PDA

View Full Version : Sunkist Cherry Limeade?

Green River
03-18-2006, 01:09 AM
Is this soda still being made?I saw one 20 oz at walmart and it was behind a sunkist orange,the only one in the whole store.So i'm guessing its been discontinued,I had never even heard of it before :confused:

the saint
03-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Yes I seen it at the beginning of this week in DFW area store while there on vacation.

wonkapete
03-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Anybody want to trade? I'd love to try this soda!

iluvsurge220
03-20-2006, 04:09 PM
Wow it sounds pretty good. I've never even heard of it lol!!

Green River
03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
Wow it sounds pretty good. I've never even heard of it lol!! I know,I should've bought it :(

The King
03-21-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm now seeing it in fridgepacks in SoCal. Last week I saw it in 2 Liters, so I think it's making its way around.

Mr Zabe
03-21-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm very excited. I love lemonade (Tropicana or Minitmade). I would really dig a nice carbonated lemonade with cherry. I hope Sunkist has done a good job with this.

JordanE
03-25-2006, 03:14 PM
After seeing this thread I thought I'd have go out and find some. Heres my qicky review plus some pics if you haven't seen the packaging yet.

Sorry in advance for the crappy picturs this is with my $5 digcam lol.

Picture1 (http://usera.imagecave.com/NoFear/sk1.jpg)

Picture2 (http://usera.imagecave.com/NoFear/sk2.jpg)

The Limeade
I personally was hopping for a much stronger lime taste. But instead it just starts with a small sour lime taste and than gets lost into a very strong cherry cream flavor. Not what I was hopping for.

The Cherry
IMO this has one of the worst cherry tastes i've ever had. I was really hopping for a nice easy cherry taste but instead what I got was a really over powerd cherry cough syrup taste. I would have thought that the limeade would have been the main flavor with a nice light suddle cherry flavor. Needless to say this is not the case.

Cream?
This was something I really wasn't expecting. The whole drink has very creamy texture. And than finishes with a light cream taste. Ironically this might be the most well done flavor in the entire drink, However it dosen't really have a place in limeade.

Overall
I can see this probuct doing okay. Fans of big red and maybe redflash will probably like it as it pretty much tastes like big red with alittle bit of lime and a shot of cream.

1 out of 5 stars.

[ 03-25-2006, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: JordanE ]

Mr Zabe
03-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the excellent review. Very well done.

JordanE
03-26-2006, 05:04 AM
Thanks Mr Zabe.

I'm kind of intrested in what other people think of this product, taste verys from person to person.

iluvsurge220
03-27-2006, 07:27 PM
I found it, and it's ok. Not great.

Green River
03-31-2006, 05:06 PM
I bought some today finally, from chevron and it was decent.

jstylzz
03-31-2006, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Green River:
I bought some today finally, from chevron and it was decent. What Chevron was that at, Green River? I still can't find it here in the valley.

Have you seen Berries and Cream anywhere yet?

Green River
04-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by jstylzz:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Green River:
I bought some today finally, from chevron and it was decent. What Chevron was that at, Green River? I still can't find it here in the valley.

Have you seen Berries and Cream anywhere yet? </font>[/QUOTE]I bought it from the chevron in South Ogden,so about 45 mins. from Salt Lake.It has an A&W in the station if that helps.It really just tastes sort of like cherry cough medicine,like most cherry sodas.About the berries and cream,I haven't seen it yet. :(

[ 04-01-2006, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Green River ]

jstylzz
04-04-2006, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the info, GR. I found both Dr. Pepper B&C and the Sunkist Cherry Limeade today at a 7-11 in West Valley. I enjoyed the Cherry Limeade, saving the DP for my wife!

chrisok
04-04-2006, 07:16 PM
It popped up here in OKC as well. I thought it was very artificial tasting. Guess I'll stick with a real cherry limeade if the mood for one hits me.

[ 04-04-2006, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: chrisok ]