, Alabama

is the 5th in South Carolina?

You mean CCBCC. The 5th is in Bishopville, SC.

popologist
03-11-2007, 08:39 PM
wow! so how much did each can cost you once you figure in gas, etc?

Probably the most expensive Cokes I've ever bought but I made the trip.

I drove over 150 miles each way (over a mountain range) and visited no less than 5 grocery stores plus a few gas stations, a bargain food outlet, and the holy grail (Walmart).

I got 2 twelve packs from an Ingles in Swannanoa, NC. I gave up on finding the Bi-Lo in Black Mountain. Got 10 more twelve packs in Hickory, NC.

The best thing is the date on the box. My old C2 from a local source had a Jan 2007 date. Most of the boxes I got last night had August 2007 dates. So it's fresh and plentiful once you get far enough into the state of NC.

I feel confident you could find it easily in major cities in Virginia and South Carolina as well.

Unfortunately NC has the highest Gas tax, fortunately their sales tax on food items was only 4.75%. I'll probably try Bristol VA next time but then only if I hear that they are still making C2 this summer.

drpep
03-11-2007, 09:14 PM
As memories from past Florida trips fade I do remember large quantities of C2 close to Charlotte in 2004 and 2005. I remember finding no C2 in Roanoke and the I-77 I-81 split.

popologist
03-12-2007, 09:03 AM
i'm currently finishing my last few cans of C2. i got lucky and found them last summer, and i think they expire in a few months.

R.I.P. C2

Mana211
03-12-2007, 09:31 AM
wow! so how much did each can cost you once you figure in gas, etc?

That depends on how much of my days expenses you attribute to the cokes.

twelve 12 packs = 144 cans.

Just under $42 at Wallyworld and just over $11 at Ingles gives me roughly $53 for the cokes and sales tax. (I left the receipts at home so I'm going on memory for that).

If we stop there they were 37 cents a can.

Now I spent more on gas that day than I actually used as I wanted to keep gas in the car for use this week. Lets say I spent $20 on gas for the coke run. I also spent money on food but I would have spent money on food without going so lets attribute $10 for food costs related to the coke run.

If you stop there the cokes cost me roughly $83 / 144 cans = 58 cents a can.

Of course in reality I spent 8 hours on the road and my time is worth money. It was a beautiful day, the radio stations were nice, traffic wasn't a problem, so I enjoyed it a bit. Say we call it 8 hours at minimum wage $5.15/hr to split the difference. That is another $41. You could then say $123 / 144 cans = 85 cents a can.

Now that I know where to go I could do it next time in 4-6 hours and spend less on gas. Both in gallons used and cost per gallon as I wouldn't have to buy any gas in NC.

So if I had a source on the web that could assure me the date on the box is as fresh as I'd get by driving for them and would ship them to me for less than $9 a 12 pack I'd come out ahead on that deal. Note I said ship not sell. It doesn't matter if they call them $5 12 packs if the shipping cost is high.

Come summer I might look into ordering my C2 over the web but I'd hope that I won't have to...

popologist
03-12-2007, 02:50 PM
that could be one of those mastercard "priceless" commercials. ;)

wonkapete
03-12-2007, 04:36 PM
Yep, I'm here in Mobile, AL and C2 is still everywhere (in fridgepacks only).

Mana211
03-23-2007, 11:03 PM
I tell you what if DR. Pepper would sell a D2 (mid calorie Dr. Pepper along the lines of C2) I'd swear off Coke products for a month. If they did it perfectly and it turned out to be equal to or superior to C2 I'd swear off coke products for a year.

Them thar Coke execs really botched the marketing for C2. When I was in NC wheeling out a buggy full of C2 I got the greeter at Walmart to sign the back of the sales receipt with the City name and ST so I could remember where I bought them. The greeter that day was a woman in her 30s if I had to guess age, but she had never heard of C2 and didn't have a clue why I'd drive across state lines to stock up.

ColaFan
03-24-2007, 12:29 AM
I am glad that Coke is pushing the C2. I like it much better than regular diet Coke.
I still prefer Pepsi One and wish Pepsi would start to promote the product again. These 2 have got me drinking diet sodas again :-)

liberty
03-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Coke has stopped bottling C2's.

tomyear2134
03-31-2007, 10:41 PM
As far as my last trip to Canada on Jan 30, 2007, they still had C2 there!! Although one chain DIDN'T have it........But another did!!! I'm probably going up in a week or so, i'll let everyone know. Also, I think it was August 2006 when I also saw it in Orlando, FL supermarkets!!

Mana211
04-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Coke has stopped bottling C2's.

That may be true but even if it is there are several states where you will be able to find it on the shelf until the end of Summer.

I still have stacks of C2 twelve packs I got from North Carolina with August 2007 expiration dates.

Besides why call it "bottling" when it ends up in a 12oz can?

Oh and good luck to any who decide to visit a state that has it still and wants to stock up before it disappears.

popologist
04-02-2007, 06:40 PM
maybe C2 is being pulled to make more room for Coke Zero, Cherry Coke Zero, Diet Coke Plus & Vanilla Coke Zero.

or, possibly, though i doubt it, C2 will be launched with a new name and ad campaign (though probably not).

fusion
04-05-2007, 07:36 PM
CCBCC just finished their last production run of C2.. get it while it lasts!

tomyear2134
04-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I just took a road trip to Ontario, Canada and they still have C2 12 packs and 1 liters. Although I managed to get 10 of them at 2 stores, I bought all they had! I hope there's some on my next trip but I'm good for quite a while!!

tomyear2134
09-14-2007, 10:01 PM
Canada STILL has C2!!!
I went over the border and found it in Burlington, Ontario, I wonder why it's still up there and not in the USA ?...................Anyone Know????? Anyways, the EXP dates are in September..........and the grocer had them in the back room at one place............Is that a sign that it's days are numbered up north too??? Probably!!! Oh well, I bought 14 12 packs!!

BRING BACK C2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

popologist
09-15-2007, 06:41 AM
C2 was good, but coke botched its launch from the beginning. and, then, Coke Zero's introduction/success just a year later was the final nail in the C2 coffin. i doubt it will be back.

Mr Zabe
09-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Yes, I have ranted about Coke C2 several times before.
I still can't understand how Coca Cola could have totally screwed
up C2's national roll out. IMO it was one of the worst Big 3 new
brand roll outs of recent times.

popologist
09-15-2007, 07:27 PM
and yet... pepsi's version sold even worse than coke's. and pespi didn't botch its launch the same way coke did (that i can remember). so... maybe the market just wasn't there. who knows anymore.

Mr Zabe
09-15-2007, 09:10 PM
IMHO
Some large successful consumer product companies can
over complicate (marketing themes) to the point that
simple (meant in a good way) customers get confused.

I could explain this idea more but I will keep it SIMPLE. LOL

popologist
09-16-2007, 05:57 AM
question: could the label for C2 have said "half the sugar"... even though it didn't actually have "real" sugar?

in other words, are sugar and HFCS inter-changeable... upto a point... or never? just curious.

Mana211
09-20-2007, 05:30 PM
I think they would have been limited to saying half the calories or half the sweetener. I think using the term sugar is limited to cane or beet products.

I do miss C2, though not having it makes me more likely to make a trip or buy online some cane sugar DR Pepper from West Jefferson or Dublin.

Honestly I don't care if they use 2, 3, or 4 sweeteners so long as one of them is cane sugar. I think ace-k is a better sweetener than sucralose/Splenda, and sucralose/Splenda is a better sweetener than Nutrasweet/aspartame. But really I don't mind if you mix 3 or 4 sweeteners together as they tend to work better as a group than they do individually (you can use far less of each and have little of no aftertaste if you mix properly).

Either give me nationwide distribution of pure cane products or if it is cheaper give me nationwide distribution of a mixed sweetener product but either way give me easier access to cane sugar...