PDA

View Full Version : New Big Red?

DPDude
01-30-2005, 04:15 AM
This might not be a new product but I ran across 12 packs of Diet Caffeine Free Big Red tonight. Anyone know anything about this?

bigrich
01-30-2005, 10:15 AM
It has been out quite a while in the All-American areas of Louisville and Seymour.

Robot
01-30-2005, 01:51 PM
I am just trying to find Diet Big Red for myself, none of it in Chicago... :(

bigrich
01-30-2005, 11:00 PM
We have plenty in Indiana. In Indianapolis American Bottling mostly brings cans in from Columbus, OH. Columbus product is very watery. Go to the south suburbs of Indianapolis and southward Big Red of Seymour (All-American Bottlers), and Tri-State in Evansville make a great quality product. The Big Red from Seymour and Louisville is so good I purposely make the drive for it. The people that live down there drink more Big Red than Coke or Pepsi products. Big Red has the most supermarket space.

DPDude
02-01-2005, 02:28 AM
Ah, Indiana. Makes sense. That's the other hot bed area for Big Red sales. In this part of the country Big Red is such an essential part of life that the local Big Red bottler is slow to introduce anything that might hurt sales of the main line. It's one of the reasons we don't have Big Red Floatz down here.

Robot
02-01-2005, 03:24 AM
whats the closest to chicago that i could get diet big red??

bigrich
02-01-2005, 09:12 PM
I am not sure since the Northern part of Indiana may be serviced(ABC)out of Northlake. Why not try calling ABC in Northlake and asking that question? I believe I have also seen it in the Quad Cities from ABC from their Ottumwa facility.

teamtitan512
02-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Northlake does regular Big Red only. They have it in 2L and Cool Packs that I've seen from CB. Not a big seller, and few stores carry it. It seems to get split here because in PA there's conflict w/Cherikee Red.

Robot
02-02-2005, 02:24 AM
ill give northlake a call, i live right near there so maybe i could even stop by.