PDA

View Full Version : People's thoughts on SWERVE?

Robot
04-08-2004, 12:40 AM
I am drinking a Chocolate SWERVE right now, and I like it.. It's not amazing, but its good.. I like how its in a can, has good amount of vitamins and what not, and is essentially no fat.

I have the vananna and blooo flavors in the fridge to try tomorrow, i dont anticipate liking them, as they seem kinda weird, and normally i hate bananna flavored stuff. But I will give them a try considering the creative flavor matchups (Vanilla and bananna should be interesting!)

Anyone know where to get this stuff cheap? I think it would sell alot better if you could find it in 12 or 24 packs, but possibly they cant do that because its a milk based product, does it need to be refrigerated the entire time?

djmousie
04-08-2004, 10:05 AM
Does it contain milk? You say milk based, just wondering. I like milk but it makes me gassy and bloated.

tongue.gif

[ 04-08-2004, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: djmousie ]

Startup Dude
04-08-2004, 10:39 AM
The concept behind swerve is to have a shelve-stable milk beverage (over 50% milk content) that will be distributed in Coke vending machines, especially in schools.

However, I haven't seen the stuff anywhere. Coke is probably test marketing the product in some markets. They appears to be low profile with this beverage right now.

toby1
04-08-2004, 10:49 AM
could this be the ANSWER that "SUM"one was looking for in past threads? "When is Coke/Pepsi coming out with SUMthing better for kids"

I think Ive seen this before ... doesnt it have a RB looking cow/bull on the can?

Good to hear thats its drinkable.

Startup Dude
04-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Pepsi has a chocolate milk-based drink called Love Bus Brew (SoBe). Tried it and didn't like it.

golee1
04-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Yeah its the one with the cow on the can. We've had it in for a while, but it's only going to a few schools. We've got a whole sh"tload that goes out of date in early June, not sure what's going to become of it.

Robot
04-08-2004, 12:41 PM
I have only seen SWERVE in two gas stations, one at the corner of Rt 83 (Kingery Highway) and North Ave. in Elmhurst, IL... the other in Rockford, IL.

Wish it had better distribution, and seriously, why not in cans??? I Think this stuff would sell much better in 12 packs...

The chocolate one was good, looking forward to the vananna and blooo ones after reading the reviews of them here on bevnet's main site.

Startup Dude
04-08-2004, 01:17 PM
Jimmy, I think that the Chicago area is a test market for Coke.

Terry K
04-10-2004, 04:28 AM
Originally posted by golee1:
Yeah its the one with the cow on the can. We've had it in for a while, but it's only going to a few schools. We've got a whole sh"tload that goes out of date in early June, not sure what's going to become of it. Try 99 cent only, they're selling it 4 cans for 99 cents, they're about the only one I know of who has ever sold it, and they get the stuff no other retailer will touch.

golee1
04-10-2004, 10:45 AM
We don't have 99 cent only around here though.

We have a independent store in Harrisonburg called Sharp Shopper that buys a lot of close-dated stuff and sells it for dirt cheap(they just got about 60 cases of Minute Maid Smoothies yesterday). It's the only place I've seen with 1/2 liter 6-packs for $.99.

cph
04-10-2004, 11:14 AM
I thought Swerve was just going to schools....

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0BGE/9_38/107395433/p1/article.jhtml

Terry K
04-11-2004, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by cph:
I thought Swerve was just going to schools....

http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0BGE/9_38/107395433/p1/article.jhtml 99 only is a closeout store. They only sell stuff no one else wants or can move.

cph
04-14-2004, 12:59 AM
99 only is a closeout store. They only sell stuff no one else wants or can move. That's not a good sign (where old sodas go to die? I remember seeing the 7up Gold in a 99c only store once, long after it had disappeared from the
regular markets)

Boris
04-17-2004, 07:22 PM
I think it makes about as much sense as sparkling Milk, the first carbonated milk.

Milk is good plain and sometimes chocolatfied in a glass or cup, not a can. I would think a bit more of it if it came in glass.