PDA

View Full Version : Some evidence of Red Fusion's flavor

Robot
04-06-2004, 06:20 PM
I have always wondered what Red Fusion's flavor was supposed to be..

http://www.landor.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=cPortfolio.getCase&caseid=596

It gives credence to the idea that Red Fusion is Dr. Pepper with a strong Cherry flavor added. This company handled the naming of the soda and gives some look into how that was handled, as well as saying it was mainly Cherry flavoring added to Dr. Pepper, as well as some other flavors.

I wonder what those other minor flavors added were?

Anyways, I was just enjoying a Red Fusion right now and figured I'd do some searching on the web for what its flavor was supposed to be.

I am not sure if I like Red Fusion, sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I hope it does stay around though, as its growing on me again.

However, I think they should have made a more dramaticly different flavor.. however, considering it is just a brand extension, and still even says Dr. Pepper on the label, it is smart to keep the flavor pallet nearly the same.

Shatter
04-07-2004, 03:37 AM
One of the flavors would have to be strawberry. I've tried making Red Fusion by mixing Fanta Strawberry into Dr Pepper in a fountain dispenser, and it's pretty similar.

Robot
04-07-2004, 03:05 PM
i hear people say that, so possible there is a slight strawberry taste in there, though i havent caught it myself...

lets hope this sticks around long enough for the third extension to be released, if it is..

that would be a great lineup in the fridge!

Robot
04-08-2004, 12:11 PM
i am re-addicted to Red Fusion, immediately popping open a can when I woke up...

good stuff.