PDA

View Full Version : HFCS vs Cane Sugar

David J.
02-20-2007, 11:34 PM
OK, when I was in the abroad, I found that I prefer Cane Sugar Pepsi over Cane Sugar Coke. But since Cane Sugar cola's are rare in the states, I have to settle for HFCS, and I prefer HFCS Coke over HFCS Pepsi.

Is anyone else the same way?

Mr Zabe
02-21-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm just the opposite. HFCS Pepsi tastes better than HFCS Coke. Actually the only way I enjoy HFCS Coke is with a salty (high sodium) meal. HFCS Pepsi rocks my world either way.

[ 02-21-2007, 06:21 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Android
02-21-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't like either one. The only HFCS cola I can drink is RC.

ColaFan
02-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Cane sugar is the best and my favorite.
Splenda/ Ace K is my 2nd favorite
HFCS makes you fat.

doug1885
02-22-2007, 05:23 PM
I find both Pepsi and Coke more "refreshing" with cane sugar (with a bit more citrus coming through), but it pales in comparison to the flavor-bouquet that cane sugar Dr Pepper achieves over the standard HFCS variety. IMHO, of course.

-Doug
P.S. With the corn demand for ethanol increasing, any chance that this will result, eventually, in more sodas using sucrose? (I HOPE!)

DJ HawaiianShirt
02-23-2007, 10:44 AM
David, no one will disagree with you that HFCS is better than cane sugar.

And for the two colas, well, that battle has been going on for about a century.

Mr Zabe
02-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Good point.

David J.
02-23-2007, 12:44 PM
No, I don't think HFCS is better than cane sugar... but I find it funny my preferences are swaped when the sweetener is changed.

Tom Servo
02-25-2007, 03:47 PM
The only HFCS sweetened drinks I enjoy on a regular basis are RC, Cherry RC, Pibb Xtra and Dr Pepper. They all have good flavor profiles as is.

Occasionally I'll have a HFCS Coke. But I very much prefer the cane sugar version of it and Pepsi. If Pepsi/Coke sold cane sugar versions in the US that were widely available, I'd definitely drink more of each. I don't like HFCS Pepsi at all.

Dublin Dr Pepper is a wonderful beverage but hard to get ahold of. To me, it and regular Dr Pepper are both good, with unique tastes.

I'd love it if Jolt went back to sugar. I miss the tooth-aching goodness after chugging an entire bottle.