PDA

View Full Version : ***ATTENTION DIET MOUNTAIN DEW FANS***

HackedLife
03-06-2006, 02:44 PM
As you may have noticed, Pepsi has changed the forumula of Diet Mountain Dew. You will begin seeing cans/bottles labeled "Tuned up Taste". Let me be the first to warn you -- ITS HORRIBLE. It tastes NOTHING like the old formula. Please anyone who even remotely enjoies Diet Mountain Dew, call and/or email Pepsi and tell them to change it back!!:

Phone: 1-800-433-2652

Email: http://www.mountaindew.com/help/help.php

For the love of God don't let them do this!!!!!

Mr Zabe
03-06-2006, 02:47 PM
IMO....The old Diet Mountain Dew formula tastes like stomach acid. :(

Robot
03-06-2006, 03:45 PM
yah, going to have to agree and disagree..

it tastes alot different then the previous diet dew.. AGREED.

it tastes really good however, and about 100x better than the previous diet dew...

the old diet dew didnt even taste like it was part of the mountain dew family.. it wasnt related at all to mountain dew, just a diet citrus soda with alot of caffeine they slepped the name on... the new one actually tastes and resembles mountain dew like it should, only being a diet version.

i hope they make a similar upgrade to diet code red.

pepsidew
03-06-2006, 05:16 PM
isnt there another thread just like this - maybe try cf dt dew - maybe that tastes more like the old version??? i would think they will update dt code red too

Acheron
03-06-2006, 07:26 PM
It's inevitable that people will complain, and loudly, about this. I think that the only reason that all the core diet brands are all still sweetened with aspartame alone is because they fear their fanatic diet devotees.

Diet fundamentalists are like ex-smokers. Annoying to a fault.

I think that any fanatics they lose will be more than made up for with the new customers they'll get with a superior product.

And FYI - Diet Code Red is already cut with ace-k, so adding splenda might not be necessary.

[ 03-06-2006, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Acheron ]

mjb1124
03-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by pepsidew:
maybe try cf dt dew - maybe that tastes more like the old version??? Somebody said in another thread that CF Diet Dew got the "tuned up taste" as well.

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Acheron's completely right.

That's why Coke and Pepsi wouldn't dare pull Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi.

At least not for quite some time.

DJHS

ChrisPC
03-07-2006, 08:35 PM
I got a free sample at Wal-Mart the other day, when I was picking up some Vault. UGH!!! What did they do?

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-07-2006, 11:15 PM
i noticed the difference. i don't think it's an improvement but what are you gonna do. can they change the fountian version or no? it's in quizno's and now wendy's here in michigan

NewDietDOODOO
03-08-2006, 12:32 AM
The New Tuned up Taste Diet Mountain Dew , Closely Resembles what I think Toilet water must taste like. Pepsico SUCKS!!

CStoreCatMan
03-09-2006, 02:08 PM
I think they did a good job of getting rid of the "diet aftertaste" that the original formula suffered from. But, I'm more of a regular drinker..so the fact that it tastes more like Dew is a good thing for me.

DOODOO - toilet water? PepsiCo sucks? I think you're overreacting! Its a soda...they didn't kill your first born!

NewDietDOODOO
03-10-2006, 12:38 AM
it had no aftertaste but now it has a overwhelming nasty aftertaste

CHAoS_NiNJA
03-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Yeah, the new stuff is horrible. Just...horrible. I already posted in the other thread about this, but this new crap has an awful, awful after taste and I don't foresee meself buying a Pepsi product again.

SuperAmmo
03-22-2006, 10:35 PM
I think it tastes like regular Mountain Dew.

I've only been drinking diet for a year now so I still remember what regular Dew tastes like, when I took my first sip of it, I remembered instantly.

Give it up, get with the program. Now if only they'd reformulate Diet Pepsi to taste like regular Pepsi...I miss it...

Mr Zabe
03-22-2006, 10:44 PM
I at one time was exclusively a Diet Pepsi drinker.
Just in the past two years I started drinking HFCS sweetened soda pops.

I tried with all my might to get into Diet Mountain Dew (original formula). I just could not get into the half arse taste. Now that's just my goofy taste buds. I loved Diet Pepsi,Diet Dr Pepper,Diet 50/50 and various other aspartame diet drinks.

Like I said before, the market has had the last laugh. Sorry for your loss.

[ 03-23-2006, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

mjb1124
03-23-2006, 12:03 AM
I find it funny how all these Diet Dew fanatics are saying that the new formula has a strong aftertaste and is very artificial tasting, when that's what I thought of the old formula.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Have you checked this note from PBG?

"How Dew does Diet"
http://www.pbg.com/press/press_feature.html

Green River
03-23-2006, 12:20 AM
I dont give a crap about any DIET products.

Mr Zabe
03-23-2006, 12:30 AM
I agree for the most part.
I really do enjoy an ice cold seltzer water.
Does that count as a diet drink?