PDA

View Full Version : Vanilla Coke sighting!

Cokeologist
03-12-2006, 09:00 AM
While traveling through Lexington KY yesterday, I stopped at the Meijer's grocery store and was very surprised to find fridgepacks of Vanilla Coke right between the Classic and Black Cherry Vanilla fridgepacks. There were so many of them that if you didn't know it had been discontinued, you would think it was still a regular offering.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-12-2006, 10:44 AM
cool, all ya find here is the random expired 20 oz

[ 03-12-2006, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: Rob The SURGE Drinker ]

AzRocks
03-12-2006, 11:27 AM
one store near me still has like 7 or 8 cans left of Vanilla Coke and of Pitch Black II. I would by them all but they are ridiculosly over priced at $1.25 per can

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-12-2006, 11:32 AM
no wonder they never sold!... for that price ya can get a 20 oz bottle

pepsipimp
03-12-2006, 06:01 PM
I wonder if Lexington has the same bottler as here in Central Ohio because I had to tear down a Coke Endcap today @ Target and there was plenty, I also see it at the other stores on my route.

fusion
03-12-2006, 10:55 PM
You must have an older or unremodeled Target, because around here they give permanent endcaps to Coke and Pepsi.

I saw a few fridgepacks myself the other day at a store in eastern MD.

pepsipimp
03-13-2006, 07:34 PM
This Target just opened in July-They have two bulk end caps and we end up switching them both every time the sale changes. Its a real pain because we honestly don't sell enough 12pks @ 3/$9 to warrant having two full bulk ends, so I usually do one 12pk and one 24pk Aquafina ($4.99 everyday) because I will go through more of that than 12packs...We sold a ton when we had the Grand Opening $1.88 but ever since its just a hassle to have 2.

fusion
03-13-2006, 08:47 PM
I stand corrected. I wonder why they don't give one to Coke and one to Pepsi, permanently. That would be a lot easier.

jblaviback
03-13-2006, 09:00 PM
I didn't want to post a new topic to ask this so I thought I'd ask it hear, so is Pepsi Vanilla being discontinued?

AzRocks
03-13-2006, 09:07 PM
i hope not- but i havent seen it in a really long time so the answer is probably yes

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-13-2006, 09:41 PM
i see 12 packs at grocery stores of pepsi vanilla, and there is a vending machine at a logli that has a pepsi vanilla and diet pepsi vanilla buttons that give expired product, but the 12 packs are mostly in code

craz22
03-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Pepsi Vanilla is still fully stocked at our local Grocery...I can't bring myself to drink it, I can't support a drink that helped in the demise of one of my favorite drinks.

Vanilla Coke was discontinue why? Is Black cherry Vanilla selling any better. I have tried it, thinking maybe it still tasted like Vanilla coke but not so much.

mjb1124
03-14-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by craz22:
Pepsi Vanilla is still fully stocked at our local Grocery...I can't bring myself to drink it, I can't support a drink that helped in the demise of one of my favorite drinks.What makes you say that?

iluvsurge220
03-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Pepsi Vanilla ROCKS!!!!!!!!! $1.25 for a can of vanilla coke??? What a ripoff!!

Mr Zabe
03-14-2006, 09:44 PM
Not be a wise guy.
If Pepsi Vanilla is going to be cancelled or has all ready been canceled, a buck twenty five seems like a bargain. I mean some of our board mates travel hours just to by a few cases of their favorite soda pop. If you account for the cost of the road trip and add it to the cost of their soda pop, a buck twenty five a can is pretty cheep.

Just my opinion. smile.gif

golee1
03-14-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by fusion:
I stand corrected. I wonder why they don't give one to Coke and one to Pepsi, permanently. That would be a lot easier. The new one in Harrisonburg is the same way. It is a major pain, especially on those Sunday mornings when you're expected to have Wal-Mart worked by 8:00, Target's endcap set by 8:00, and the Kroger ad pallets set by 9:00.

pepsipimp
03-15-2006, 10:30 PM
I have the same problem, 2 Wal-Marts and a Target on Sunday suck. Usually I do WM-Supercenter first, then my Regular Wal-Mart (converting to Supercenter this year), Target, then retrip Wal-Mart Supercenter. Wal-Mart Supercenter gets pissed that I'm not there by 6:30AM meanwhile I'm in Target till 8 or 830 and the last Wal-Mart doesn't get service till 11 or noon.

AzRocks
03-16-2006, 12:17 AM
I no its insane that im paying a buck 25 for a can but its the only place that has nonexpired vanilla coke (in a can) so... i bought 4 cans- its insane what i am doing to keep vanilla coke a little longer...

EDIT: Mr. Z- now that i think about it ur right... 1.25 does seem like a little to have a soda that has been discontinued.... smile.gif

[ 03-15-2006, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: AzRocks ]

killjimmy
03-17-2006, 06:15 AM
I saw a 12 pack about an hour ago at Kroger, it was good through september....

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-18-2006, 03:16 AM
I saw this pic... and a tear rode over my cheek...(sigh)

http://www.chaoslog.net/blog/wp-content/IMG_3.jpg

iluvsurge220
03-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
Not be a wise guy.
If Pepsi Vanilla is going to be cancelled or has all ready been canceled, a buck twenty five seems like a bargain. I mean some of our board mates travel hours just to by a few cases of their favorite soda pop. If you account for the cost of the road trip and add it to the cost of their soda pop, a buck twenty five a can is pretty cheep.

Just my opinion. smile.gif Yeah that is true, but if I want to go to a c-store and get something to drink, I can walk there because there is one right down the road. I wouldn't pay $1.25 for something even if it was being discontinued but that's because I didn't spend hours finding it. I guess that if you traveled 6 hours to get something you would pay any price for it and $1.25 would be cheap. If I just walked down to the c-store and saw Vanilla Coke for that price I wouldnt think about buying it.

jmyjunk
03-20-2006, 04:16 PM
Well,
I am starting to go through my stash of Vanilla Coke.
And I miss this suprior product. and I will compare this with BCVC.
The flavor of the vanilla is full and rich, and the taste can not be beat, even if the cans have been sitting on a shelf for 2 months.
I truly hope they bring this back. What a shame
:(