PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Blue gone, but what about formula?

djmousie
03-26-2004, 12:43 AM
Now that Pepsi Blue is officially off the market, will Pepsi ever release the formula (I doubt it)? And if not, is there a way to try to get that same flavor making your own soda? I have a passion for this soda (i know most people dislike it), but i guess i wouldnt be on this board posting if i didnt have a passion for my soda flavors. Anyone, Bueller, Bueller,....Dry Eyes!!

boodoo
03-26-2004, 10:23 AM
....locked away in a dark dusty vault somewhere in Area 51 along with the recipe for Crystal Pepsi and Pepsi Light......

Hacksaw
03-30-2004, 05:49 PM
Soda makers tend to guard flavor formulas VERY tightly, including flavors that flopped. Ever notice why the house brands don't taste the same as the major brands? I'd love for someone to come out with the Patio Orange, or Fanta Red Cream exact flavor package, but they are locked away, as said.

marilyn
04-08-2004, 11:36 PM
I would have to agree with you djmousie. I loved Faygo Blue and now I cant find it no where in my town. Can anyone tell me why?

djmousie
04-09-2004, 12:14 AM
I've never even heard of Faygo? Pepsi should also release Mt. Dew Blue Shock as a soda!

DPDude
04-09-2004, 03:26 AM
There's an old saying in business: Companies bury their dead quietly. Pepsi will keep the recipe for Pepsi Blue locked away tight, possibly for reformulation or release down the line but most likely it will never see the light of day again. Pepsi wouldn't want someone else benefiting from their R&D dollars. It would also be embarrasing for Pepsi for another company to be successful with a product that they dropped. You'll never see the formula for Pepsi Blue released.

DietCokeEnthusiast
04-09-2004, 11:34 AM
Berryclear Sprite Remix reminds me of Pepsi Blue for some reason...

Robot
04-09-2004, 01:57 PM
I still have quite a large stock of Pepsi Blue, and to me BerryClear tastes nothing like it.

I am glad I stocked up on Blue though, it was an interesting soda, and I think it will be remembered much like Crystal Pepsi...

I think I have 24 cans, and maybe 10 or more 20 oz bottles.

USF SPAMMER 1
04-12-2004, 12:59 AM
You wanna make some Pepsi Blue?

Carbonate some Windex and dump a buttload of HFCS in it.

Problem solved...