PDA

View Full Version : Soda news from England

da987
10-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Just read in this weeks Grocer magazine, that Coke are to release Coke with Orange as a limited edition in England in summer 2007. According to the article, supermarket buyers and retailers are trying to talk Coke into releasing them for 3 month runs rather than 6 month runs, as initally they sell well and increase market share, then sales drop off and the store becomes overstoked with products that nobody wants.

Also read that Pepsi is to pull Pepsi Max Cino from stores due to lack of sales. One supermarket has already delisted it.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
10-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Coke with orange???... I envy you!

Mr Zabe
10-26-2006, 06:21 PM
MrR,
How about an orange soda pop with Coke?
I would dig an orange soda pop that has Coke highlights rather than a Coke with orange highlights if you know what I mean?

jdavidb
10-27-2006, 08:05 AM
I hope Dr Pepper follows suit. During the last year I discovered that DP is just really wonderful with orange. I think I'd had orange juice followed by a Dr Pepper, or something. Eventually it dawned on me I could go to Sonic and order it with orange syrup. Sounds weird, but I really liked it.

Coke with orange sounds a bit weird to me, but I'm not a big Coke fan. And Coke w/ lime sounded weird, too, but turned out wonderful.

jobbie
10-28-2006, 02:26 PM
I posted on here a while ago about Coke Light with orange on sale in,I think, Belgium coke light with orange (http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=004186#000000)

iowacity
10-28-2006, 02:31 PM
That sounds good.