PDA

View Full Version : Faygo 16oz glass bottles.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-03-2002, 09:33 PM
Faygo has released two more flavors of their 16oz glass bottle line, Blueberry (a totally new flavor) and Rock N Rye. They also have exclusively in the glass bottle a Black Raspberry flavor. All over Detroit and surrounding areas. Selling extremely well.

Tom

PhillyCoke
07-03-2002, 10:26 PM
I found Faygo 16oz at Big Lots. ;)

Shatter
07-04-2002, 02:05 AM
I still have some Faygo Cream Soda and Black Rasberry I bought at Big Lots!

Today my brother and I drove out of Dallas to pick him up some fireworks, and we stopped at a little independant grocery store that had Faygo's old style glass bottles (not the longnecks like the Big Lots kind). The only problem was they only had ONE bottle on the shelf. I didn't search the entire store, and I didn't find any other flavor other than one bottle of Pineapple Orange. But they did have Shasta Kiwi-Strawberry there, which made up for it.

I'd really like to try a blueberry soda, and i've heard good things about Rock 'N Rye. Mr Shasta used to hang around the forum here, and I e-mailed him asking where I can find Faygo and Shasta, but he never e-mailed me back. Maybe I screwed up the address or something. You still out there?

shawn2
07-05-2002, 07:34 PM
I've seen the rock-n-rye in plastic here. I'll have to call the Shasta bottler in Columbus and see if they are going to do those flavors here. The Black Raspberry and The Orange are our biggest glass Faygo sellers.

RunWithDaLilGuy
07-07-2002, 08:34 PM
As far as i know, Faygo does not make those 16oz fat glass bottles anymore. I use the word "fat" because I don't know how else to explain them. A few years ago i saw them down in North Carolina.

Tom

Shatter
07-08-2002, 09:09 AM
Well, they must still make them, because I drank the pineapple orange one the other day. It's expiration date was 02/19/03, so it wasn't an old out of date bottle or anything. I hope they don't discontinue using those fat bottles. I've always liked them, whenever I find them. Which isn't too often. It's been years since i've seen a store that carries it.

boodoo
07-08-2002, 09:55 AM
Shatter,

Have you tried Fiesta stores? They used to carry Faygo in many flavors at 2/$1.00!

mrshasta
07-13-2002, 02:58 AM
Most of the Shasta plants around the country have finished converting from the short neck glass to 20/24oz PET. I have no idea why this is. Faygo Detroit made the switch a long time ago.

I think the Georgia plant still has some recently produced inventory. I could be wrong.

16oz Long Necks are alive, well and doing fine. Kuddos to Real Soda for making it happen out West.

Emails for the Western States on Faygo popfinder always get answered unless the email address you have in the message header is bad. It's automated, so if you ask for a reply to another address, it ain't gonna happen.

sodasommelier
07-13-2002, 03:10 AM
We aim to please smile.gif It would blow you away to see some of the folks who have had us deliver Faygo to their houses and offices! It's all great fun! And yeah, with all this chatter about Vanilla Coke... Faygo Rock N Rye rocks over Vanilla Coke! And their site isn't clandestinely created by Coke either; Faygo has been around for years and years.

bigrich
12-27-2002, 09:56 PM
I finally got to try the new Faygo 16OZ Blueberry. It is by far the best blue colored soda on the market right now. It has a long way to go to compare to the Black Raspberry or Red Pop, but it is tasty nevertheless.

RunWithDaLilGuy 2.0
06-02-2003, 02:48 PM
I wish they would release a drier tasting Faygo. I'm not too sure what all that sweetener and odd coloring is doing to my colon, but booyah!