PDA

View Full Version : Bevnet has CokeBlak review up, on shelves soon?

Robot
03-13-2006, 07:52 PM
anyone see coke blak on store shelves yet?

will it be on shelves this month like anticipated??

CStoreCatMan
03-13-2006, 08:02 PM
I heard April...and I agree with their review...Blak will primarily be a novelty/curiosity purchase. Its not particularly a "good" or "tasty" beverage and will go the way of the past coffee/colas like Pepsi Kona, Mazagran, etc...to the grave.

Robot
03-14-2006, 01:53 AM
i am anxious to try it; will get it day one..

i think this month also will have the new RTD starbucks in starbucks shops too.

Green River
03-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Its coffe cola,then?If it is i'm anxious to try it,cuz I never had the chance to try Pepsi Kona.Also will it be available everywhere?

Robot
03-14-2006, 02:35 AM
yah only coffee cola I had was Jolt Espresso, which I didnt like, but at the time, I didnt like coffee at all..

now i do, so i am interested in this coke/coffee combo.. my favorite soda/beverage in coca-cola with a mix of coffee.. should be interesting..

still wont be as good as a coke /w chocolate would be.

popologist
03-14-2006, 10:02 AM
the only way this product will survive is if coke starts selling it at mcdonald's and restaurants and coffee shops, etc.

still, i'd like to try it.

Mr Zabe
03-14-2006, 11:17 AM
I agree with you I will try it with an open mind.
I would be very surprised if Blak makes it past the 2 for 1 roll out specials. LOL Seriously, McDonald's and the fountain customers sell hot coffee at a nice profit I doubt they would pay more for Coke Blac's BOB/syrup and sell it for less profit.

I guess what I'm saying if Coke Blak is priced above the average price of retail soda pops, McDonald and restaurant customers would probably not be willing to pay more than the regular soda pop price. Does this make any sense?

[ 03-14-2006, 11:52 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Robot:
anyone see coke blak on store shelves yet?

will it be on shelves this month like anticipated?? Maybe in April, in fact the first teaser (or "coming soon ad")was released during the oscars...

CStoreCatMan
03-14-2006, 12:39 PM
The proposed retails I saw on Coke Blak would price it around $1.59 to $1.79 in my market. Coke figures they will price it a little below Frappuccino...however you really can't compare Blak w/Frapp - its like apples and oranges.

Ron Swedelson
03-14-2006, 12:44 PM
My dad, who ownes a few 7-11 stores, recently tried Coke Blak at some big 7-11 trade show (University of 7-Eleven, I think they called it). He said coke blak was unbelievebly good, and can't wait untill he is able to order it next month. He's not a big soda drinker, but likes coffee. I personaly will not try this drink because I can't stand the taste of anything coffee, but he says he loves is.

Green River
03-14-2006, 01:44 PM
All I know is that when it comes out I am going to buy a crap load,for it wont make it.

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-15-2006, 12:16 PM
I just saw the Coke Blak commercial on TV, has anyone else seen it?

I'm not gonna lie, I saw it during American Idol. :cool:

DJHS

Mr Zabe
03-15-2006, 12:27 PM
I saw the commercial last week and I think the week before last week. LOL I even posted a message about it.

It's a slick drark brown bottle slowly being lit in bright light. The Blac bottle is glowing with fresh droplets of water.

I thought it was very well done and for sure got my attention. I recall the spot was 15 or 20 seconds long.

[ 03-15-2006, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

jmyjunk
03-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Well the press release is up on the Coca Cola Company web site (dated today 3/15):
http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/nr_20060315_americas_welcome_blak.html

It seems the national launch date is April 3rd. Meaning, we'll start seeing it trickle in a few days, perhaps weeks before that.

[ 03-15-2006, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-15-2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by DJ HawaiianShirt:
I just saw the Coke Blak commercial on TV, has anyone else seen it?

I'm not gonna lie, I saw it during American Idol. :cool:

DJHS For those who haven't seen the commercial, here it is from announce.coca-cola.com

See Coke Blak Commercial HERE! (http://mfile.akamai.com/332/wmv/cocacola.download.akamai.com/332/announce/_media/TV/us_KOCB6513_engl_300.asx)

http://announce.coca-cola.com/coke_tm/images/coke-blak-pic.gif

BTW, I also watch American Idol too!, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays on Sony Entertainment Television www.canalsony.com... (http://www.canalsony.com)

Taylor Hicks Rules!!! :D

[ 03-15-2006, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

CStoreCatMan
03-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Hmm...quote "Coke effervescance with coffee essence." I would think the one line that is spoken in the commercial would be better than that! Just my opinion.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-16-2006, 08:38 PM
Check the new site of Coca-Cola Blak!

www.cocacolablak.com (http://www.cocacolablak.com)

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-16-2006, 11:18 PM
According to the website... it will be released in two weeks... April 3rd.

www.coca-colablak.com/us (http://www.coca-colablak.com/us)

[ 03-16-2006, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

Mr Zabe
03-16-2006, 11:21 PM
I wonder what the retail single serve sales price will be. I also wonder what the average single serve price will be.

I will buy some ASAP just because I like the rush of buying new brands when they are lunched. LOL

popologist
03-17-2006, 12:57 PM
mcdonald's is going to start selling "premium coffee drinks."

it's not unlikely that coke blak may also be added to the menu.

Mr Zabe
03-17-2006, 01:39 PM
IMO....Coke Blak would have to have one heck an amazing launch and at least 3 stellar quarters before McDonald's picks up Coke Blak.

Could Coke Blac be used with existing fountain systems/BOB? Would McDonald's want to stock bottles of Coke Blac? As of now McDonald's only sells Dasani by the bottle. Would McDonald's make similar margins as they do with soda pops?

[ 03-17-2006, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

CStoreCatMan
03-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
I wonder what the retail single serve sales price will be. I also wonder what the average single serve price will be.

I will buy some ASAP just because I like the rush of buying new brands when they are lunched. LOL Zabe...check one of my earlier posts in this thread for info on retail pricing...

popologist
03-18-2006, 11:34 AM
i imagined it being sold in bottles.

either way, mcdonald's is going after starbucks in a big way, and... if i was starbucks, i'd be a little worried.

i don't think mcdonald's will put starbucks out of business, but... when mcdonald's does something (sort of like walmart), the rest of the industry feels it.

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
IMO....Coke Blak would have to have one heck an amazing launch and at least 3 stellar quarters before McDonald's picks up Coke Blak.

Could Coke Blac be used with existing fountain systems/BOB? Would McDonald's want to stock bottles of Coke Blac? As of now McDonald's only sells Dasani by the bottle. Would McDonald's make similar margins as they do with soda pops?

[ 03-18-2006, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: popologist ]

Mr Zabe
03-18-2006, 02:10 PM
I have a different opinion.

McDonald's is in the business of hamburgers,fries and happy meals. Coffee (even the new gourmet product) dose make a good profit. Most Starbuck customers would not even consider buying their caffeine fix at McDonald's.

I see it the other way. Starbucks has just rolled out a national line up of breakfast sandwiches. They want to increase profits with food, which directly competes against McDonald's core breakfast business. (Starbuck now has hot breakfast sandwiches similar to McDonald's.)

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-18-2006, 02:58 PM
I think image is a problem. MacDonald's isn't known for stellar coffee. I myself enjoy a good cup of coffee, and while Starbucks isn't necessarily my favorite, because I drink it from time to time, having a cup at Micky D's is almost unbearable.

Not to mention that the business crowd doesn't think of Mickey D's as an option for their morning coffee, like Zabe said. Starbucks offers an efficient yet "hip" atmosphere when waiting in line for coffee, as opposed to screaming 3-year-olds waiting for their pancakes and OJ.

DJHS

ShempMoDin
03-18-2006, 10:48 PM
I got to taste Coke Blak this week... It's ok.

The coffee taste comes on fairly strong, then seemingly fades to a diet coke flavor. Then, there's a slight coffee aftertaste.

I'm glad I got a chance to try it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it. I drank one bottle, but the other is up on a shelf now, because I suspect this stuff won't last long.

Mr Zabe
03-18-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the review. I would rather it error on the sugar/HFCS side then having a diet coke taste.
I would like Coke Blac to be more of a "reward" beverage that has a sweetness (a touch less) of say Yoo Hoo or Starbucks bottle coffee drinks.

I still will give Coke Blac a try.

Green River
03-18-2006, 11:15 PM
"I'm glad I got a chance to try it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it. I drank one bottle, but the other is up on a shelf now, because I suspect this stuff won't last long."

Exactly what I was thinking,i'm gonna buy all of it at once since it wont last long.

CCE Girlie
03-23-2006, 11:39 PM
I hear if you like coffee you will love Blak. When is the launch date though?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-23-2006, 11:50 PM
April 3rd (probably)

Countdown in www.cocacolablak.com (http://www.cocacolablak.com/us)

[ 03-24-2006, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

CStoreCatMan
03-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by CCE Girlie:
I hear if you like coffee you will love Blak. When is the launch date though? I LOVE coffee....but I can't say that for Blak. I think Zabe made a great point about using sugar or HFCS instead of Diet Coke. I know they wanted to keep calories down...but without that sugar, I think Blak loses the "indulgence" that its trying to provide the consumer.

CStoreCatMan
03-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
i imagined it being sold in bottles.

either way, mcdonald's is going after starbucks in a big way, and... if i was starbucks, i'd be a little worried.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

Coke Blak will do little or nothing to Starbucks, bottled Frappuccino, etc. Comparing Blak to a Starbucks coffee, bottled Frapp, etc. is like apples and oranges. I personally don't think Blak will draw the same consumers that enjoy a Starbucks or Frappuccino. Starbucks has nothing to be afraid of. Heck, Coke will be lucky if this item lasts into 2007 IMO.

DMC
03-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Coke Blak is a totally different beverage than Starbucks Frappucinno's.

I've had it, and it's decent, though it's unfair for me to judge, as i don't really like coffee.

as far as it going on store shelves, we're launching it April 11th.

jmur
03-29-2006, 10:59 PM
i found this today @ parkway drugs. they come in 4-packs, and were 2.99. they were not cold, so they are in my fridge, so i havent tried one yet. so if anyone in the utica area is looking for this, its out.

if anyone wants a picture, let me know

[ 03-29-2006, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: jmur ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by DMC:
I've had it, and it's decent, though it's unfair for me to judge, as i don't really like coffee. DMC, that is enough to know that Coca-Cola Blak will be great!, I wish I could try one!

I wish this product would came to Mexico, I'll cross my fingers!

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-03-2006, 02:06 AM
Coke Blak arrives today and the site now says "now in stores"... so...

On your marks... set... GO!

Wait for your reviews! :D

[ 04-03-2006, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]