PDA

View Full Version : Diet RC - cola without Aspartame.

Ron
03-29-2004, 02:20 PM
For those avoiding Aspartame:

Diet RC uses Splenda.
The only major brand cola without Aspartame?

boodoo
03-30-2004, 09:12 AM
My favorite diet cola!

Hacksaw
03-30-2004, 03:28 PM
I don't know what the criteria for major brand is, but Boylan's Diet flavors use Splenda, including Diet Cane Cola.

So, what happens to the Aspatame makers if Splenda really takes off? You can cook with Splenda, so that's one big advantage.

SimonNevon
04-20-2004, 01:37 AM
Diet Rite is the major cola in Northern Illinois that uses Splenda.

I prefer Diet RC, but it's harder to find. They're basically the same, Diet Rite is sweeter and caffeine-free.

teamtitan512
04-20-2004, 10:44 PM
I don't understand why ABC makes both. You can find both in some stores, but it takes some work. Only place I've ever done it is in some Wal-Mart Supercenters, and at that, only one, a very large one.

Terry K
04-21-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by teamtitan512:
I don't understand why ABC makes both. You can find both in some stores, but it takes some work. Only place I've ever done it is in some Wal-Mart Supercenters, and at that, only one, a very large one. Considering ABC is owned by the owner of DPSU...

Robot
04-22-2004, 12:51 AM
i picked up some diet RC after hearing alot of people say its good...

will give the first can a go tomorrow.

Robot
04-22-2004, 04:48 PM
its pretty good stuff..

the difference in aftertaste of splenda vs aspartame isnt that huge, but i think diet RC is still really good.

also the fact that i dont drink regular RC much, it doesnt allow for a big notice in difference of taste regular vs. diet.

whereas I have dranken regular coke so muhc, so diet coke is hugely different..

i recommend diet RC!