PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember this one?

Dr. Cherry
03-07-2004, 11:14 PM
Minute Maid Fruit Punch Soda. It was everywhere here is Central California in the early to mid 90s. It was the first Minute Maid soda to drop off shelves leaving only Strawberry, Grape, and Orange. Now I think orange is the only carbanated MM soda left. The fruit punch was my all time favorite drink. It was in a hot pink colored can and was very similiar to Tahitian Treat. Only better!! Anyone know if it still exists anywhere?

XLS_04
03-08-2004, 01:27 AM
Minute Maid changed most of there flavored fruit soda's in 2002.

Minute Maid orange is gone, it has been reformulated and is now called Minute Maid Valencia Orange.

diet Minute Maid orange is now Minute Maid light Valencia Orange.

Minute Maid grape has been replaced with Minute Maid Grape Medley.

some parts of the country still carry Minute Maid strawberry and Minute Maid fruit punch.
The places that do have it still have them available in the old graphics from the 90's.

There might be even more flavors still being made somewhere else in the country too.

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-08-2004, 06:54 PM
i bought a minute maid fruit punch from swire coke back when i was in utah.

fusion
03-09-2004, 01:40 AM
I remember the fruit punch going through a few reformulations.. it was carbonated, then it wasn't, then it was again. Then it disappeared.

It didn't really sell, anyway.. so no big loss.

From what I remember, here are the Minute Maid flavors I saw before the whole juice-added thing started.

Orange
Diet Orange
Grape
Strawberry
Pineapple
Black Cherry
Fruit Punch
Peach
Lemonade (carbonated)
some sort of a blue flavor

RunWithDaLilGuy
03-09-2004, 08:02 AM
i only saw the blueberry out in california. i bought a bottle once in LA, it was extremely out of date.

there was a lemon lime too that i know they had in colorado. it tasted so much better than sprite. i was obsessed with it, and steve winwood, for several years.