PDA

View Full Version : jones juice

juicesommilier
03-15-2001, 09:20 PM
no sobe ever came close to tasting as good as these do....DAVE is the bomb!!

jerryinmich
03-15-2001, 09:22 PM
I work for a distributor that will soon be selling it. Already have Jones soda. Going to be losing Sobe soon to the evil pepsi. Good to here that the jones juice is great tasting.

no one
03-15-2001, 09:30 PM
yes it does taste great.....cool labels and bottles too....bye bye sobe....have u tasted BERRY WHITE yet???

phony baloney
03-15-2001, 10:19 PM
SALES REPS!!!! JONES SALES PEOPLE!!!! JONES REPS!!!! SOME DUDE HYPING A NEW PRODUCT!!!!! YOU CANT FOOL US!!!!! NA NA NA NA NA!!!!

jerryinmich
03-15-2001, 10:37 PM
Phony, your full of it. As i've said, I work for a dist. that has Jones and we will be getting the juice line soon. Do you have a chip on your shoulder because I work for a distributor? Is that a bad thing in your mind?

an annoying dude
03-15-2001, 10:50 PM
I do not work for any kind of beverage manufacturer, wholesaler, retailer, or any other beverage related job. I see one person conversing with another person, who is using different screen names everytime he posts. The short period of time these posts about this new product showed up (8:15-8:30) make it very suspect that one person is having a conversation with 5 other unregistered guys who all show up in the same 15 minute period. Its no secret that the poster who is not jerryinmich is the same person. Someone is hyping this new beverage. These posts are not random people all coming together in one 15 minute time frame sharing the joys of this new drink.

jerryinmich
03-15-2001, 10:57 PM
Annoying, your wrong. I have not hyped any product in this or any other forum. Why do you say that? what product have I hyped? I have not posted anything in these forums without using this one name. Your accusations are insulting and wrong.

jerryinmich
03-15-2001, 11:07 PM
Still steamed annoying. All I ever said about this new product is that I am glad to hear it is good. I've never even tasted it!! When I do, I'll be glad to give you an honest opinion of what I think. Although you probably would'nt believe me anyway. Do you believe everyone on this forum somehow has a hidden agenda??

nydist
03-16-2001, 12:45 AM
hey annoying...or should i say sherlock...looks like you have a bit too much time on your hands....do you just sit around and watch the posts on an industry chat forum in which you claim to not be a part of....you might consider a hobby or going outside once in a while....nice life........oh wait, you're probably one of those jones people trying to stir up controversy and that will cause more promotion of jones....good job dork....

boodoo
03-16-2001, 11:20 AM
I tried the Jones Juice and it was toooooo sweet (70 carbs per bottle)for me! I think the label is disorganized and confusing. It might sell to the same consumer as Jones soda but I don't see it as a mainstream premium beverage.

They sent me an attractive box with a bottle of each flavor and an order form. I have called twice this week to get some info on the product and have yet to hear back from them. I then received a fax letting me know that 100,000 cases have been sold nationwide, but still no personal contact. Typical UJS.

new guy
03-16-2001, 12:26 PM
boodoo-

Right on with those guys. Service kinda sucks. We will have the juice soon and I agree about the "confusing" labels. I had my 13 y.o. nephew check it out at their site to get his opinion (rural based kid with "big city" tastes). He serves as my personal focus group and he likes it. Something of an intellectual, he reminded me that "most kids don't read anymore. They like short , stupid & busy stuff." (Read: Play Station 2) In that regard, Jones Juice may be a big hit (If they can get to distributors with out screwing up every order.) Also, (I'm no youngster) the silly names relate much more to 35+ y.o's than kids. I don't know a single kid under 18 who knows about the smooth, soul brother Barry White ("Berry" White). Or, Cheech & Chongs reefer code: "Is Dave Home?" ("Dave" Hemp Tea). Maybe their parents will think its funny.

boodoo
03-16-2001, 04:01 PM
new guy,
Now I get it! It is designed to attract the attention of the boomers from "back in the day" and will in turn buy it for the product of their loins. What was I thinking? If you do actually receive some product let us know how it does.

datruth
03-16-2001, 09:44 PM
Check the ip numbers, way to close for people in different parts of the US.

Good Try.

sodasommelier
03-17-2001, 01:27 AM
Shouldn't it be spelled "Jones Jooce"? What happened to "Natural Jones"; didn't see them at the Natural Foods Expo this year. I guess the bottomless pit of investors' marketing $$$ hasn't dried up yet. And someone who just got screwed by Sobe is turning to Jones? How many times can your ship afford to sink? Name all Jones distributors who have been selling Jones since its inception and are still selling it! Let me guess... the Canadian gov't required a company that has "Juice" in its name to actually sell juice?? That would explain it. I don't know a surfer alive who's gotten away with jonesing as much as that company. Anyway, the saga continues, so let's all watch what happens with the new "Jones Juice"!!! By the way, is there a choke cherry flavor?

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

stain
03-17-2001, 02:35 AM
that sodasommilier guy sure loves jones products eh???? by the way jones is a us company now smart guy....you obviously are not very unknowledgable about starting up an independent company trying to get enough attention from any distributor who would listen and actually try the brand.....yes jones lost some of the early distributors....because they never should have had it to begin with, but thats what happens when youre new...you go with whomever will give you a shot....as the brand grew, so did the need for new distributors..hence the changes...the only real problems were in california, but those problems have been solved quite well now....so it just goes to show what a dullard you are basing the success of jones on something less relevant like old distributors....we're not talking pepsi or coke here genius.....by the way, if soooo many distributors continually get screwed by jones, why are they constantly growing?? and why are so many coming out of the woodwork now to try and obtain the brand??? they must all want to lose money huh....it would seem that no one would carry jones if all thats going to happen is getting screwed....you know sobe changed lots of distributors as well, as have almost every other brand in existance...again just shows what a moron you are.....i think its funny that jones wouldnt let YOUR company have it....shot down in flames....you may need professional help to get the evil jones out of your head...you sure spend enough energy trashing it....

stain
03-17-2001, 02:39 AM
oops..meant knowledgable up there

jerryinmich
03-17-2001, 08:26 AM
We will soon be selling the Jones juice line, glad to hear some of the positive comments about it. Have a lot of Sobe numbers to make up now

humble dude
03-17-2001, 04:00 PM
I kinda noticed the IP#'s also bought for now I will give jerryinmich some doubt that he is involved with the poster with many names.

jerryinmich
03-17-2001, 04:11 PM
Sorry to disapoint you Humble Dude, It's just me. I don't know anyone here. Still can't understand what I've said to give you the impression that I have some sort of hidden agenda here. As I've said, I hope Jones juice sells well because my livelyhood depends on it. After losing Sobe and taking a big Financial hit, I hope ANYTHING comes along to help make up the numbers. Doesn't make any difference what brand it is to me. Although it would be nice if it was a brand I can believe in and be exited about. If that brand happens to be Jones, that fine with me. If it doesn't then so be it.

FitzgeraldHead
03-17-2001, 05:52 PM
Why would someone post replies under multiple names?

------------------
Be free,Drink RC go to www.rccola.com (http://www.rccola.com) www.rcinternational.rccola.com (http://www.rcinternational.rccola.com) www.rcedge.com (http://www.rcedge.com)

-gecko-
03-17-2001, 08:58 PM
new guy, you dont know enough people under 18.

new guy
03-19-2001, 03:58 PM
Gecko:

Your absolutely right. I don't know anyone (besides above referenced nephew..and his little brothers.) Wait..I have a seventeen year old sister in law. But that about it. Are kids watching Cheech & Chong again? Are they listening to Barry White too? Or are you saying that they will go for Jones Juice?

-gecko-
03-19-2001, 07:55 PM
well, all my friends have heard of barry white. we dont like him, but we know who he is. and we love cheech and chong.

sodasommelier
03-20-2001, 01:30 AM
I deliver drinks to Barry White's house and his staff has never requested any Jones product from us, ever.

------------------
Always remember... Don't follow the can drinkers to the chicken bone recycling bin!

berry white
03-21-2001, 09:18 AM
you deliver drinks to his home??? you are soo cool sodaschleper....dude, your constant slandering of jones really makes you look like a fool...anyone that knows who you are knows the REAL reason you dislike jones.....cuz you aint got it...and you aint gettin it...and in the world of jones, you really dont get it..i have never read such moronic posts from anyone on a chat forum before...yea lets drink jolt for energy it has way more energy aggressive ingredients than red bull or whoop ass...right...lemme guess you sell jolt....

sodasommelier
03-22-2001, 03:09 AM
Yeah, littleguy or whatever your current unregistered name is... of course I sell Jolt; it's pretty good and lots of people ask for it. Afri-Cola is really good as well. They're caffeinated and taste good.

By the way, is your drink 100% juice? Is it instead, a "juice drink" or "juice cocktail"?

------------------

jonesmonster
03-23-2001, 07:05 PM
had a limes with oranges juice today...smooth and tasty...my opinion is jones juice will kick some serious ass...jmho..

JDinMICh
03-25-2001, 09:38 PM
Ok, I might be a new guy here but you guys are cracking me up! In regards to Jones Juice; Who the heck is this sodasommelier anyway? There's only two states that have even got the product in. How would you know what it tastes like? I've had the product for a week and am already getting repeat sales! And I bet PEPSI will kill SOBE just like 7 UP killed ARIZONA! So back off if you don't have a clue. To jerryinmich, good selling buddy! Jones Juice is the next big thing in the bev. industry! And last but not least, to boodoo, WHATEVER!!!

boodoo
03-26-2001, 09:35 AM
Hey JDinMich,
I remember many "next big things" in the beverage industry. Ever hear of Jumping Gems, Orbitz, Surge, Storm, Rain Forest Nectars, Crystal Pepsi, Real Life, (the carcasses begin to pile up), Whipper Snapple, Blue Luna, Sun Valley Squeeze, (I think I've just found a new topic..drinks that were going to be the next big thing but became the next big thud), Winterbrook, Crystal Geyser, Snake River, and on and on and on.

I tried all flavors when UJS mailed sample boxes to distributors all over the country. My opinion is that this product is targeted to the 12-24 male demographic. May sell well to these consumers but in it's present state it is not mainstream.

jinMD
03-26-2001, 09:43 AM
Interesting comment about Jones Juice imlying that they had enough samples to send to every distributor; they have presold their entire production already. There was not enough left to send to shareholders who requested some to sample.

jerryinmich
03-26-2001, 10:15 AM
We've just started to take the Jones juice to the trade and the response has been awesome. Let em try a sample and they start looking for space to cut it in.....Goodbye Sobe!!!!!

jerryinmich
03-26-2001, 10:21 AM
JDinMICH, Good to see someone else from Mich here. I think I know who you work for in Lansing, We have a lot of the same brands. I'm located up in northern Mich. Good luck on the Jones juice, it's gonna be big.......

jerryinmich
03-26-2001, 10:29 AM
OK i did it, finally got registered

jonesmonster
03-26-2001, 03:20 PM
living in the city of jones headquarters, this company is gonna rock with their new juices..flavors are darn good,and by launching at this time of year, this summer sales should explode...jmho

boodoo
03-26-2001, 06:50 PM
jinMD,
When I said UJS mailed samples to distributors all over the country I did not mean to EVERY disrtibutor in the country. The box they sent out had a letter and an order form. I called to inquire about pricing and never heard back from anyone.

As far as the shareholders getting samples, what do you expect for your pennies per share?

jinMD
03-26-2001, 07:21 PM
Boodoo,

Depends on how many shares you have. After all size is relative, as they say. Snipping is childish anyway. The bottom line will be sales and resales anyway. We should know in a few weeks. I understand the Archibald Candy will be shipping in a few days and that should enhance Jone's cash flow.

JDinMICh
03-26-2001, 09:28 PM
Hey Boodoo, what age group do you think Sobe was targeted for? huh Yes there are a lot of brands that bomb, but with your attitude I'm suprised you sell anything. Some make it some don't. Even the big boys go thru it!

------------------

sodasommelier
03-27-2001, 12:12 AM
Boodoo... maybe the shareholders weren't requesting samples; maybe instead they were requesting Snapples and it was a typo. And I don't think that Jones is directed toward a 12-24 male demographic; rather it's directed toward a general dumbographic! I noticed that in one of the threads a Jones Jooce distributor had mentioned that after putting the product on the shelves he got good feed back. Was it merely a liquid / solid trade among animal consumables? I guess the feed was good compared to the drink. Very interesting learning about Jones from the insiders.

------------------

Tealover
03-27-2001, 04:23 AM
I've taisted the Jones Juices and they are Good! Just like some Snapple flavors are good and Some SoBe flavors are good too. Unlike SoBe and Snapple the Jones Juices the labeling has doomed it to the kid demographic 16-24 or whatever? Because of this it will do well but its nothing new and won't do any better than the Jones Sodas do and before you bowl me over with "The Jones Sodas rock! I'm comparing it to SoBe and Snapple and they don't come close in sales and volume. So good luck to the J Juices but your just stealing your own Soda Consumers. You should have gone for broader appeal.

boodoo
03-27-2001, 09:42 AM
Another voice of reason tempers the flame of unbridled passion!

JDinMICH
I give my respect and admiration to brands and people who deserve it. I owe my living (25years) to my customers and will not present them with a product that I think is poorly represented. Brands come and go. My equity is in my relationships.

dr pepperman
04-03-2001, 10:51 PM
Sure is a boring place without this discussion raging http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/biggrin.gif http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/wink.gif http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/tongue.gif http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/rolleyes.gif

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4
I am not affiliated with any beverage company!!!!

boodoo
04-04-2001, 08:21 AM
Thanks for page 2. It is sure to get those Jones Junkies Jumping!

Sodalover
04-04-2001, 05:57 PM
Jones Juice is great. Ive tried the samples. FuCranFu was too sweet for me, and I dont like teas at all. But the Purple Carot is freakin awsome. Very few drinks you can drink at both room temp. and chilled and have it still taste good. I ordered it last week at my store and have already put in a re-order on all flavors. So they may not be going after the adult corporate world. Screw them anyways. Who has the most disposable income. Youth. Who is buying probably about 65-75% of Jones. Youth. And who will be tomarrows costomers? Youth will, and the past youth as they turn into adults. Pretty good stratigy I think.

boodoo
04-05-2001, 09:58 AM
Sodalover,

Youth having the most disposable income? On what planet? Most likely it would be the baby boomers. You know, the ones who buy homes, cars, travel trailers, twenty five dollar cigars, designer clothes, take expensive trips to Europe, go on cruises.....

When I was a kid I drank Coke and Dr Pepper. What do people like me drink now? Bottled water, brewed teas, premium sodas, and gourmet coffee.

And do you think that big Pete at UJS wouldn't love to have his company be where SoBe is now. You know, part of the adult corporate world?

jinMD
04-05-2001, 01:38 PM
BooDoo,

Sodalover is right. I am part of that older Corporate world. Youth do have the most disposable income, as a percentage of maintenance needs, for low cost items, i.e., foods, music, etc; Afterall they are still being supported. But he is wrong in another sense, the markets are changing and older, established types are tired of the old drinks and the old marketing. Jones has the potential, with its young and energetic approach, to increase market share considerably. I do not know of any specialty soda company that is near to competing with them. Hansen has fallen, Odawalla is not soda. Do you have any ideas who are the best of the publicly traded competitors to Jones. Obviously Coke, Pepsi, Dr. Peppper, ect. do not count. I haven't tried the Juice yet but then it has not even arrived locally.

boodoo
04-05-2001, 05:24 PM
jinMD,
I'll take real dollars to percentages any day. Yes Jones has the pontential to be the next big thing. But then so do several other companies out there. Sooner or later one will rise above the others. Why publicly traded companies? Got a few dollars left in this blood bath of a stock market that you would like to invest?

JDinMICH,
To go along with my samples received from Jones and them not returning my 3 phone calls.... today I received an 8 page fax from Wyndi Rejniak (Jones)extolling the virtues of UJS, complete with quotes from big Pete and some local business journal. All this attention and still no phone call. Now this is how to build distributor relations! What a company!

dr pepperman
04-19-2001, 09:00 PM
Bevnet has reviews for each of the Jones Juice flavors up.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
I am not affiliated with any beverage company!!!
Frosty Man, Frosty.

boodoo
04-20-2001, 01:23 PM
It is interesting that the reviews from bevnet are very similar to what some of us have been saying about the juice. Good thing that I did'nt get grades like that back in school. Maybe the jones junkies can hack in and change those D's into B's.

jinMD
04-20-2001, 02:32 PM
Boodoo

Maybe you can refer over to the Bev board product review discussion on standards for evaluation of products. Annecdotally, I am getting different mixed responses from tastes tests by different people.

Thanks.

Sodalover
04-20-2001, 04:10 PM
Well,for anyone else who thinks that the most disposible income is not in the pockets of todays youth is obviously smoking crack. Who has the most money, yeah, baby-boomer, the 3 people who have survived the dot.com era and the sillicon vally executives. But who has the most DISPOSIBLE income as a group. The youths, the teens, the early 20s. The ones still living rent free with parents, getting college paid for. No doubt about that. That is were Jones Sodas core audience is at. And yes, Jones Juice reviews on the net were not the best. But who cares. Someone on here said, Id take real dollar value over precentages any day. Well, for thoes of you who dont like Jones for what ever personal reasons. Look at their production lines and how many have sold. Look at the stores carying the product and how they are selling off the bat and getting re orders with in the week. I understand Dannys feelings when he bashes Jones. But I have to take a different route when talking about a product that is or has proven itsself. I would never work for Red Bull. I hate them, I hate their company, I hate their product, and their vans. But, they sell, and sell a **** load, so I would carry them in a second if I had a store. But on the reverse angle, I would never work for them. It comes to the fact of when the dollar knocks on your door, do you answer or say no thanks. Jones Juice and the soda company seem to be doing very well. You may not like the company, but its hard to put together facts about them not growing or having and awsome product. But once again, thats my opinion and thats what the whole thing here is about.

whocares
04-21-2001, 10:58 AM
like it matters what the reviews say...take a look at the review for red bull...they rip it apart and give it a horrible grade.....jones juice is rippin it up...

jinMD
04-24-2001, 03:25 PM
JDinMICH

It's been awhile, are you getting reorders for Jones Juice. How are sales doing.

SodaLover
04-24-2001, 03:38 PM
Have seen many stores re-order Juice already. Many people see the Jones Label and know they like the product. And being given a alternate choice to Sobe they jump for it. Of the 6 flavors I personaly like only 3 of them, but only grab 1 in a store to buy. Teas I dont like so that eliminates 2 already. But these are good products. I talk to my friend daily who sells Jones Soda and Ive seen his numbers rise significantly each week.

jerryinmich
04-24-2001, 09:39 PM
Been selling Jones juice for awhile now, reorders are significant. Consumers seem to responding quite favorably. It's not only holding, but expanding it's shelf space. I know this will bother some, but the proof is whats going on the trucks....

jinMD
04-24-2001, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the reponse. I found Jones Soda and Whoop Ass in Helena, Montana at the Albertson, Safeway and the equivalent of 7-11. I have yet to spot Jones Juice locally in Md. I heard, annecdotally, the food court at Johns Hopkins U. started with 5 cases of Jones Soda and are currently taking 30 cases a week. They will be increasing it to 50 cases a week shortly. Is Jones going from cult to mainstream.

Sodalover
04-25-2001, 02:38 AM
Wow,50 cases a week. Thats huge. How true that number is im not sure. But still it must be huge. I think Jones is starting to go main stream, but not by choice. They have been doing very well in many markets that unless they decided to stop its growth, it has no choice but to move into the main stream. Im sure their cult followers will still be their main focus, but why not give in to the growth. You got nothing to gain but money.

boodoo
04-25-2001, 08:33 AM
Sounds great! Doing well in Helena, Montana and the food court at John Hopkins U. I can hardly wait to see the next IRI numbers.

Slava
04-25-2001, 10:31 AM
Boodoo, I like your quote "Brands come and go. My equity is in my relationships." and use it on my site, if you don't mind.

I don't sell any drinks, by the way. It applies to any business...

boodoo
04-25-2001, 03:24 PM
With my compliments Slava.

Fartknocker
04-29-2001, 01:17 AM
Hey you turdsniffers-

Jones Soda is the Best!
If you have something pissy to say about my favorite soda, I'm going to "whup" your weenie asses and and shove a Jones soda bottle where you'd probably like it shoved.

I'm sending them a picture of my butt to putt on one of their soda bottles. I've suggested a new berry flavor, too. Dingle...get it?

So Jones soda is the best!!!
Any turdsniffers disagree?

And if you do, please respond and answer this question. Why is a so called normal adult(that's you, oysterbrain) spending time reading and posting messages about soda, for Christ's sake. Get a life.

boodoo
04-30-2001, 10:34 AM
Normal. Now that is an interesting word. What does it really mean? I guess it kind of depends on what you use as a baseline. For instance once while on a river trip through New Guinea I happened to be in a group of native head hunters. Now there I was not considered "NORMAL" because I did not partake of the headshrinking rituals. Once I was among a group of drug users. I don't use drugs and therefore was not "NORMAL" to the rest. And to the best of my knowledge I have never photographed or had someone else photograph my butt. So one could say that if I was among Fartknocker and his chums I would not be considered "NORMAL".

Sodalover
04-30-2001, 04:09 PM
Fartknockers, buttnuggets, dorks, buttpirates, fart smellers, peniswrinkles...oh wait were not in second grade anymore...nevermind. Me and Fartknocker are probably feeling about the same with Jones. I think its an awsome brand that is only pointed upwards. But with out everyone else reading and responding to these posts, well there wouldnt be anything to read. Besides, the last thing we want on here is another Dr. Pepper post were everything is I like Dr. Pepper. It makes my nose tingle. Screw thoese posts. Its all about keeping things interesting, and exciting and creating a little unroar for your posts. With out that, this site would suck, plain and simple.

dr pepperman
04-30-2001, 08:21 PM
Ooooo! Got Me

Sodalover
04-30-2001, 08:40 PM
I wont respond to you in that forum of Dr. Pepper land. I think its 260+ responces is probably the only wasted space on this site. But I will respond to you here. Dr. Pepperman, my last responce was not directed at you, simply the fact that stiring things up is a good thing. And well, that site of Dr. Pepper isnt. Did you iritate me by putting up a post. Not in the least bit. Did ya look dumb in doing so, ahh, a little bit. But no worries young one, you will one day enter in to the real world and know what battle you should fight because you can win, and which battle you should fight because they are worth fighting for. I have no ill will towards you Dr. Pepperman, you have not yet matured enough to be able to read inbetween the lines, understand the little jokes, and take a post in full to realise that a responce given was not to you, but to a post earlier. So you are forgiven my young, impretionable lad. Just think of it as a warning ticket. The cop let you off this time. Just dont do it again. And well, to stay in the correct catagories with my responce. Jones Juice is still going strong out in the areas I have seen. Still selling, still tastes great. And its awsome how just about every single Jones catagory gets swamped with responces, good or bad, they hold a lot of peoples responces.

dr pepperman
04-30-2001, 09:06 PM
Oh Ron I did not take it personally. I could care less if someone dislikes Dr Pepper or the Dr Pepper thread. And who are you calling young one? If you are 21 and I'm 36 it should be the other way around, Jr. http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/biggrin.gif

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

[This message has been edited by dr pepperman (edited 04-30-2001).]

dr pepperman
04-30-2001, 09:13 PM
And also I did not mean to leave a post here. I hit submit instead of clear. I was hoping to see if you checked the Dr P post and reply on that thread and hopefully seeing you receive the honors of giving it 7 pages.
By the way say hi to Micheal Douglas for me when you get to the SF PD station house. The Streets Of San Francisco, a Quinn Martin production. http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/biggrin.gif http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/biggrin.gif http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/biggrin.gif

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

Sodalover
04-30-2001, 10:38 PM
I know your age, I read the roll call, it just added a little extra to my post to make you think and add to it, you know thats what its all about. Brownie Points for trying to get me to post on the Dr. Pepper site though, I noticed it had a new hit just after the one on here for Jones Juice so yeah, I checked it out and saw yours. Everyone else there on the Dr. Pepper site though probably has no clue as to what you typed. Oh well, put it this way, I had to respond to it, and it couldnt be boring, its not my style. With out a responce, it would have been just another post not worth reading, such as a Dr. Pepper post...

sodasommelier
05-01-2001, 01:18 AM
Hey, are you going to write parking tickets for Jones vans once you're on the force? One of my delivery drivers used to work for Phil's Meats in Beverly Hills as a butcher, and one of his regular clients was Karl Malden's wife.

Anyway, once you're in the department, let us know and we can set up your office as an office delivery account of exotic beverages. That's alot of fun and you'll make alot of points with your co-workers for coming up with the idea!!!

And I know I'm writing this on a Jones posting site but what the heck; why confuse the readers who are most certainly at the edge of their seats, holding onto their computer screens to keep their balance!!!

------------------

SodaLover
05-01-2001, 03:24 PM
Do you have service up here in the Bay Area? In the city, the officers write very few parking tickets, mainly up to the meter maids. But, well I hope to be a fair officer. Not write up and arrest every single person who breaks the law. But simply take each acction on an individual basis. And a Jones Van, depends were they are, what they are doing, and if I like the person or not. Unfortunatly, I have to do the same to the Red Bull people. And for anyone else out there, little hint, if you keep your meter maids and traffic officers with cold samples in their hands, you a lot more likely to be left alone with no ticket on you vehical.

sodasommelier
05-02-2001, 01:46 AM
Yeah we have a guy up there; does a very good job!! You're right about the meter maids and traffic police; generally if I'm in a precarious area I drive up to one and say that I'm delivering to that store over there and could they please recommend the closest legal parking space.... usually they say it's OK to park in the red zone for no longer than 5 minutes and they won't give me a ticket.

On the red bull vans, as you probably are aware... they always say not to get a red car because the police always notice it first; give it a ticket faster than a less obvious vehicle. So the Red Bull vehicles are pretty visible and since it's in cans their drivers may not have lead feet but at least, aluminum feet... this could cause alot of Red Bull vans to get pulled over!!!

------------------

Sodalover
05-02-2001, 03:03 AM
Really? If you can, email me a product list and his name and number. My father ownes 3 stores here in the Bay Area and he needs some variety in his coolers.

sodasommelier
05-03-2001, 01:48 AM
OK sire... but you'll need to furnish an e-mail address for that! I'll tell you what... write me @ danny@realsoda.com and I'll e-mail you back.

------------------

jonesmonster
05-03-2001, 12:33 PM
jones just released their quarter earnings..sales up 67% q over q..12th consecutive q of growth...said jones juice can eventually be begger than soda and whoopass combined...summer quarter should be interesting ..this co is a baby who is becoming a teenager very fast.....

dr pepperman
05-08-2001, 04:52 PM
Found some Jones Juice today and was going to try it but the new age flavors turned me off.

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

Sodalover
05-08-2001, 09:12 PM
What the turn off with them? What do you want, normal flavors that you find very were else? Purple Carrot is really good, cold or freshly taken from a hot wearhouse. Ive heard the teas are good, but I dont like teas so I wont touch them. I would say try them, but if you dont, its just you who is missing out.

jinMD
05-08-2001, 09:22 PM
Man you have got to be kidding. Here at this site where the free exchange of ideas on drinks, criticism of products and flavors and creations are open for discussion and the only thing that can be said was I don't want to try that it sounds yuckey! Dr. Pepperman get with it. Does Afri-Cola sound good, or Moxie Cola or any of the new drinks out there. If you try something and don't like it o.k. but to say the name of the product scared you off is way out. Consider that many of the products offered here are really weird sounding but actually might be quite good.

dr pepperman
05-08-2001, 10:24 PM
Tried Moxie once,it took a quart of gasoline to get the taste out my mouth.
Sorry about Jones Juice,can't help it if none of the flavors appealed to me. http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/frown.gif

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

dr pepperman
05-08-2001, 10:26 PM
c

dr pepperman
05-08-2001, 10:36 PM
So sodalover,you say you won't try the teas because you don't like them. Well I also happen to dislike any tea drinks. As far as Berry White,don't like grapefruit. Fu Cran Fu,don't like cranberries. Lime with Orange,If I'd seen it I may have tried it. Purple carrot, hate V8 and hated Mistics carrot drink. So there you guys have it. None of the flavors I found were appealing to me. http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/tongue.gif

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

[This message has been edited by dr pepperman (edited 05-08-2001).]

dr pepperman
05-08-2001, 10:46 PM
Hey JinMd I never said the flavors were yucky. Past experiences with Snapple, Mistic, V8 and Sobe meant I knew I would not like Jones similar new age product. I am sure they are a delicious and refreshing beverage with top quality ingrediants. If I find one with all fruit flavor that is not a tea I will buy it and consume it with gusto. http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/biggrin.gif http://www.bevnet.com//bevboard/tongue.gif

------------------
PEPPER UP AT 10,2 and 4.
Frosty Man, Frosty.

Sodalover
05-09-2001, 07:14 PM
The purple carrot doesnt taste like V-8, it acttually tastes good. And Moxie, well the origial all I can say is it is different, but the orange and the other flavors are pretty good. OH MOXIEEEEE!!! haha, I love thier old comercial. Well, all I can say DP is give the Purple Carrot, or well even look for the limes with Oragne. If you dont like it, I cant say anything about that.

jinMD
05-09-2001, 09:00 PM
Purple Carrot,Fu Cran Fu, etc, Jones Juice, etc., all I want to know is it being reordered. Is it selling is it being accepted or is it dead on delivery. Been awful quiet out in drink land.

jerryinmich
05-09-2001, 09:15 PM
Yes,it is selling, it is being reordered and it is holding the space it received. I don't think its the next "big thing" but it is a solid player. It has also brought more attention(and sales)to the soda line.

USF SPAMMER 3
07-06-2005, 11:51 PM
Jones is a tasty soda I love drinking.