PDA

View Full Version : I just drank Berryclear Sprite!

berryclearman
03-29-2004, 09:24 PM
It was great! I'd give it a 9/10. :D
It tastes like a blend of berries inside of a regular Sprite.
I got it in the Pacific NorthWest.

Shatter
03-30-2004, 05:51 AM
I finally tried out the flavor shot packet for Sprite that makes it taste like berries, and I wasn't impressed. It's a little too grape flavored.

DietCokeEnthusiast
03-30-2004, 08:54 AM
Was it the berry one or the grape one?

berryclearman
03-30-2004, 02:23 PM
The bottle I got said: "berryclear Sprite Remix."

It also says "Sprite with Berry Flavor and other natural flavors."

It didn't taste liike grape. I expect this to be a HUGE success come summer.
What does "flavor shot packet" mean? :confused: Thanks!

fusion
03-30-2004, 03:54 PM
In some markets, they had barrel coolers with flavor shot packets with them. There was grape, cherry, and berry. They were in a small plastic packet. You added the contents to a 20oz bottle of Sprite.

The berry was supposedly the same flavor as berryclear.

berryclearman
03-30-2004, 04:50 PM
Thank you for explaining this to me!
It's odd that Walgreens has the actual drink before the "flavor shot packets."

that should have "cherryberry" flavor, that would taste GREAT!

berryclearman
03-30-2004, 09:22 PM
The bottle also said "new release."

AWWW, I wish the NW had the flavor packs.
:mad:
Darn!

DPDude
03-31-2004, 03:04 AM
Berryclear Sprite Remix is now available in south Texas in 12oz can Fridge Packs.

Oddly enough Tropical Sprite Remix has really become more common lately. Tropical is available in 20oz plastic, 12oz can Fridge Packs and 3-liter plastic.

So far I've only seen Berryclear Sprite in Fridge Packs.

berryclearman
03-31-2004, 02:44 PM
That's interesting. What do the cans look like?
Do they look like the style of the "tropical" Remix cans?

BTW, are you near South Padre Island?

Thanks

Robot
03-31-2004, 09:32 PM
havent found any of it yet at jewel osco, gas stations or dominick's in chicagoland yet.

if anyone in the chicagoland area finds it, lemme know!

NLE Dan
04-01-2004, 12:08 AM
I haven't seen it anywhere around here yet either. I talked to one of my friends and they said that they've got it in the Springfield market already, and southern Wisconsin is waiting for it, and should have it any day

DPDude
04-01-2004, 03:28 AM
berryclearman,
I'm in San Antonio. HEB stores up here have the Fridge Packs in stock and at the stores I've been to they are on endcaps.

The cans are in the style of Tropical Sprite. The Sprite logo matches the regular Sprite Logo and the background is purple instead of red and yellow.

Terry K
04-01-2004, 04:56 AM
I got BerryClear On Tuesday, not bad stuff. Its available in the LA area now.

berryclearman
04-01-2004, 02:49 PM
DPdude,

Thanks for the report. The can sounds great.
Do you think it tastes better that Tropical? I think so.

BTW, I'm a HUGE San Antonio Spurs fan!

NLE Dan
04-01-2004, 10:15 PM
I just saw berryclear come in to a few different stores around chicago today. The Jewel in Gurnee got it, but hadn't put it out yet tonight. Butera has it in, and was just getting put out when I was there, and Woodmans in Kenosha has it, but wasn't out on the shelves yet, should be put out tonight

Shatter
04-02-2004, 02:53 AM
We have Berryclear Sprite Remix in Dallas now. I bought some tonight. It just tastes like grape soda mixed with Sprite. It's not something i'll ever bother drinking again. Tropical is much better.

Hacksaw
04-02-2004, 08:14 PM
After talking to the local CC bottler, it seems that the marketing for the Sprite Remix series will rotate the flavors each year. They think it will keep each Remix new to the younger crowd. I don't know how well this will work, but that's what they said.

Robot
04-02-2004, 08:28 PM
wouldnt be a bad idea to do this, and then in the future, bring back old flavors..

maybe next year to another sprite remix, and then the next year, bring back tropical.. you could save your research on flavors and also capitalize on nostalgia for an old discontinued flavor.

Robot
04-05-2004, 03:48 AM
I am working on my 3rd 20oz bottles of Berryclear in two days, and I must say: I really like it.

However, I still prefer Tropical to Berryclear.. I am going to stock up on Tropical while I can still find it in a few gas stations...

PopNutz
04-05-2004, 04:54 PM
I liked it better than the Tropical. I did think it tasted more grape than mixed berry though. I will buy it again for sure.

bigrich
04-05-2004, 06:45 PM
I have also got to try Berryclear, it came this last weekend in 20oz, and this week in Fridgepaks. I really like it and thought it tastes like Sprite and Smarties mixed together. Also, I like the Tropical so I stocked up on a few Fridgepaks. It looks like CCE is trying to dump the Tropical quick because our local product (HO) has run out and they have shipped cans and 20oz and 2L from (CN),(DT),(TB),(SL), & (WP).

djmousie
04-05-2004, 06:52 PM
i too prefer Tropical over Berry, not to fond of this new stuff. Oh well..

Hacksaw
04-05-2004, 11:31 PM
I tried it. 7 out of 10 for me. I like the Tropical better

RunWithDaLilGuy
04-06-2004, 12:32 AM
haven't tried it yet. i've heard good things though.
it is out in michigan

DietCokeEnthusiast
04-08-2004, 05:38 PM
I got three 2 litre bottles of it for $1.18 ($0.97 before tax) and i love it! Go BCSRM! The funny thing was on the Manufacutrer's coupons it was called Sprite (tm) ReMix (tm) Berryclear (tm)...

[ 04-08-2004, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: WhatTheWorldNeedsNowIsPiBB ]

chrisok
04-08-2004, 06:35 PM
I tried it today. I think it's not really any better or worse than Tropical. Probably won't try it again. It's just way too sweet and artificial tasting for me.

The Doomite
04-09-2004, 10:21 PM
I can say that I saw this coming back in November when the Berry flavor packs showed up in the cafeteria here on campus. I tried my first bottle of Berryclear tonight with supper, and I wasn't surprised to taste roughly the same flavor as I got with the flavor packs. That having been said, I like it a lot. I still have a few Tropical Remix cans in the fridge, and although I still like the Tropial flavor, I like the Berryclear flavor better. I can detect some grape-like flavor in it, but it definitely doesn't taste like a Grape Crush, for example. I wouldn't mind if they did the rotating flavor things myself, that way I could still get Tropical a couple years down the road. The Doomite Is Out! :eek:

Irishpepsi04
04-14-2004, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by berryclearman:
That's interesting. What do the cans look like?
Do they look like the style of the "tropical" Remix cans?

BTW, are you near South Padre Island?

Thanks Hi I am in the Pacific Northwest, in Tacoma area. I've seen the flavor packets along barrel coolers in one store near Tacoma. A few 7-11 stores did too, but it was attached to inside of coolers where beverages were sold. The Clearberry Sprite tastes good. But the Tropicial Remix Sprite seem to be fading away here.

karks88
04-14-2004, 02:01 PM
I just tried a Berryclear this weekend. I have to say I like it a lot more than the Tropical version. I probably won't buy it regularly but I might pick up a bottle once in awhile.

MISTICman
04-14-2004, 11:29 PM
I tried Berry Clear Sprite Remix last week. At first I liked it....reminded me of Pepsi Blue. Only thing is, when I got half-way through the bottle, I felt like I was gonna puke. I give it a zero out of 10. It was just too.....let's just say I was never a Sprite fan anyway.