PDA

View Full Version : Big Bens cola from Catawissa Bottling Co.

dr pepperman
01-09-2000, 02:52 PM
I just purchased and consumed a bottle of Big Bens Hearty Cola. Not bad for something I never heard of. Its bottled by the Catawissa Bottling Co. out of Catawissa Pa. I purchased at a Super Duper in Clarkstown Pa. not to far from Catawissa acording to Rand Macnally. This came in a glass 30floz bottle with a paper label. Other flavors plus the cola also came in 30oz bottles many of which had Big Ben labels slapped over painted labels for other beverage companies which I imagine are now defunct. The bottles are returnable for a 30 cent deposit. I've never seen this in the big chains or quick marts in the Williamsport/Muncy Pa area. Does Catawissa bottle their own,or does someone else do it? Where else in Pa can it be found? Why did I put htis under general discussion and not product locater?
They also had orange,root beer and several others. Any info appreciated. Thanks

King John
03-12-2000, 09:18 PM
Cattawissa Bottling company is the last of a dying breed. They bottle sodas themselves in a small plant in Cattawissa. You can get several sizes of returnable glass bottles, as well as 20 oz PET bottles. In addition to Big Ben's, they bottle Moxie. They are nice people. If you can find it, a trip to the bottling plant is interesting.

dr pepperman
11-12-2001, 09:38 PM
Just bought some more of this product. They have a new label now. The reuse clear and green bottles from Ma's Root Beer, A Treat, and one other company. Strange thing, I swear the 20oz plastic Birch Beer was clear in some bottles and blue in others.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
I am not affiliated with any beverage company!!

BottleBoss
04-23-2005, 02:51 AM
They have Golden, Dark, Red, Clear, and Blue Birch Beer. All very good. The different colors threw me off at first to.