PDA

View Full Version : Anyone won anything good from soda contests?

y0g1bare
02-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Bottle caps, pin numbers, that sort of thing. I myself have only won free sodas or bags of chips, but there's got to be people on this board who've won interesting stuff.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
02-13-2007, 06:15 PM
I remember around 1998 there was a promotion of Ruffles potato chips where in the bag you could find a coupon for a can of Pepsi, I changed several coupons...

In the current Coke promotion called Konec-T, I won a CD of a texano group called "Intocable"... but I haven't received it yet... :(

And my sister once gave me a winning cap for a free Fanta, the next day I was going to change it for a Fanta Tamarind, but that exact day the promotion ended... dang!

[ 02-13-2007, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: Ram0n C0keah0lic ]

greg
02-13-2007, 06:41 PM
Back when I was a territory manager I was helping a route salesman fill vending machines from broken cases of Sunkist. We won a tishirt from one 12pk and a skateboard form another. I tried to give the coupons to the Store manager at Publix but he was fresh from Publix University and was a fraid of taking 'freebies" so I ended up giving the skateboard to my nephew( btw, it was a decent skateboard, just decent)

iWrestle
02-13-2007, 11:25 PM
I'm not sure which soda or other beverage I won these from, but I won two college basketball jerseys. It was around the NCAA basketball tournament a few years back, I know that much. However, I didn't get to pick the size so they came back much too big for me. They are just collecting dust in my closet.

fusion
02-14-2007, 12:05 AM
My share of $250,000 from Canada Dry when they partnered with the NHL. Under the cap was a name of a team, plus a number of games. If that team won the cup in that number of games, you won. I found a cap on a damaged 2 liter bottle in a store.

My share was about $80.

I've also gotten free 12 packs, t-shirts, and trinkety stuff.

iluvsurge220
02-14-2007, 02:30 AM
I have won 3 college basketball jerseys from Mountain Dew for getting the team under my cap that won the NCAA Tournament, I did also win a Road Rules T-Shirt from Citra a long time ago, but I never sent the bottle cap in so I never got it :( . Also, when I was little I liked Sprite. They always had a promo going on, and it seems like everytime I bought a 20 oz, I won a free 20 oz. Then when Surge came out, I would win a free 20 oz. at least 1 out of every 2 that I bought. My family couldn't believe that I won so much, they thought it was just luck or something!! I would say that altogether I have probably won close to 100 free 20 oz.'s in my lifetime. I still have a cap for a free 20 oz. Surge. It expired November 17, 1997. What happened is that I lost it, and then 2 or 3 years later after they quit making surge, I found it and decided to keep it so I would have a little something to remind me of Surge. It is probably one of my most prized possessions. Besides that, I can't think of anything else I have won, but I'm sure there is something. If I think of it, I will let you all know lol!!