PDA

View Full Version : Coke & Pepsi in the same machine

bullman
03-19-2006, 05:18 PM
If you own a generic machine that is not branded in any way, what is the general concensus out there about putting Coke & Pepsi in the same machine?

The reason I ask is because convenience stores do it all the time with their refrigeration units. To make it easier for customers to find their drinks, they may have Pepsi on one side and Coke on the other, but somewhere in between their products blend together. Curious to see what you all think.

Mr Zabe
03-19-2006, 05:26 PM
IMO...1000% YES...put in Coke,Pepsi and Dr Pepper. Assuming a 8 slot machine.

Coke
Pepsi
Dr Pepper
Diet Coke
Diet Pepsi
Mountain Dew
7up
Aquafina Water

Note this line up is what I think would sell best for a local Chicago machine. Your area will probably have a different line up.

[ 03-19-2006, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-19-2006, 05:33 PM
The local 7-11 around here organizes the coolers according to type of soda. All the colas are in a section, then the lemon-limes, then the citrus, energy drinks, etc. I didn't think you could do that, but then again, I guess if it's your store, you can do what you want.

DJHS

ithastabeshasta
03-19-2006, 06:15 PM
If you own a vending machine even if it is branded there is no reason you cannot put coke and pepsi in the same machine. I did it all the time when I was in vending.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-19-2006, 11:32 PM
i went to a bank today and they had an old pepsi machine and it had pepsi stickers, coke stickers, a&w rootbeer stickers, and dasani....

Mr Zabe
03-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Did you buy a can and was it fresh? Just a soda pop freak sort of question. LOL

killjimmy
03-20-2006, 12:58 AM
we have pepsi machines all over the place at my work but they have coke and diet coke (in addition to several pepsi products).

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-20-2006, 01:16 AM
no, i did not buy one, as i was depositing money... :( next time i am getting some, i will buy one and see if its in code or what

popologist
03-20-2006, 09:39 AM
Sprite instead of 7Up, and Coke Zero instead of Diet Pepsi.

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
IMO...1000% YES...put in Coke,Pepsi and Dr Pepper. Assuming a 8 slot machine.

Coke
Pepsi
Dr Pepper
Diet Coke
Diet Pepsi
Mountain Dew
7up
Aquafina Water

Note this line up is what I think would sell best for a local Chicago machine. Your area will probably have a different line up.

[ 03-20-2006, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: popologist ]

Mr Zabe
03-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Acrtually I wanted to put in Budwiser. LOL

Mana211
03-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Assuming a 8 slot machine my slots would be:

C2
Coke Zero
Dr Pepper*
Mello Yello
Diet DR Pepper
Diet Coke
Caffiene Free Diet Coke

Although if a cane sugar Coke or cane sugar DR Pepper was available I'd sub out that * slot for whichever cane product I had.

Mana211
03-21-2006, 01:23 PM
To clarify, regular HFCS Coke wouldn't get a slot in my machine as DR Pepper would edge it out on taste and if I had a cane sugar product I'd use a sticker or the biggest signage I could fit on the machine to advertise that I had a cane sugar soda stocked.

Dude111
03-23-2010, 05:36 PM
I have only seen COKE AND PEPSI in the same fountain machene IN GAS STATIONS. (4 in my area have both)

At one the COKE usually tastes out of this world good.....

Im not sure why restaurants and such dont carry both,maybe they think there will be problems i dunno.......

Mana211
03-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Assuming a 8 slot machine my slots would be:

C2
Coke Zero
Dr Pepper*
Mello Yello
Diet DR Pepper
Diet Coke
Caffiene Free Diet Coke

Although if a cane sugar Coke or cane sugar DR Pepper was available I'd sub out that * slot for whichever cane product I had.

Well no more C2 so I'd change the list to

Coke Zero
Cherry Coke Zero or Coke Zero Cherry however it's named this year
Cane Product 1*
Dr Pepper or Cane product 2*
Diet Dr. Pepper
Caffiene Free Diet Coke
Sprite Zero
Mello Yello

Given my area and what I've seen on shelves I'd put Pepsi throwback as cane product 1 until someone gets their act together and starts putting DP with cane sugar or Coke with cane sugar in 12 cans at a reasonable price.

If the price was low enough I might put Mountain Dew throwback in place of the Dr Pepper in the cane 2 slot just because I know I can't get DP cane at a reasonable cost around here and I'd rather promote cane drinks over the otherwise superior flavor mix of DP or Coke.

Of course I'd adjust the list if DP ever gets off it's duff and reformulates it's diet list to include ace-k or if coke ever does the same for caffeine free making it a zero variant.