PDA

View Full Version : BevNet reviews Vault & Zero...

CStoreCatMan
03-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Quote..."we'd have stuck with Surge" !!!

Check out the review here.

http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/vault/

karks88
03-09-2006, 11:57 AM
And yet, they hated SURGE when they reviewed it smile.gif

Mr Zabe
03-09-2006, 12:04 PM
LOL

I woke up an hour ago. I on purpose did not drink anything. I just started drinking an ice cold Vault. If I should die at this moment, I shall die knowing I just starting drinking one of the best tasting,best carbonated, best sweetened and best mouth feel new citrus soda pop rolled out in modern times. smile.gif

This new beverage is just that good to me and the masses. ;)

[ 03-09-2006, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

CStoreCatMan
03-09-2006, 12:30 PM
I still need to try it for myself. Since I work for the "Blue team" I'll have to purchase one when I'm far away from work! LOL I'll be in Vegas this weekend...maybe I'll pick one up and give it a go.

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-09-2006, 01:37 PM
A few weeks ago, I predicted that BevNET would rate Vault Zero higher than Vault because of its less syrupy consistency. I stand corrected.

DJHS

Hollow Man
03-09-2006, 02:04 PM
My comments on their review of VAULT are in their user reviews of it (http://www.bevnet.com/members/reviews/viewreviews.asp?product_id=2685) (it's the first one, at the bottom of the page). And yeah, this is a "big surprise" that they didn't like VAULT Zero.

What are the failures of the review this time? First, they say it tastes like Diet Dew, which I can't say with any certainty, but I'm pretty sure isn't the case.

Second, they dispute the "Kicks like an energy drink" motto. Note: Coke didn't say it WAS an energy drink, just that its end result is that it perks one up like said energy drink. And with the caffeine in it, it does.

The kicker of course, is that they say that the flavor is good and it's solid entry as a soda, but they only give it two stars? What the hell? Why do the ratings always have nothing to do with the review itself on this site?

I wish they'd stop catering to the tiny beverage companies (of which 90% of product I'd never be able to find near me) and admit they just love to stomp on big soda corporate.

-HM

[ 03-09-2006, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Hollow Man ]

CStoreCatMan
03-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Perhaps everyone needs to revisit the link that explains BevNet's rating system. Two stars is defined as a "good/decent" beverage. BevNet only hands 4 or 5 stars to beverages that are truly innovative and different. And I don't think Vault is that innovative. Do you? See the link to their rating explanations here...

http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/explanation.asp

Hollow Man
03-09-2006, 02:21 PM
I'll be damned if bottling tea (Anteadote) is "truly innovative and different", but it didn't stop BevNet from giving their products 4 stars.

-HM

CStoreCatMan
03-09-2006, 02:23 PM
I understand what you're saying...but is Vault or Vault Zero "truly innovative or different?" You never answered that question...

I'm not saying its not a good beverage or that it won't do well...but don't be so surprised that they don't see it as the best thing since sliced bread. Sliced bread is awesome! LOL

Hollow Man
03-09-2006, 02:28 PM
I wouldn't say that VAULT is, but I wouldn't do my ratings this way (I tend to be more of a "yes or no" guy with things like this - it tastes good and I'd drink it again, or not).

My biggest problem is that there's no consistency with their reviews. As I said, I don't find tea innovative, but that gets 4 stars?

They do give plenty of beverages (usually very independently made ones) 4 stars and up. Very few beverages made these days are truly innovative, so if this is a factor for their reviews, they should be giving out barely a handful of ratings of above 3 stars.

-HM

[ 03-09-2006, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Hollow Man ]

CStoreCatMan
03-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Completely understood and I agree with you. I haven't tried many (if any) of the beverages they give high ratings to for the reason you stated...they are usually independent and probably hard to find. Perhaps their ratings should consider DISTRIBUTION or ability to find the product!!

Here's one for ya...they gave Rockstar Juiced like 4-5 stars. Yet, Monster Khaos did the energy/juice combo long before. Then came Lost Five-O...before RS Juiced. I agree that the reviews can be very inconsistent based on examples like this. Unless RSJ is THAT good. I wouldn't know...

Hollow Man
03-09-2006, 02:36 PM
Nah, they're simply inconsistent. After all, they give Orbitz 1 star (or less), and that has to be one of the most innovative products I've ever seen. Especially for when it came out. Granted it didn't taste very good, but if originality is oh so important to BevNet's review criteria, that alone should've raised it up to AT LEAST 2 stars.

-HM

Mr Zabe
03-09-2006, 02:46 PM
The way I have come to understand is that Big Three beverages that are designed to appeal to the mass market by their definition, are what soda pops are to tap water and "elite" soda pops are to premium bottle water. In their way of thinking tap water (big three sodas)are for the commoners and premium bottle water are for the elite. Their reviews over-boost IMO the so called elite soda pops while pigeonholing the mass market soda pops,

No one can tell me that Coke,Pepsi,DrPepper and various other associated brands are anything less than four stars in the minds of the masses.

[ 03-09-2006, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

killjimmy
03-09-2006, 04:02 PM
3.5 for 7 up plus mixed berry, all those 7 up plus drinks taste disgusting to me. The only review I have really agreed with on this site is probably Bawls.

pepsidew
03-09-2006, 04:32 PM
good review - vault sucks :D

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-09-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by pepsidew:
good review - vault sucks :D If I could make the "pepsi" in your name above more bold, I would.

DJHS

Hollow Man
03-09-2006, 04:35 PM
I rate the last post 5 stars in the "threadcrapping" category.

-HM

CStoreCatMan
03-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Pepsidew - as a fellow blue guy...I appreciate your humor. Everyone else - realize his post for what it is...a nice sarcastic stab at the competition for that sake alone...you must recognize the underlying humor based on where he's coming from!

Dewman1979
03-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Vault is alright....Surge was absolute garbage.

iluvsurge220
03-11-2006, 05:35 PM
I think everyone trashing surge and or vault is nothing but garbage. Why don't you give it a rest. I think everyone on earth knows how you all feel about it. It's getting old.

Dewman1979
03-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Surge is garbage....you hanging on to such a horrible product is something you need to get over...

Mr Zabe
03-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Gee,I can barely keep my eyes open. :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

iluvsurge220
03-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Dude how old are you? You are acting like a 10 year old. If you don't like it then thats your opinion but when you are putting other people down because they like that product then thats going a little too far. I was being sarcastic about the whole "I think everyone trashing surge and or vault is nothing but garbage" part, but I meant everything else. And also, how am I hanging on to it? Is it because I have a picture of it as my display pic? If so then a bunch of other people on here have the same problem, because a bunch of the pictures are of drinks they don't make anymore. So you can have your own opinion, but don't put others down if they have the opposite opinion, its just childish. Seriously dude.

pepsidew
03-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by CStoreCatMan:
Pepsidew - as a fellow blue guy...I appreciate your humor. Everyone else - realize his post for what it is...a nice sarcastic stab at the competition for that sake alone...you must recognize the underlying humor based on where he's coming from! you got it man - just a joke guys - i personally didnt like vault - if i would have i would have admitted it to all you vault lovers

Mr Nethead
03-12-2006, 08:46 AM
just a joke guys - i personally didnt like vault - if i would have i would have admitted it to all you vault lovers Well, I'm glad you at least tried the product. But you know, you're probably enjoying some deep discounts on Dew right now, so in a way, you should love Vault too! :D

It's funny, when Dew first went on sale it was at Super Bowl time. Since then it has never stopped being on sale, and almost every gas station here has cut the price. Sweet sweet competition.

Mr Zabe
03-12-2006, 09:17 AM
IMO...Here in the USA, we have the best commercial system of demand and price. Like I said before it's a win/win situation for all us soda pop drinkers. smile.gif

SURGE
03-12-2006, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Mr Nethead:
[QUOTE]
It's funny, when Dew first went on sale it was at Super Bowl time. Since then it has never stopped being on sale, and almost every gas station here has cut the price. Sweet sweet competition. Apparently alot of regions are seeing new ads for the 99c Dew. Seems some bottlers are putting the MSRP of Dew and Diet Dew to a dollar for the foreseeable future. This is just another example of how VAULT is good for everybody- if it manages to compete well I think the 99c Dew will be around for quite awhile. Interesting to see which regions go with this new deal.