PDA

View Full Version : I have made a decision!!

iluvsurge220
03-15-2006, 01:43 AM
For the past few weeks I haven't drank any pop but Vault. Then I noticed I was running out of pop and all they have at college is Pepsi products so I decided to buy a 12-pack of Mountain Dew. I opened a can and took a drink and I was terribly disgusted!! It was so bitter and the aftertaste was absolutely horrendous!! Vault is so much better tasting,really Im sorry but your taste buds have to be wacko if you think Mountain Dew has a better taste or aftertaste than Vault. I have decided that I am never gonna drink Mountain Dew out of a can again. It is decent out of the fountain and not too great in 20 oz.'s. Sorry but from a long time MD drinker, I'm proud to be giving it up.I dont know what I'm gonna do with the last 10 cans Ive got. I guess I will find some way to drink them down.

iluvsurge220
03-15-2006, 01:45 AM
Hey guys for those who haven't tried Vault please try it. You don't know what you are missing.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-15-2006, 02:32 AM
I wish I could... :(

Mr Zabe
03-15-2006, 09:19 AM
As my third cousin removed twice on my Mama's side of the family use to say. "Never judge a donkey by the looks of it's as$." LOL

IMO...Check the use by date of that fridge pack of Mountain Dew. When I buy fresh Mountain Dew I still totally enjoy it even in light of the fact that Vault is tastings so awesome I had to put my taste buds on mood stabilizers. LOL

I have enough love for both of them just like children. smile.gif

Hollow Man
03-15-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm one of the biggest VAULT fans on the planet. However, I have to tell you that I suspect you're simply really accustomed to VAULT if for some reason you don't like Dew anymore. I had a Mountain Dew on a plane Feb 4th, and it was just fine. It was even in an expired can!

Do I prefer VAULT to Dew? Yes - it's lighter to me and has more of an orangy-citrusy taste that I personally happen to dig. But Dew is still a good drink too.

-HM

mjb1124
03-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah, I'm also thinking that you may have just had a bad can...

pepsidew
03-15-2006, 08:50 PM
thats funny because i like dew out of a can better then out of the bottle - but i like livewire out of the bottle better then out of the can - :D crazy i know

iluvsurge220
03-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Yeah I like livewire better in the bottle as well. As for the plain mountain dew, I have liked it for a while but the after taste really has always bothered me. Maybe it just seemed worse after drinking a lot of Vault. I drank one today and it was better. The expiration date is September 11 2006!!! Wow FREAKY!!! Maybe thats why it tasted so bad!! :confused: Really I like Mountain Dew so I think you all are right. It must have been that I was drinking so much Vault I got used to that taste and then Mountain dew was different so it tasted different. Thanks for helping me realize this. I dont think I would have been able to give up Dew anyways. Its good stuff.

Hollow Man
03-16-2006, 09:05 AM
I doubt it was the date. I've found one's state-of-mind can easily affect the way things taste. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a pop, but once I start drinking it, I say, "Blech, this isn't tasting good today." But the next day the same thing can taste great.

-HM

iluvsurge220
03-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Yeah I know exactly what you mean Hollow Man. Oh yeah and I take back the decision I made by the way. Mountain Dew is pretty awesome!!