PDA

View Full Version : Black Cherry Vanilla a Flop?

MATHA531
03-25-2006, 07:51 AM
BCV and DBCV coke has been very conspicuous by its absence around these parts recently...can it be another flop by the cc company?

pepsidew
03-25-2006, 08:39 AM
it seems to have really slowed down around here, alot of backstock in all of my accounts, but that could be because they were ordering way too much in the beginning and havent sent any back. i like the reg bcv - i hope it sticks around for awhile.

popologist
03-25-2006, 12:36 PM
have they really advertised it at all?

i tasted the diet version and... it wasn't bad, but i won't buy it again, either. the vanilla just tastes too artificial to me.

i didn't like diet vanilla coke either, for the same reason.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
03-25-2006, 04:44 PM
its sales have slowed waaaay down here also

pepsidew
03-25-2006, 05:04 PM
drinking some now, picked up a 2liter bottle today - had to look thru them to find one that wasnt close dated - you can tell alot if the product isnt turning

Mr Zabe
03-25-2006, 05:50 PM
I agree,it appears that Coca Cola has either eased back or stopped advertising BCVC. I too get the sense when I go the grocery stores that it is not selling the way one would have imagined some months ago after it's roll out.

I just do not understand how Coca Cola launches good to very good brand/brand extensions and then reduces or appears to stop marketing them.

MrR, I would like to hear your expert opinion on this.(Said with respect. smile.gif ),please.

[ 03-25-2006, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Sure MrZ. ...! smile.gif

I'm surprised that BCV Coke sales and distribution are slowing down, it's such a great product! In fact I still have one bottle of this great soda. But unfortunately, here's another example that people don't want more sweetest sodas so they stop buying it and as a result they start disappearing, sadly this phenomenon is happening with Vanilla Coke, it happened with Coca-Cola vainilla in Mexico, and now with BCV Coke... :(

I'm very disappointed, cause BCV Coke IMO it has a great taste...

[ 03-25-2006, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

fusion
03-25-2006, 07:01 PM
There were a lot of commercials on the Wal-Mart in-store tv network.

Our 2 liters are coming dated June 5th, so we are in pretty good shape up here.

I still say it tastes 100% better than Vanilla Coke.

Mr Zabe
03-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Well said. BCVC rocks. smile.gif

AzRocks
03-25-2006, 11:50 PM
VC was my favorite soda (and it will be until i finsh my 4 remaining cans)

IMO, BCVC is OK... but not as good as VC

mjb1124
03-26-2006, 12:04 AM
Black Cherry Vanilla Coke has really grown on me, especially the diet version. IMHO, it tastes like what Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper should've tasted like - it's similar to CVDP, but with a more pronounced vanilla flavor.

XLS_04
03-26-2006, 04:17 AM
It would help if the logo did not look so close to Coca-Cola classc logo.

Coca-Cola with Lime and Coca-Cola cherry ... they seem to all look the same unless you read the small print under the logo.

Vanilla Coke stood right out, the logo's for the flavored brands had their own identity and was able to get attention.

pepsidew
03-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by fusion:

I still say it tastes 100% better than Vanilla Coke. i'd agree, i even like black cherry vanilla coke better then cherry coke. its weird how i dislike vanilla coke but like cherry coke, and i dislike cherry pepsi but like pepsi vanilla. i think the vanilla in black cherry vanilla coke is alot better then reg vanilla coke - who know i'm no coke expert smile.gif

nWoAssassin94
03-29-2006, 05:09 AM
I hope Coca-Cola Black Cherry Vanilla fails and they bring back Vanilla Coke sometime this year (More than likely, they'd call it Coca-Cola Vanilla). I've drank BCV in 20 oz. bottles and 12 oz. cans and I'm still not impressed with it. I loved Vanilla Coke from the moment I first tried it back in 2001-02, and I was disappointed to see it go. I'll admit, I didn't drink it that much for quite a while, but that was only because I drank it a lot when it first came out and because I discovered other drinks that I liked.

Theta Sigma
04-03-2006, 03:27 AM
I have consistently hated every Coke flavor since Cherry Coke was introduced. There simply isn't a good blend of flavors, and that was only MORE noticable with the recent additions.

I have problems with the standard Cherry Coke too, but rather than taste like the original diner-born Coke and U-bet syrup mix Coke tried to copy, their version is more palatable than the later blends. It's still a far cry from that wonderful mix of cherry syrup and Coke, but it's drinkable.

Let BCV die.

[ 04-03-2006, 02:36 AM: Message edited by: Theta Sigma ]

Mr Nethead
04-03-2006, 02:31 PM
I had been drinking a lot of BCVC until Vault came out. I know that Vault and BCVC target different demographics, but I can't help but wonder if Vault did steal some of BCVC's thunder.

I did buy a bottle of BCVC the other day. I was surprised when I noticed it expired the very next day. Don't stores usually take soda off the shelves before it gets that close to expiration?

jmyjunk
04-03-2006, 02:46 PM
BCVC is not a superior drink, unlike that of Vanilla Coke, or Dr. Pepper Berries and Cream.
This product taste like it was rushed to market IMHO. I had a can yesterday from the machine at my condo complex. I didn't even finished it, as the cherry and vanilla flavor don't work well together in this particular product. Plus Coke did not put that much marketing on this product before the national launch of Vault.
I hope to see the failure of this product, not in the hope to see Vanilla Coke back,(which I hope) but to show that a product with a bad formulation and lack of marketing will ultimate fail.

jblaviback
04-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Jmy I agree with you except for your last point, I hope it fails so they bring vanilla back! :D

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-04-2006, 04:05 PM
Canadian Fellas!

According to www.icoke.ca (http://www.icoke.ca) , Black Cherry Vanilla Coke regular and light is now in Canada and you could win 1 of 3 trips to see the NHL Stanley Cup playoff game...

More info on www.icoke.ca (http://www.icoke.ca)

jmyjunk
04-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by jblaviback:
Jmy I agree with you except for your last point, I hope it fails so they bring vanilla back! :D I hope so too. I do miss it.

jmyjunk
04-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Funny, the Canadian French version is cerise vanille or Cherry Vanilla. What no Cherise Noir Vaninlle?

[ 04-04-2006, 05:26 PM: Message edited by: jmyjunk ]

jmyjunk
04-04-2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by jmyjunk:
Funny, the Canadian French version is cerise vanille or Cherry Vanilla. What no Cherise Noir Vanille?

jmyjunk
04-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Funny, the Canadian French version is cerise vanille or Cherry Vanilla. What no Cherise Noir Vanille?

SURGE
04-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Seems like a slow seller in most areas I've seen. Just another in the never-ending less and less successful cola brand extensions which seem to be appearing and dissapearing everyday. Coke really needs to stop just throwing less and less compelling products out there and focus on a quality commonsence lineup of extensions- Perhaps lemon or lime, cherry, and vanilla, plus all the diets ect. BCVC is a product nobody asked for (unlike VC or a version of a vanilla Coka) and there really doesn't seem much market for it. I cant image that these extensions are doing a ton for volume either. Sure VC brought in some younger people but the rest of them seem to just take share from classic. They arn't all bad but they need to be more well thought out.

jmyjunk
04-04-2006, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by SURGE:
Seems like a slow seller in most areas I've seen. Just another in the never-ending less and less successful cola brand extensions which seem to be appearing and dissapearing everyday. Coke really needs to stop just throwing less and less compelling products out there and focus on a quality commonsence lineup of extensions- Perhaps lemon or lime, cherry, and vanilla, plus all the diets ect. BCVC is a product nobody asked for (unlike VC or a version of a vanilla Coka) and there really doesn't seem much market for it. I cant image that these extensions are doing a ton for volume either. Sure VC brought in some younger people but the rest of them seem to just take share from classic. They arn't all bad but they need to be more well thought out. I totaly agree. Coke seems to be playing "me too"
BCVC is a response to DPCV. No questions in my mind.

fusion
04-04-2006, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Mr Nethead:

I did buy a bottle of BCVC the other day. I was surprised when I noticed it expired the very next day. Don't stores usually take soda off the shelves before it gets that close to expiration? Nope. That's the bottler's reponsibility.

Etoile
04-05-2006, 11:43 PM
Black Cherry Vanilla still seems to be going great around here - though I have noticed VC disappearing, actually.

nWoAssassin94
04-06-2006, 02:54 AM
Vanilla Coke is disappearing because it has been discontinued. It is now VERY hard to find in most areas.

xJABBERWOCKx
04-07-2006, 01:53 PM
This product was advertised on American Idol before they started concentrating more on Coke Blak. It was pretty good to try as a novelty, but not something I would repeatedly purchase. I'm just not the biggest fan of Coke in general, especially in these big non-cold conducting PET bottles, the only option of beverage container around most anywhere, unless you buy a 12 pack. My heart will not be broken if BCVC goes the way of its departed brothers.

Rob The SURGE Drinker
04-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Mr Nethead:
I did buy a bottle of BCVC the other day. I was surprised when I noticed it expired the very next day. Don't stores usually take soda off the shelves before it gets that close to expiration? same here, in woodmans they were having a sale on it, and it was 50 cents for a 2 liter, but it expired the next day.

jmur
04-07-2006, 07:22 PM
i loooooove BCV Coke. its taste to me is unique. i really hope it doesnt get discontinued - but i do hope they decide to keep it & bring back vanilla coke.

AzRocks
04-09-2006, 12:15 PM
:( i drank can number 2 of 5 of VC yesterday... only 3 cans left- i plan to finish them by the time that they expire on July 31 :( :(