PDA

View Full Version : need help on adult juice market capri sun

rajagursahani
10-23-2006, 06:40 PM
we are a marketing class and we are trying to rebrand capri sun by making it a 20oz larger pouch and give it a new label and direction in the adult juice market industry. anybody really knowledgeable about this? if so please contact me at rajagursahani@gmail.com

i basically need help understanding the market growth of this sector and also the influence of capri sun entering it.

Blue Efficacy
10-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Comparing capri sun to juice is a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

rajagursahani
10-23-2006, 06:55 PM
what do market do you think capri sun for adults would fall under then. you are right it is considered juice drink actually.

raja

Mr Zabe
10-23-2006, 09:12 PM
I was going to post a detailed message of all my insights regarding your marketing class project.I could probably fill up a few pages as I really love this kind of project.

I will not do this as I think you should try to use your mind and Internet skills to learn about the this assignment. I'm not trying to be mean but this assignment was designed with the reason of helping you learn about marketing and not asking "experts" to essentially do your work.

Sorry but that's my view on these kinds of school questions.

[ 10-23-2006, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

rajagursahani
10-23-2006, 10:41 PM
well that is fine as that is honoring the project and the teacher but since you are very adept at this could you kindly tell me where some good places are that are free. as i have done alot of the work but the figures fyi cost money. market research for the bev industry is not free information. so if you can get access for us that is great. i need the the market share etc for the adult drink industry, also capri sun. also i need to know where capri sun would be in that market. would it be in juice or be in the juice flavored market. it seems that it would be in the juice flavored market which is new to me in a way. we are trying to basically put capri sun in a new market segment (the adult version 20oz). well looking forward to your comments and suggestion. i just realized also that this is not cheating to our professor, as she just encouraged us recently to talk to professionals in the industry and to use all resources available to us including friends and family members. so you are still honoring what is intended.

sincerely,

raja gursahani

Mr Zabe
10-23-2006, 10:50 PM
Sorry, I standby my previous post. You seem to be a very intelligent person. Look first at the "micro" dynamics of the bottle/pouch juice drink market. Look at juice drink containers and who uses them and the pros and cons. Begin to think about how adults use "convience" products. These questions will help you figure out the greater marketing schemes pro and con. That's what I meant by do the work and then use the Internet to fill in any gaps or questions.

The marketing aspects that you seek to know will appear more clear as you answer these questions.

rajagursahani
10-23-2006, 10:56 PM
is that word micro dynamics a buzz word so if i google it then it will give me some info. i mean everything is basically research and deciphering it. however you seem to be under the impression that this information is in a very condensed fashion on the internet and that is hardly the case. i know you are firm but i don't understand why you would then even tease me with your first post. you could at least be helpful. thank you for the very intelligent comment flattery will get you everywhere.

raja

Mr Zabe
10-23-2006, 11:00 PM
I did my best to be of help.
Good luck. smile.gif

rajagursahani
10-23-2006, 11:07 PM
we did a quick market survey. we asked some families who were picking up capri sun whether they drank it or not with their kids. they said of course but they wished they were bigger for themselves. also they wished they had a sport top instead of using a straw. they also said that the commercials were not good because they didn't remind them of their past use with capri sun. the big deal was to trade them as they often didn't get the flavor they wanted when their parents purchased it and often they would trade as a result. so i understand what i am doing. i just need the figures to fill in the marketing strategy fluff that is necessary to present to a fictitious management (our professor). we are presenting a creative brief and marketing strategy and we are also doing a commercial. however for the ad campaign we were thinking of grabbing a still from the commercial. so these things have been thought out. i just need the data. most peopel will be making up the data. there is no way they can access this type of data unless their family members are in advertising and have paid the annual fee for this marketing research. the only plausible scenario is that they are making up the numbers. i would like to have real numbers and only seasoned professionals such as yourself can offer them. i have talked to the aba and they might help me. but beverage market research in nyc will definitely not help me because they charge for such services.

sincerely,

raja gursahani