PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Juice -- Straight to the discount aisle

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Our local woodmans just got the new Rockstar Juiced Energy drink/juice combo... and right when they got it, the entire shipment was sent to the discount isle and marked down to 99 cents. its a pretty good tasting drink, but i geuss our store didnt like it at all

CStoreCatMan
03-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Albertsons in Southern California REFUSED to carry this product. Why? They passed samples around their office and the word is nobody cared for it, therefore, they decided not to sell it!

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-16-2006, 05:38 PM
i do not agree with your sig.

Mr Zabe
03-16-2006, 06:31 PM
If that is true that a small group of ding bats sat in office and deep sixed a drink that could make them money......that is pretty darn bad business. They should at least try it in a few stores that do well energy sales wise,and do a test.

Please note I do not drink energy drinks. I do not like them and I am not employed in the industry. Good business is good business regardless of a group of near sighted ding bats. LOL One's taste may not reflect your core customer's taste.

[ 03-16-2006, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ron Swedelson
03-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Rockstar in general does not seem to move that well in a lot of Albertsons, and their enegy drink shelves are already packed. I remember with Red Bull, my businest Albertsons would sell on avg. 4-5 cases or Red Bull per week, and that is all 4 skus. Compared with my slowest Safeway store which sold 5 cases per week.

SpaceGuy
03-17-2006, 12:01 PM
I tell you what ... and I AM biased on the brand... but if you are open minded... I defy you not to at least like Rockstar Juiced. I liken it to nectar of the GODS (LOL). Seriously, it is worth a taste.

mjb1124
03-17-2006, 12:39 PM
I tried Monster Khaos the other day and I didn't like it much. It still had a really strong "energy drink" taste, even after I mixed some OJ on with it. Maybe I'll like Juiced more, but I haven't seen it anywhere yet.

CStoreCatMan
03-17-2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Rob The SURGE Drinker:
i do not agree with your sig. Thats fine Rob...you don't have to agree with it. I don't agree with the Surge, Vault sigs that are pretty much the same as mine. Come on, stuff like this makes these boards more fun! smile.gif

CStoreCatMan
03-17-2006, 12:43 PM
I agree with you guys who think Albertsons could have given it a chance. I mean, they would have made money just based on the simple fact that its a new item and can create some buzz. I'm sure the other retailers are taking it...I just know they are not.