PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Light, On The Go

DaveR
01-25-2005, 09:16 PM
What's happening with Crystal Light On The Go, Kraft's new powdered drink in single-serve packets. I saw the product in the Nov. 2004 edition of Beverage Industry magazine, and I can't find it here in Los Angeles.

The 0.17oz. packets are intended to be poured directly into a 20-ounce bottle of water to make an instant flavored water drink.

Is it being distributed in other markets? Do you think it has potential?

fusion
01-25-2005, 11:15 PM
They sell them in Acme Markets here.. part of Albertson's.

Wal-Mart also makes their own knockoff version.

I don't see either of them lasting very long, to be honest.

DaveR
01-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Fusion, I thought it was a good idea. I wonder why you don't see either of them lasting very long.

fusion
01-26-2005, 10:01 PM
People want the stuff already mixed up. Who wants to carry around packets in their car, purse, bag, etc?

Or.. people who really like Crystal Light would rather buy the bulk powder, which is cheaper.

DaveR
01-26-2005, 10:54 PM
I was thinking it would be cool to be able to carry a few of these packets and make many bottles of crystal light with one bottle if I was out riding my bike. Better than carrying a six pack. Seems like it would be cheaper too.

I could refill the bottle many times with water and make numerous drinks. Same if I was at a football or baseball game or at the gym or out about town. Wouldn't be able to do that easily with the bulk powder package.

Wonder where I can find it in the Los Angeles area.