PDA

View Full Version : Are there any sodas that taste good warm?

Mello Yello Luver
10-30-2005, 08:38 PM
just wondering

Mr Zabe
10-30-2005, 08:52 PM
I drank some warm dark beer like soda while I live in Israel. I nearly made a donation to the porcelain goddess. LOL

Ice cold soda pop or hit the highway. smile.gif

iluvsurge220
10-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Milk is good when it is warm, but pop? None that I can think of at the moment.

SamC
10-31-2005, 06:41 AM
Dr Pepper used to promote "Hot Dr Pepper" as an alternative to coffee and hot chocolate. Not warn, but hot. Heat the product in a coffee pot or sauce pan.

Its not bad.

the saint
10-31-2005, 07:52 AM
I concur with the above post about Dr Pepper. There is a movie with Brandon Frasier(sp?) and Alicia Silverstone that features the father doing that. I don't recall the name of the movie but Brandons family move into an underground bomb shelter for something like 30 years then come back out to a different well world is a good word for it.
Back to the question I personally do not like hot or even warm soda, but, I am able to tolerate a Dr Pepper if I am thirsty and there isn't any cold or I am too lazy to make a glass of ice for it. I do not drink it that way often. I am sure that if I drank coke or Pepsi or whatever on a daily basis that I could tolerate one of those warm also.

RunWithDaLilGuy
10-31-2005, 07:55 AM
****ing encino man dude. that movie rocks

the saint
10-31-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
Milk is good when it is warm, but pop? None that I can think of at the moment. EEEWWWWW!!!! Reminds me of when I was a little one and I would go and stay on my grandfathers farm. He would go out and milk the cows and bring in a bucket of milk and my grandmother would ladle it into glasses for us and it would still be warm from the cows. Nasty, bleh.
But hey if that is what floats your boat, drink away.

snapman9
10-31-2005, 08:07 AM
I CANT REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE MOVIE IN THE LAST COUPLE POSTS BUT IT WAS NOT ENCINO MAN. HOT DR PEPPER IS MAKING A COMEBACK..............

iluvsurge220
10-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by the saint:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
Milk is good when it is warm, but pop? None that I can think of at the moment. EEEWWWWW!!!! Reminds me of when I was a little one and I would go and stay on my grandfathers farm. He would go out and milk the cows and bring in a bucket of milk and my grandmother would ladle it into glasses for us and it would still be warm from the cows. Nasty, bleh.
But hey if that is what floats your boat, drink away. </font>[/QUOTE]EWW!! I'd never drink milk straight from the cow! YUCK!!!! I don't drink warm milk often, but sometimes on a cold winter night before I go to bed I like to have it.

guaranajunkie
10-31-2005, 11:54 AM
The movie you are referring to is Blast from the Past

jblaviback
10-31-2005, 02:07 PM
I don't like pop warm but I think when it's warm it has more flavor for some reason.

MISTICman
10-31-2005, 03:04 PM
BArq's and Cherry Coke taste good warm...I don't refrigerate any of mine.

SamC
10-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by guaranajunkie:
The movie you are referring to is Blast from the Past Yes, that is the movie. The plot is that this guy has a bomb shelter, complete with a 30 years supply of everything, including Dr Pepper. Goes into it during the Cuban Missle Crisis and a plane crashes on his house. He thinks its WWIII and the world thinks he got killed in the plane crash.

Raises his baby with 1963 values. After 30 years he sends kid up to the world (radiation levels have gone down) and kid discovers the truth and the romantic comedy is his trying to fit into modern society.

Not a bad movie.

the saint
11-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by iluvsurge220:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by the saint:
But hey if that is what floats your boat, drink away. </font>[/QUOTE]EWW!! I'd never drink milk straight from the cow! YUCK!!!! I don't drink warm milk often, but sometimes on a cold winter night before I go to bed I like to have it. </font>[/QUOTE]I guess I should have thought about your post more before replying. I know people warm their milk up if having trouble sleeping, make hot chocolate etc. It just made me have horrid flashbacks of my childhood.

Acheron
11-01-2005, 08:46 AM
I used to drink Dew warm. That I can tolerate. Not heated though - room temperature is more like it.

iluvsurge220
11-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Hey, the Saint, lol I understand. My dad grew up on a farm, so he's told me what it was like.

ramonazo
11-01-2005, 02:19 PM
IMO... warm sodas are worthless

ramonazo
11-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by the saint:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by the saint:
But hey if that is what floats your boat, drink away. </font>[/QUOTE]EWW!! I'd never drink milk straight from the cow! YUCK!!!! I don't drink warm milk often, but sometimes on a cold winter night before I go to bed I like to have it. </font>[/QUOTE]I guess I should have thought about your post more before replying. I know people warm their milk up if having trouble sleeping, make hot chocolate etc. It just made me have horrid flashbacks of my childhood. </font>[/QUOTE]http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/freddy_got_fingered/tom_green/freddy.jpg

Serena
11-01-2005, 04:39 PM
Vernors tastes good at room temperature.

doug1885
11-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by SamC:
Dr Pepper used to promote "Hot Dr Pepper" as an alternative to coffee and hot chocolate. Not warn, but hot. Heat the product in a coffee pot or sauce pan.

Its not bad. I've found that the best warm DP is the sucrose variety (w/pure cane sugar). I generally drink the West Jefferson 12 oz. bottles at room temperature.

-Doug