PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Mist boots 7-UP

drpep
06-22-2002, 06:24 PM
Pepsi Bottling Group will replace 7-UP with Sierra Mist in all of its marketing areas by 2003.

xlogold
06-22-2002, 11:30 PM
Why? Who will bottle 7up????

Polar beverages bottles it here.

bigbottom
06-23-2002, 12:44 AM
It's really not an issue of who will bottle it. It's an even bigger issue as to how will they get the same coverage from the Cadbury system? There will be many holes and potentially a lot of opportunity for smaller distributors?

Hell Cadbury bought Nantucket but it has not left the third tier system. A sign of things to come? This is going to get interesting! :eek: :confused:

PhillyCoke
06-23-2002, 09:07 PM
The bottlers who handle the rest of the Cadbury lineup will most likely take control of 7UP bottling. In parts of Maryland, the Pepsi bottlers bottle 7up, while the Canada Dry bottlers are left with the rest of the line.

JACK
06-24-2002, 08:24 AM
Cadbury should pull Dr Pepper from PBG anywhere they drop 7Up.

sodasommelier
06-24-2002, 11:20 AM
Of course, I'm sure the Pepsi bottlers asked their customers first which they prefer before making this decision, right?

xlogold
06-24-2002, 11:31 AM
I agree about Cadburry pulling Dr.Pepper from the Pepsi bottlers that are doing this.

There really confident that Sierra Mist is a better drink I suppose.

I like all 3 lemon-lime drinks honestly.

SURGE
06-25-2002, 01:11 PM
I doubt Pepsi thinks Sierra is better than 7UP but I'm sure that they think its close enough and that most people will switch. Plus I bet Pepsi makes more % off of slaes of mist cuz they don't have to pay DPSU any licensing costs and stuff. Hmmm I'm sure American Bott. Comp. will get it here, still I would love if CCE took it in. I wonder if my local Pepsi will lose Dr. Pepper......oh that would be nice then they really would have nothing that I enjoy drinking on a daily basis. Heehee maybe I could be Pepsi free by 03 ;)

-Avery

PhillyCoke
06-25-2002, 09:19 PM
Pepsi-Americas also announced they are dropping 7UP by 2003.

sodasommelier
06-26-2002, 01:15 AM
I think if Cadbury uses their head and seeks after smaller, more motivated 'little guys' to sell their brands, they'll soar way ahead of those golf course junkies at the Big Two. Those are the folks who stumble around the golf course drinking miniature plastic bottles of liquor mixed into 20oz plastic bottles of their junk. They are all dinosaurs but they just don't know it yet.

Cadbury's perhaps biggest danger is their willingness to trust quality brands to Snapple distributors. If they continue this trend they're all going to go down the same downward spiral as Coke and Pepsi are headed. This will probably take a decade or so to occur and in today's think-for-today-without-giving-a-thought-to-tomorrow mentality, it'll be interesting to see what path they choose.

SamC
06-27-2002, 08:19 AM
Cadbury should launch a cola and try to compete in the fountain market.

7-UP, Dr Pepper, and Cadbury Cola, along with the various flavors and such would be a formidable competitior. Recognizable enough brands, but clearly able to undercut the Big 2.

If not, 7-UP will become a niche brand.

PhillyCoke
06-27-2002, 10:20 AM
Cadbury already owns RC. But the trouble is, they don't market it. They don't include it in any sales they have. A&W, CD, Sunkist... all will be .79, but RC will still be 1.29. Sheesh, put the stuff on sale, and put it on your displays.

I miss Cherry RC.

Android
06-27-2002, 11:58 AM
I don't know about Cadbury's stance on marketing RC Cola, but in my experience I've not seen RC neglected.... I often see RC included in specials with the other flavors that the local bottlers run. Lately there's the 55 cent coupon on 12 packs I've noticed, just like on Dr Pepper and 7-up. I've seen, if I remember right, 20 ounce plastic priced at 79 cents, with that price actually being part of the label. Whenever I see a special run on 12 packs, or half liter 6-packs, I've never noticed RC being excluded from the other flavors that bottler produces.

andy

PhillyCoke
06-27-2002, 12:36 PM
It must be the bottler around here, then.. we have Canada Dry Delaware Valley as the Cadbury bottler.. And come to think of it, when I was out in WV, RC Winchester (VA) includes RC in their displays and promos.

drpep
06-27-2002, 12:51 PM
One of the biggest soda displays I've seen was in the lobby of a grocery store in Frederick Maryland last fall. It was made up of hundreds of 12 packs of RC.
Around my area whoever distributes Cadbury products has displays consisting of of A&W, Country Time, Sunkist,and Schweppes 2 liters for 99 cents but RC is left on the shelf at $1.39.
Also I've seen Cherry RC in Waverly, NY.

sodasommelier
06-28-2002, 02:16 AM
When RC was in the 16oz refillable bottle, it was absolutely the best. Its current graphics and packaging make it look like a supermarket brand cola. It's very sad to see what has become of RC.

Android
06-28-2002, 10:07 PM
RC is the only cola I'll drink out of a can. The old glass was much better though. I personally liked RC's old 70's and 80's logo, but have to admit it was very dated by the time they changed it. The new logo wasn't the greatest, and the refinement they did on it a couple of years ago didn't improve it any - but I do think it's better than the store brands...

andy

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-02-2002, 08:29 PM
Will Sobe Mr Green replace Dr Pepper in the fountain? Or will it be Wild Cherry Pepsi?

Tom

fusion
09-05-2002, 03:23 PM
Pepsi Bottling Ventures To Unify Lemon-Lime Soft Drink Lineup in North Carolina with Pepsi-Cola's Sierra Mist
'Shockingly Refreshing' Switch from 7UP Effective January 2003
Thursday September 5, 12:26 pm ET

RALEIGH, N.C., Sept. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Consumers in central and eastern North Carolina are in for some "shockingly refreshing" news: Pepsi Bottling Ventures, LLC (PBV) today announced its intention to make, sell and deliver Sierra Mist, Pepsi-Cola's lemon-lime soft drink, throughout its operations in the Tar Heel State.

Effective January 2003, PBV will distribute Sierra Mist in all of its North Carolina franchise areas, including Durham, Fayetteville, Greensboro, Lumberton, Raleigh, Rocky Mount, Wilmington and Winston-Salem. Replacing 7UP, which is owned by Cadbury Schweppes in the United States, PBV will offer Sierra Mist in a full range of single-serve, take-home and fountain packages across all retail channels.

SURGE
09-05-2002, 07:22 PM
Mist really is a ghetto ass brand. As far as overall quality I think it is a low from any company. With Mr. Green being a close second. Flavor is OK for the category but its just suuuuch a booooring brand. Looks so generic. But Pepsi knows that they can muscle it into fountains and soda machines just like Coke does with Mello Yello. So it will be a success but will it surpass 7Up? In sales I doubt it but in profit for Pepsi, it just might. Still I don't think Mr. Green has a chance in hell of taking wind out of Pepper's sail. Not in its current form. It would need a serious label redesign and reformulation to even do a fair job of immitating Pepper. Before Pepsi dumps Pepper they will need to find a real competitor. If Cadbury was smart they would pull Pepper from Pepsi before Pepsi has any competiton leaving Pepsi with a HUGE hole in their product matrix. Then they would have to rush out a half-assed soda which would ultimately fail and Pepper would remain on top. Still I dont think that will happen. But Cadbury had better start looking at Coke (for Pepper) and or Indys. American does an excellent job around here considering it lack of major names like 7Up and Pepper but they really deserve to get those brands. American does a good job with pricing and displays of RC here. The problem lies from lack of media advertising and creating interest on the national level. As for the logo I like it, its simple but elegant. Not perfect but quite nice. Still the #1 canned and plastic bottled cola in my book. Be Free Drink RC! :D

-Avery

Shatter
09-06-2002, 01:36 AM
7 Up is coming out with another line extension. I saw it at this web site: http://www.adage.com/news.cms?newsId=35972

With Pepsi dropping 7 Up, how successful will the rollout be?

SURGE
09-07-2002, 07:59 PM
I don't think a whole lot of 7Up line extencions have been too succesfull the one that pops to mind is Cherry 7Up which actually is pretty good. But it seems pretty hard to find. I'm just not convinced that this is gonna fly. I do wish them the best with it though.

RunWithDaLilGuy
09-08-2002, 05:04 PM
I think that Cherry 7Up, while not being super-succesful, is a quality beverage that many people like. I personally like it as well. more and more people are also discovering diet cherry 7Up as well. Cherry 7up does well in Michigan; a lot of college kids use it as a mixer.

Mr.Surge
10-21-2002, 09:51 PM
I have to say, Diet 7up is one of the best diets I've ever tried. As a young person who doesn't buy diet drinks often, 7up is one of the few that I feel is as good as the original. Plus, Cherry 7up tastes just like a Shirley Temple. Good stuff smile.gif Now, I'm just crossing my fingers that dnL tastes like a certain soda that starts with a S and ends with a URGE.

[ 10-21-2002, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Mr.Surge ]

drpep
10-22-2002, 12:17 AM
I agree with you on the Diet 7-UP Mr. Surge.

xlogold
10-22-2002, 12:21 AM
I think that the new 7-Up flavor will be a medley of fruit flavors but with a clear bottle and a green color, opposite regular 7-Up that offers a green bottle and clear color.

sodasommelier
10-22-2002, 01:30 AM
Gee, makes me want to run out and buy the plastic junk... NOT!

fusion
11-04-2002, 09:38 PM
MASPETH, N.Y., Nov 4 (Reuters) - Pepsi-Cola Bottling Co. of New York said on Monday it will make and distribute Pepsi's lemon-lime Sierra Mist soft drink in parts of New York, becoming the latest Pepsi bottler to drop Cadbury Schweppes Plc's (London:CBRY.L - News) 7 UP.

The change takes effect in January, the company said.

Pepsi-Cola Bottling Co. of New York is an independent bottler of Pepsi drinks. It said it plans to distribute Sierra Mist to retailers in New York City's five boroughs and in Westchester County.

FIZZMAN
11-12-2002, 08:46 PM
actually pepsi can drop 7up anytime they want to. they just can't distrubte 7up anymore after the fist of the year. if they were smart (which they aren't) they would do it really quick before the holidays kick in since thats when 7up sells the best. since Im going to be a dristrubator of 7up after the first of the year who knows if cadbury would be ready for the initial volume kick thats going to happen when we get it. If they weren't then our shelves would be empty while waiting for it and people would have no choice but to buy SIERRA PISS. that would give there customers a chance to try it when there looking for a lemon lime pop the most.

JACK
11-13-2002, 10:23 AM
PBG in your area CANNOT drop 7Up in either bottle/can or fountain prior to 1/1/03. Why?? Because Cadbury negociated a value to maintain volume levels at historic levels. Protecting a franchise which by the way, you are getting for FREE. Now when January comes lets see how you do. Is your company prepared? That is the question, not whether or not Cadbury is ready. Have you bought fountain equipment or vending equipment to take on a brand like 7Up. I am sure that your management will have inventory so you can deliver the brand and fill your shelves and displays. Remember, without fountain sampling and being available in ALL segments, brands have to work harder. You just can't survive "stacking em high, and selling them cheap"

FIZZMAN
11-14-2002, 07:36 PM
Actually in our area it's Pepsi Americas not PBG. From what were being told by ABC(American Bottling Comany)and thier Cadbury rep they said anytime until the end of the year we need to be keeping our eyes open cause Pepsi could make the switch anytime they want.In Minneapolis ABC has already brought in 7up a in there warehouse a couple of weeks ago. As for us being ready we are as much as we can be. We've got a new warehouse thats going to be down around Christmas time, our new bay truck came in 2 weeks ago, we have both coolers and pop machines ready to go out. As for fountain machines that comes back to ABC they don't know if they want to deal with those, so if they don't we'll probaly won't. As for paying for franchise rights for 7up were only a dristubator for ABC so those rights will always be free no matter what on there products if they want somebody to sell them for them.

Terry K
11-16-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by FIZZMAN:
Actually in our area it's Pepsi Americas not PBG. From what were being told by ABC(American Bottling Comany)and thier Cadbury rep they said anytime until the end of the year we need to be keeping our eyes open cause Pepsi could make the switch anytime they want.They're preparing to do it here in Springfield. Pepsi put 7up on sale for 1.99 a 12 pack and 79 cents a two litre and according to pepsi it was to clear out what they had in the warehouse.

fusion
11-16-2002, 08:04 PM
The independent Pepsi bottler on the Eastern shore of Maryland just dropped 7-Up. the local Canada Dry bottler now has the rights for the entire state of Delaware (they just had northern Delaware before), and the Eastern part of Maryland.

The small indie Pepsi bottler we go up against in two counties in Maryland (the territory I work in) is already having trouble getting 7-Up in their warehouse. They are ordering it from another Canada Dry bottler in the Balt/DC area, but they keep shorting their orders. So I guess pretty soon Maryland's Pepsi bottlers will all have dropped 7-Up.

SURGE
11-21-2002, 06:09 PM
Hey FIZZMAN do u work for ABC here in Minnesota? If you do lemmie give u props u guys do a damn good job against the big guys!

FIZZMAN
11-21-2002, 07:56 PM
Surge, no I don't work for ABC we're a distrubator for them in northwestern Minnesota. As for working with them we try to do the same promotions like them in this area if our funding from them allows us, or we might be in a ad with some of their grocery stores if there in our area.
As for what they do, I think they do a great job on promoting there products especially when it comes to 12pk ads. The only thing that might happen this next year though is that there ads might not be as good as the following years now that they'll get 7up. They feel that they won't have to give there 12pks away now that they got a core brand like 7up, people will buy it when its on ad, not just when they want to give it away. What I mean is that it might be rareto see 12pks at 5/10.00 and probaly neversee 6/10.00 anymore which bothers me cause when we're only 4/10.00 we'll go through a couple hundred cases, but when we're 5/10.00 we'll go through at least a thousand. I can see that they want to start making money instead of just pennies, but for us with all the kick backs and rebates we still make the same amount, so if that happens that could hurt all there distrubators here. Incase you didn't know Pepsi Americas have also just dropped Country Time Lemonade and Sunny Delight. Now if they'll only drop Sunkist, smile.gif Squirt, and Hawaiian Punch, then we'll see how the mighty Pepsi will compete in the flavor section!

fusion
11-22-2002, 12:55 AM
Do you have Crush and Tahitian Treat? I know they don't have the name recognition that Sunkist and HP do, but they compete in the same categories. And people will tend to grab a product if it's grouped in the same ad as your core brands.

FIZZMAN
11-22-2002, 06:55 PM
Yes we do carry both those. Actually orange Crush is our number 2 best seller we got. It does well around here cause Pepsi dosen't put sunkist on the display so there's only about 2 cases on the shelf. As for Crush we have 7 cases on the shelf and 50 cases on display. As for Treat we just started carring it in the middle of this year. We dropped Sundrop cause it took a year to sell 50 cases of 20oz., we even had it at .79 and then 2/1.00 just to get rid of it. So we through Treat in our what I call generic line (which includes RC Cola, Canada Dry, and Big Red.)We promote these flavors at .79 all year around if we can get enough space for it. If that happens they fly off the shelf since regular 20oz. is about 1.08 and now Pepsi and Coke are trying to raise the price again so they'll probaly be about 1.17 a 20oz.. I imange if that happens, then those generic flavors will sell even more. Now with 7up, Country Time, and Sunny Delight we'll be getting more shelf space for 12pks and we're going to start carring Treat in the 12pks as well.

the saint
11-22-2002, 08:04 PM
most of the Pepsi DISTRIBUTORS will be dropping country time lemonade over the next few months and refilling the space with lipton brisk lemonade.as for Mist it actually sells a decent amount of product down my way..well at least it is selling a good while before the codes run out..maybe pepsi just added more time on the code..who knows? a quesion for fizzman how long have you been in the business?

FIZZMAN
11-24-2002, 03:02 PM
For The Saint, I'll be going on my eighth year in the beverage business. I worked 3 1/2 for Pepsi and and the other 3 1/2 for a independent distrubator that carries Cadbury products.

Mr.Surge
11-24-2002, 06:58 PM
Here in East Texas, I think 7up is being distributed by DPSU. dnL and 7up are available in the angle-style bottles that DrPepper is in. However, Cherry 7up is in the Pepsi Splash bottle. Very strange.

JACK
11-25-2002, 04:52 PM
The Saint....are you in the beverage business in OK. There is a pretty good three bottler business in that town but I understand that changes have been taking place in the Blue camp.

SURGE
11-25-2002, 05:15 PM
Well best of luck with 7up, I'm not a huge fan but I might consider it more that its out of the hands of Pepsi. As for Sunny D how are the numbers on that? Would it be a good catch? It doesnt seem to move too well around here, maybe cuz its so crappy but does it sell better in other places? Sunkist and Squirt are good brands that will be nice to see out of Pepsi hands. HP makes me sick but hey better by ABC than Poopsi. Now that ABC has 7UP will it also inherit dnL? Hopefully we will see flavor extensions like that an Cherry. Well sorry for the overload of questions but its not to common to see another Minnesotan on here! :D

FIZZMAN
11-25-2002, 06:41 PM
Just got in from my route. Pepsi is starting to blow out 7-up. Gas Stations are at 2.49 12pk and 2ltrs are at .89. One grocery store just went on ad at 1.88 a 12pk and .69 a 2ltr 7-up flavors only. Pepsi and Coke also went up on 20oz. today they went to 19.50. so the retail went to 1.25 tax included. As for an extension on cherry, very unlikely that they would make an extension on a extension line. Yes ABC will carry 7-up and all their flavors that goes along with it.Ive been told that ABC will probaly promote cherry 7up with Dnl just like how Coke did it with Vanilla coke and Cherry Coke. Pepsi also promoted Cherry Pepsi with there Pepsi BLEW. Now for Hp and Sunny Delight. I personally don't like any fruit punch drink, but it is a much more recongizable fruit punch than treat and I now that it sells very well for a f.p drink. As for Sunny Delight I've been told that there numbers are down for the last three years. ABC thinks it the new label its in, but who knows? I think it dosen't help numbers when Pepsi puts in on the bottom shelf next to the hinges with only one facing. As for us were going to put it in our generic line, get a retail of .79 and promote the heck out of it. I believe I'll get alot of people buying it then instead of maybe paying 1.49 for a bottle of 16oz. juice. Also with alot of schools getting away from carbonated soft drinks I've been told that Sunny D does very well then. Hopefully that answers your questions.

the saint
11-25-2002, 06:46 PM
there are many a change in pepsi land in okc..gm fired...sm fired..south tsm fired.. north tsm fired...c&g man fired... same in tulsa..okc and tulsa merge into one territory..lots of bells and whistles on how great it will be i say lots of smoke up our *****...who knows

fusion
12-12-2002, 10:35 PM
DPSU didn't miss a beat. 7-Up will still maintain 100% coverage of the US.

7 UP National Availability to be Maintained After Re-licensing Moves

PLANO, TEXAS, Dec. 11, 2002 – Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. today announced that its program to re-license 7 UP to independent bottlers and distributors in part of the nation has entered into the final phase of initiating agreements that will ensure long-term availability and growth for the popular 73-year-old lemon-lime soft drink brand.

In June 2002, some Pepsi bottlers began notifying Dr Pepper/Seven Up of their intent to switch from 7 UP at the end of the year to a competing brand introduced by Pepsi-Cola. To ensure a smooth transition in the affected territories and maintain long-term availability for 7 UP, Dr Pepper/Seven Up has negotiated agreements with independent bottlers and distributors to handle the 7 UP brand, in addition to expanding 7 UP territories for some Pepsi bottlers retaining the brand. Most of the new agreements will take effect Jan. 1, 2003.

"We look at this as a terrific opportunity to place 7 UP in the hands of independent bottlers and distributors that will embrace the brand and provide the support it deserves in the marketplace," said Doug Tough, Dr Pepper/Seven Up president and chief executive officer. "While there may be short-term disruptions in isolated areas of the country early next year, the long-term vitality and potential growth of 7 UP will be with bottling companies and distributors whose beverage portfolios will be strengthened by having a lemon-lime carbonated soft drink that is an American icon. Our new 7 UP bottlers and distributors, as well as those with expanded territories, have made commitments to grow the brand, and we are confident that by working in partnership, we will do just that."

Dr Pepper/Seven Up officials said 7 UP will continue to be available in 100 percent of the nation. All new 7 UP bottlers will begin distribution of the new dnL product, described as "a flipped version of 7 UP, green in color, with caffeine and a blast of fruit flavors," which was introduced in about 70 percent of the United States last month. The remaining 30 percent of the country will get dnL in January 2003, when newly licensed 7 UP bottlers begin distributing the brand.

"We have experience with re-licensing major soft drink brands, such as A&W and Sunkist, which have grown a combined 36 percent since they left the cola bottler systems in the late 1990s," Tough said. "The opportunities for 7 UP are encouraging and exciting."

SURGE
12-19-2002, 07:27 PM
Pepsi is starting to put up Sierra Mist material everywhere now and alot of stores are reciving their last shipment of Pepsi bottled 7up.
Hopefully ABC will be getting dnL. Pepsi has been just awefull around here with their tardy introductions of Code Red and dnL. I hope ABC helps to make sure that Minnesota can get a taste of dnL before long.

FIZZMAN
01-02-2003, 01:51 AM
I know that we're coming out with not only dnL, but all the lines of 7-up 20oz. at 2/1.00 and we're going to run that until Pepsi finally gives up on promoting sierra misa 20oz. at .79. For us this is important to show Pepsi that when it comes down to compete with them, when we want to we'll beat them. We just choose our battles with them a little wisely and only the ones that matter. ABC on the other hand I was told is going to do the same thing with dnL, but not to sure what they are going to do with the rest of the line.

fusion
01-02-2003, 02:49 AM
How about package offerings? I know that when Pepsi here had 7-Up, they had the cubes, but no 24oz 6pack.. full line in 2 liter, 12 pack, 20oz. I've even seen 3 liter 7-Up in Pepsi areas.

Is your multipack plastic half liter or 24oz? I know that Canada Dry around these parts is getting rid of cans and is pushing the half liters, but RC Winchester (that non-Pepsi Mtn. Dew bottler) uses 24oz as their plastic package of choice.

SURGE
01-02-2003, 04:11 AM
Will be nice to see dnL! Pepsi really has dropped the ball on that just they did with Red Fusion. I have no doubt ABC and and others will do a much better job with these brands. Lets hope they can keep prices competetive and kick Sierra Mist's ass!

Terry K
01-02-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by SURGE:
Pepsi is starting to put up Sierra Mist material everywhere now and alot of stores are reciving their last shipment of Pepsi bottled 7up.
Hopefully ABC will be getting dnL. Pepsi has been just awefull around here with their tardy introductions of Code Red and dnL. I hope ABC helps to make sure that Minnesota can get a taste of dnL before long.Pepsi Americas is one of the WORST with new product introductions. Red Fusion? They didn't have it till Ozarks coke had it for like 3 months.

FIZZMAN
01-03-2003, 01:45 AM
our packages are going to be as follows, 12pks 7-up, dt, cherry, dt. cherry. 2ltrs- 7-up, dt., cherry, dt.cherry. .5ltr 6-packs 7-up, dt.,cherry,. 20oz. 7-up, dt., cherry. now with Dnl we'll have 200z. According to DPSUBG, that Dnl is doing so well that they've bumped up the roll out dates on 12pks, 2ltrs, .5ltr 6-packs from april 1, to feb 1 of this year.

FIZZMAN
01-03-2003, 01:50 AM
Forgot about the 24pk. I know that 7-up is available and probaly dt.. The only thing is that ABC dosen't have enough high volume flavors to push this though. As for us we are not going to carry these cause I believe a pallet of mixed flavors of 12pks will sell alot better at 2/$5 than a pallet that only has 4-5 flavors of 24pks at $5 a case.

Terry K
01-03-2003, 08:40 AM
Forgot about the 24pk. I know that 7-up is available and probaly dt.. The only thing is that ABC dosen't have enough high volume flavors to push this though. As for us we are not going to carry these cause I believe a pallet of mixed flavors of 12pks will sell alot better at 2/$5 than a pallet that only has 4-5 flavors of 24pks at $5 a case.Around here, ABC does push 24 packs, but with a 12 pack usually $1.88, it seems to be a moot point, as the 24 packs are $6 or so.

In Des Moines, I believe Dr Pepper does enough volume to justify putting it in the 24 packs and moving it at the regular prices. (Des Moines is one of the few large markets I know of where Dr Pepper is neither coke nor pepsi)

Terry K
01-03-2003, 08:42 AM
our packages are going to be as follows, 12pks 7-up, dt, cherry, dt. cherry. 2ltrs- 7-up, dt., cherry, dt.cherry. .5ltr 6-packs 7-up, dt.,cherry,. 20oz. 7-up, dt., cherry. now with Dnl we'll have 200z. According to DPSUBG, that Dnl is doing so well that they've bumped up the roll out dates on 12pks, 2ltrs, .5ltr 6-packs from april 1, to feb 1 of this year.dnL may also be moved up just to keep Pepsi from getting a foothold with Sierra Mist. I've said this on the Salute enough times that DPSU is going to have to move and fast to keep Pepsi from getting any major market share with SM

Its also worth noting that ABC is now selling dnL in 8oz cans here in Nebraska. They're quite cute :D

[ 01-03-2003, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: Terry K ]

fusion
01-03-2003, 11:48 PM
Pepsi is not to be outdone by the shift of 7-Up to the Canada Dry bottlers. This month, Acme (an Albertsons' chain) has the two liters for 79 cents, and also coupons for buy one, get one free. So, less than 40 cents a bottle.

[ 01-03-2003, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

FIZZMAN
01-06-2003, 12:31 AM
In my area Pepsi came out giving away sierra mist. In grocery stores the 2ltrs are anywhere from .50-.69 cents a bottle. the 12pks are 1.99 a 12pk, and in the convience stores the 20oz. is .70 and the 12pks are 2.49. It dosen't seem to matter though I had to work saturday morning and I noticed that with only 6 total facing of 7-up I and at .99 a 2ltr, I still had to put up more then pepsi and they had a 4 ft. shelf and on display of Sierra Mist and the retail was at .69. So I wonder whats going to happen 3 months down the road when Pepsi done pushing this and they go back to only relying on Mountain Dew!

FIZZMAN
01-06-2003, 12:36 AM
for the 24pks. I'm don't think ABC really pushes them, but I'm not to sure. All I know about them is that all we're able to get is RC COLA, Dt Rite, Sundrop, AW, and if we had Sunkist we could get that too.

SURGE
01-06-2003, 03:19 AM
Around here I have to say I have never seen an RC or other ABC product 24pack. Amazing! Still I'm happy dnL landed in 20oz bottles. Its quite SURGE like and I love it! When are 12 packs coming!?

NuGrapeman
01-06-2003, 10:01 PM
You can't find a drop of 7UP here now. I wonder how long it will be before the RC bottler will pick it up?? :confused:

fusion
01-06-2003, 10:52 PM
RC in Winchester Virginia makes 24 packs of various DPSU products (Sunkist, A&W, Dr Pepper, etc).. they use the "suitcase" style 24 pack. The other Canada Dry bottlers in this area don't make 24 packs. Their 12 pack selection is also seriously lacking, though their 2 liter flavors are pretty deep. All the Canada Dry flavors (Wild Cherry, Vanilla Creme, Pineapple, etc), plus their core brands and Pennsylvania Dutch flavors.

I just heard today that the small indie Pepsi bottler we compete with in Maryland is dumping 7-Up by February 1st. They've had a lot of problems just getting it from any other bottlers since the big switch happened, so I guess they finally just gave into the Mist.

SplitLevelP
01-07-2003, 10:58 AM
Still no DNL here yet but there is lots of s. mist

Inko
01-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Mist is getting a super bowl ad. no word on dnl.

FIZZMAN
01-08-2003, 02:09 AM
This one's for Surge, dnL 12pks after Feb,1.

SURGE
01-08-2003, 05:20 PM
Thanks Fizzman. I LOVE dnL!!