PDA

View Full Version : CCE 4th quarter

golee1
02-13-2007, 12:40 PM
http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/13/news/companies/bc.cocacolaenterprises.results.reut/index.htm?postversion=2007021309

and so it goes

greg
02-13-2007, 01:22 PM
WOW!

popologist
02-13-2007, 01:31 PM
yeah. i've heard that aluminum costs were higher... as well as corn syrup (because of ethanol demand... which is raising the price on all corn products).

Mr Zabe
02-13-2007, 01:34 PM
It does seem to be the sign of the times. :(

[ 02-13-2007, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by popologist:
yeah. i've heard that aluminum costs were higher... as well as corn syrup (because of ethanol demand... which is raising the price on all corn products). True... here there's a lot of controversy because of the raise in the price of tortillas...

SamC
02-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Without getting into politics, two things may change the soda industry, for the better, in the next decade.

First, eventually the Cuban dictatorships, like all dictatorships eventually do, will die. Second, if the USA is serious about the whole ethanol issue, the price of corn will increase.

This combination may result in a lower price for sugar (with then end of the Cuban embargo) and a higher price for HFCS (with the corn having another use). This might result in sugar becoming the cheeper sweetener and see its return to the soda industry.

Ron Swedelson
02-14-2007, 10:29 AM
I saw on the new, Coke is going to lay off 5% of their workforce. 3,500 people I believe.

SURGE
02-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by SamC:
Without getting into politics, two things may change the soda industry, for the better, in the next decade.

First, eventually the Cuban dictatorships, like all dictatorships eventually do, will die. Second, if the USA is serious about the whole ethanol issue, the price of corn will increase.

This combination may result in a lower price for sugar (with then end of the Cuban embargo) and a higher price for HFCS (with the corn having another use). This might result in sugar becoming the cheeper sweetener and see its return to the soda industry. This is so true and quite hopefull. At the very least it will increase the incentive to make 50/50 mixes or special sugar versions (Passover style). Not matter your politics the opening up of Cuba would be great for the U.S. soda industry.

ChrisPC
02-20-2007, 05:49 PM
It would be ironic if cane sugar in soda comes back due to price. Because of ethanol demand, the price of corn has skyrocketed. Tortilla prices have tripled in Mexico, and people are picketing in the streets.

XLS_04
02-21-2007, 03:09 AM
that would be nice if sugar was used again but they will most likely find something even cheaper than corn syrup and sugar and use that instead.