PDA

View Full Version : Red Fusion becoming scarce

DPDude
04-04-2004, 04:41 AM
Dr Pepper Red Fusion is almost completely sold out across south Texas. It's amazing how fast a product can disappear once production stops.

I spent this afternoon and part of the evening hitting grocery stores in search of one of the better sodas to hit the market and was able to find only three cases of 12oz cans and 7 20oz bottles. The 20oz bottles have an expiration of April 5, 2004. I'm sure about the cans but hopefully they'll be able to last a while.

Part two of my quest to find the last remaining stocks of Red Fusion continues tomorrow.

10*2*4
04-04-2004, 05:51 AM
Where are you looking? Its still all over DFW.

teamtitan512
04-04-2004, 07:54 PM
No problem finding it from ABC in West Virginia as of today.

DPDude
04-04-2004, 08:03 PM
I'm in San Antonio. Dr Pepper and Red Fusion are/were bottled by Coca-Cola Bottling Company of the Southwest. I spoke with a route driver and a sales rep from them and they both said that they weren't carrying Red Fusion anymore and that there was none left in the warehouse. A check with the grocery managers at local HEB stores and an Albertsons confirmed that they are not able to order Red Fusion anymore. No explanation was given as to why they stopped producing or carrying it.

Everyone I spoke with also said that it was selling well enough considering that there was zero advertising and promotion for it. It could be that DPSU pulled the license or that the local bottler decided to stop making it. In any case Red Fusion is no longer available in the San Antonio market area.

I found a mention on the Salute to Soda website that DPSU pulled Red Fusion in late 2003 but I haven't been able to confirm that anywhere else.

If it's still available in the DFW area I'd keep an eye on what's left in the stores and speak to a sales rep or route driver about it. Maybe it will last longer in the DPSU home market.

I've hit 15 grocery stores and 18 convenience stores and so far have only found 4 cases of 12oz cans and 7 20oz bottles.

Robot
04-05-2004, 02:49 AM
I have noticed lots of places not carrying Red Fusion anymore, but still see 20oz and 12 packs some places.

Today I picked up two 20 oz bottles at a local gas station, they still had the X-Men 2 promotion on the labels.. they movie came out AGES ago.

This stuff sells like ****.

I will stock up however.

DPDude
04-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Mystery solved! I called the DPSU consumer affairs line today and found out that Red Fusion hasn't been discontinued but only dropped by a number of Coca-Cola bottlers around the country. Unfortunately Coca-Cola Bottling of the Southwest is who bottled it in the south Texas market and it has been dropped.
A call to CCBSW only yielded the standard "a number of factors go into the decison making process as to what flavors we produce and/or distribute" line. Looks like I'll have to do some driving to get it once my supply runs out.

ben
05-18-2004, 07:38 PM
ya now all we have here is dr.pepper

Terry K
05-20-2004, 07:14 AM
I have a report it just showed up in ABC Michigan territory (around Bay City/Saginaw) in Cool 12 Packs.