PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Juice Storage

Mr Zabe
03-25-2006, 01:24 PM
I had a can of frozen of Minute Made lime 14% lime juice resting in my freezer for just about a year. The use by date was 7/16/06.

Ok here is the question. The can was stored on the top door self of the freezer. My freezer is set on high and can freeze ice cubes in about an hour or so. The can of lime juice was not completely frozen. It had maybe a 1/4 of an inch of juice that was not frozen. It looked ok,smelled ok and tasted ok. Do you think was ok to drink?

By the way I drank 3 short tumblers of it. If I should die, please bury me with a can of Pepsi and a can of Coke in my hands and a can of Dr Pepper wedged in my mouth. LOL

[ 03-25-2006, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

the saint
03-25-2006, 07:41 PM
The part that wasn't frozen was probably the suger solution that is in the concentrate. Unless your freezer gets to well below zero it more than likely will not freeze solid.

DJ HawaiianShirt
03-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Yo Zabe, cold air sinks and warm air rises. It's possible that the last bit of juice will freeze if you store it in the back of your freezer on the bottom.

DJHS

Mr Zabe
03-25-2006, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback.
I drank some around 12pm.
I'm alive and my systems are up and running. LOL
Next time I buy frozen juice I will put it in the back of the bottom shelf.

By the way the Minute Maid (Coke) website is worthless. You guys helped the most. smile.gif

[ 03-25-2006, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]